Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #1
pvtitan21
Minors (Single A)

Where are my minor leaguers?

I playing a historical replay for the Padres.
I'm currently at Opening Day in 1970.
The Padres should have three minor league teams.
When I go to the LISTED: PLAYERS IN ENTIRE ORGANIZATION I only have about 33 players listed.
I am using USE REAL TRANSACTIONS.
Any ideas where all my players are?
pvtitan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtitan21 View Post
I playing a historical replay for the Padres.
I'm currently at Opening Day in 1970.
The Padres should have three minor league teams.
When I go to the LISTED: PLAYERS IN ENTIRE ORGANIZATION I only have about 33 players listed.
I am using USE REAL TRANSACTIONS.
Any ideas where all my players are?
Not sure, but I don't think real transactions and the historical minor leagues feature work together. The players you will have in your organization will be the guys that wore the Padres uniform at some point during the 1970 season. I really hope at some point Spritze and Markus can work things so real transactions and the historical minors feature can work together. I don't think OOTP needs to worry about recreating all the real minor league transactions(insane amount of work that isn't needed), but it would be cool to have access to the extra players so using the normal or high injury setting would be an option. Fingers crossed.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I really hope at some point Spritze and Markus can work things so real transactions and the historical minors feature can work together. I don't think OOTP needs to worry about recreating all the real minor league transactions(insane amount of work that isn't needed), but it would be cool to have access to the extra players so using the normal or high injury setting would be an option. Fingers crossed.
Amen to that! Throw Bigrod into that mix with them other two gurus...

At any rate, I believe there is much hope for this becoming reality, based upon a discussion starting here - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3989316 - and the next four posts in that thread.

My ideal OOTP historical world would involve all players debuting with their pro debut, including Negro-leaguers and career minor-leaguers, with the ability to use real transactions that only apply to those players affiliated with a MLB organization. Whether the non-affiliated players have real (as best as can be determined) txns applied to them, or if they bounce around according to AI decisions, I don't really care. But yes, access to all of those players along with historical txns would be awesome!

Fingers definitely crossed for the future!
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote