Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:05 AM   #1
tem316
Minors (Triple A)

Any way to make suggestion?

I like playing Historic Sims. However at this time you have two ways of running them. Currently you can A) Allow Computer to control transactions in a fully historic manner.
B) Control one teams transactions, and let Sim generate trades.

I have found in historic Sims, Sim GM makes stupid trades just because and this is a mere assumption it looks at "future value" of players, and not just current value. That over values younger players to an extreme. I propose a third Control Method.

PROPOSED C: Human controlled team controls all transactions for his team, and the Historic timetable controls all other teams. Historic trades and releases, promotions for all teams happen just as the did in real life. If in real life a trade was proposed involving his team (his team MAKING a trade or transaction) he will get a prompt that on this day "such and such" happened, and he will have a yes and no to agree. I would call this a what if or alternative history mode. Fun to see Steve Carlton stay a Cardinal, or Lou Brock stay a Cub....and at the same time allow the remainder of the World evolve just as it did in real life. (How about you 1994 fans get a chance to resolve the issues that led to the strike, and see what would have happened?). Just my two cents worth.
tem316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #2
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

The problem being when one trade the human manager says no on, there would be a domino effect for future transactions.......
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem316 View Post
promotions for all teams happen just as they did in real life.
This is not currently part of the historic transactions feature in OOTP. And I'm not sure it should be. Consider that if in real life Joe Schmoe was tearing it up in double-A so he was promoted mid-season to Triple-A, but in your OOTP sim he's hitting a buck-twenty in Double-A. Do you really think he should be promoted to AAA? Also, what if in real-life a team had an injury to its catcher, so it promoted one who really isn't major-league ready. Do you think that guy should still be promoted to the bigs? Playing this way would also necessitate having much-larger roster limits... Not saying the suggestion isn't valid, but its implementation would present challenges.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
This is not currently part of the historic transactions feature in OOTP. And I'm not sure it should be. Consider that if in real life Joe Schmoe was tearing it up in double-A so he was promoted mid-season to Triple-A, but in your OOTP sim he's hitting a buck-twenty in Double-A. Do you really think he should be promoted to AAA? Also, what if in real-life a team had an injury to its catcher, so it promoted one who really isn't major-league ready. Do you think that guy should still be promoted to the bigs? Playing this way would also necessitate having much-larger roster limits... Not saying the suggestion isn't valid, but its implementation would present challenges.
I think real life promotions is more of a real lineups feature than a real transaction feature
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote