Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
scottk1983
Minors (Single A)

More facegen options for retired players

Please give us the option to freeze a players facegen when they retire so they don't age, and the option to choose which uniform they wear in their facegen after they retire. As it stands, it's very immersion breaking in long-term saves to see a player who retired in 1910 in the 2025 version of his team's uniform, after they've changed cities and or nicknames 2 or 3 times. Also, I would love the option to have the facegen color mode change automatically at user-defined intervals. For example, black and white facegens from the late 1800s until the early 1930s, then sepia until the late 1940s and finally color from then on. This would tie in well with the freeze a facegen option I mentioned earlier and would make for a great distinction between older and newer players.

Last edited by scottk1983; 05-08-2018 at 12:45 PM.
scottk1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Along these lines, I'd like to see a team's history include its logo and uniform history so that players retire in the proper uniform. The history of my fictional league is important to me, and one aspect of that is having players depicted in the proper uniforms when they retire. As a result, the team logos and uniforms in my league have remained largely unchanged since its creation in OOTP13, 90+ seasons ago. I'd love to relocate a team occasionally or overhaul some logos and uniforms, but right now that would result in at least some of my league's legends wearing uniforms for teams that (effectively) didn't exist when they played.

I really hope this is a feature that's added in the near future.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Along the same lines - when scrolling through old news stories, I'd like the thumbnail picture to be of the player as he looked when the news story was written. For example, if my game year is 2019 and I'm looking at old new stories of Steve Garvey from 1981, I want the picture of him to be as he looked in 1981 in a Dodgers uni, rather than as a 70 year old in a Padres uni.

I am very aware that the simplest way to do this will take a tremendous amount of disk space. But I'm hoping you can figure something clever out!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #4
polydamas
All Star Reserve

I think we could develop a neural net to provide unique facegens for every single player. I'll work on it myself and let Markus have it. It shouldn't be very difficult tbh. It might take me 4-5 months though. Do you guys want real looking pictures where they will look human or do you want it to look a bit drawn and cartoonish like we have now? I think real faces will be easier for me. I can probably do it in only 3 months with real faces. The problem is going to be how to age them perfectly. I'll have to learn the Python to do that I think.

Last edited by polydamas; 02-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote