Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #1161
dfisher9
Bat Boy

Online League game crashes at draft list

I am in an online league and tried to have my scout setup my draft list. Now, every time I go into the draft list to look at the players, the game crashes.
dfisher9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 AM   #1162
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisher9 View Post
I am in an online league and tried to have my scout setup my draft list. Now, every time I go into the draft list to look at the players, the game crashes.
In online leagues with very large draft pools, we have seen this happen (out of memory issue). The next patch will improve this by not having the scout go insane on the draft list and only add a reasonable number of players.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #1163
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown6940 View Post
Went to play out a game. The starting pitcher listed had a six day injury issue that did not require him to be put onto the DL. The lineup screen came up without any pitcher listed (I'm playing as GM with manager in control of pitching). Clicked start game and the "ERROR No Starting Pitcher!" popup appeared. Clicked OK and the game crashed.
Could you upload a league file, please, from right before the game if you still have it? Obviously the crash shouldn't happen.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #1164
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Visibility to Impossible to sign Draft Eligible players

I'm in an online league that's been going for over a decade in real time.

We're struggling a bit with the Impossible to sign Draftees. It's not that we don't like the concept, but you have to click on every player individually to see if he's an Impossible to sign player.

You can't filter by it, you can't bring the rating into the grid, it doesn't export in any fashion in CSV or MySQL data.

Can you include a way to see this data a little better?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #1165
RequiemAnon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game Crashes on "loading nation flags"

Okay, I know this may not be the place to post this, but this thread seems to be the only tech thread alive. I tried weeks ago to join this forum, but I was randomly denied access and the web admins never got back to me when I asked for help. My game has been unplayable since the first update. No matter what I do, the game always crashes at "loading nation flags" part of the loading process. It does this for my old games, imported games, new games, everything. I can only launch the game at this point, but I cannot play it at all. It's very frustrating, and I ultimately just want the product I greatly enjoyed playing to work again.

Last edited by RequiemAnon; 05-14-2015 at 10:43 PM.
RequiemAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #1166
Bledsoe
Minors (Double A)

Sacrifice Fly Problems

I posted a thread here about problems with Sacrifice flies and players scoring from 3rd and 2nd base

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3868493
Bledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #1167
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

While reviewing history in my game that's now in 2022, I noticed that the award for DH Silver Slugger prior to my start year of 2015 was all screwy, with random players rather than the actual winners (who have the correct award designations on their player cards, though). I started a new 2015 game just to see if something may have gotten corrupted all the way, but the issue was there from the start. Attached is a screenshot of the AL awards at the start of a game.

Interesting too that it's a different set of players than in my current game. Also interesting that the names seem to track who won in real life... David Ortiz, for example, won from 2004-2007, as well as in 2011 and 2013, and the same random player is listed for all those years. In my current season, despite the player being different (John Pacella), the same thing holds true.

Wonder if there's any way to fix this in an existing game?
Attached Images

Last edited by HoustonGM; 05-15-2015 at 12:33 AM.
HoustonGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #1168
Substance59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Got an error on one of my goals for some reason.
Substance59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:08 AM   #1169
skrollins
Bat Boy

Going into my first offseason, game seems to crash (specifically via the "OOTP 16 has stopped working" popup) specifically when I try to pick a player in the Rule V draft. If I just skip the draft it's ok, but it also is crashing at random points, to the point I haven't been able to get much past the winter meetings yet.

The generic "OOTP 16 has stopped working", which was never an issue until now, also happens in an earlier backup save I made (dated something like November 3, 2015 in game), so I'm guessing those league files are somehow corrupted?

My uploaded file is New Jays.lg.rar.
skrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #1170
aewin
Major Leagues

I am running OOTP16.4.17 on Windows 8 64bit.

On some screens (eg log into game as manager) the screen does not advance and I have to minimise the game screen and expand it to get the game screen to advance.

I just went through and tried Windows 8 compatibility settings wizard with no luck.

It doesn't prevent the game from being played, but it is a bit frustrating.

Anyone else having the issue?
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #1171
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I'm replaying MLB from 1903 as the Red Sox and am enjoying seeing the Team leader board update in the upper right corner of the Meet the Team screen ... but I notice that the leaderboards for the other American League teams are incorrect. The game thinks that the Cleveland Indians/Naps were once the Spiders, that the Detroit Tigers were once the Wolverines, etc. All these National League and other failed league teams have no relation to the American League teams. Even teams that look like they have the same name (Philadelphia Athletics in the 1880s) have no relation to the AL teams. Can this be fixed? thx
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #1172
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

UGH! My main problem with OOTP15 is still in OOTP16 - Real Time Simulation does not create Game Logs. Creates Box Scores but no Game Logs - I have to go to each game and creates its LOG file - I thought this was going to be fixed in OOTP16 ????
Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #1173
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

4-Out Inning (2 ABs for 1 batter)

Cody Rush made the third and fourth outs of the inning for me.

After an out, I usually click in the blank space on the field to advance to the next batter or 1/2 inning in this case. But I clicked on the Yankees' 1B in this situation, so it went to his player profile.

I went back to the broadcast and Rush was still up with a count of 1-1, 3 outs read on the screen.

He recorded another out and then the game advanced. His extra AB was recorded in the box score, but not in the game log. (Richard Hobbs also was credited with an extra 0.1 IP)
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by andjbock; 05-16-2015 at 10:34 AM.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #1174
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjbock View Post
Cody Rush made the third and fourth outs of the inning for me.

After an out, I usually click in the blank space on the field to advance to the next batter or 1/2 inning in this case. But I clicked on the Yankees' 1B in this situation, so it went to his player profile.

I went back to the broadcast and Rush was still up with a count of 1-1, 3 outs read on the screen.

He recorded another out and then the game advanced. His extra AB was recorded in the box score, but not in the game log. (Richard Hobbs also was credited with an extra 0.1 IP)
This bug has been pointed out, and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch (although I have not seen any comments from members of the development team).

I've never seen it occur for the AI-controlled team, only for my team. You'll see it again if you play out enough games. Had there not been already been three outs in the inning, your batter would have completed a second at bat and the result would have showed up in the game log.

I've had a batter bat twice when he was standing on a second base from a double, and I've had a relief pitcher with a career batting below .150 hit a home run then return to the plate to hit a second home run, and similar occurrences in other games.

This is by far the most irritating bug I've ever seen in OOTP or any baseball simulation game.

Last edited by dunningrb; 05-16-2015 at 02:23 PM.
dunningrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #1175
The Game
Hall Of Famer

For some reason i get the 1st screen the last 2 seasons when trying to vote for the all stars. The 2nd screen is when i recall ballot. i can then pull everyone off then vote. This started after not having the ASG in 1945 for WWII using real schedules.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #1176
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
I'm replaying MLB from 1903 as the Red Sox and am enjoying seeing the Team leader board update in the upper right corner of the Meet the Team screen ... but I notice that the leaderboards for the other American League teams are incorrect. The game thinks that the Cleveland Indians/Naps were once the Spiders, that the Detroit Tigers were once the Wolverines, etc. All these National League and other failed league teams have no relation to the American League teams. Even teams that look like they have the same name (Philadelphia Athletics in the 1880s) have no relation to the AL teams. Can this be fixed? thx
Doesn't OOTP AL history still go back to 1882 vs 1901?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #1177
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Batters coming to the plate over and over again.

This is the same bug that has popped up from time to time regarding a hitter coming to plate again after his plate appearance has been completed. Up to now I have only seen this bug in games in which I am controlling one of the teams, and it has only happened with my batters. But now I have seen it in a game in which the AI is controlling both teams, and-- as you can see-- I've figured out how to force the bug to occur over and over again. In this example, Gabriel Sanchez is setting records that I can safely say will never be equalled in real life.

Here's what I did. When the player's at bat is finished and the all the play-by-play is still on the screen, click on the batter's name to bring up his player page (not the pop-up box but the actual page). Then click Return to Game. He will be at bat again. It doesn't always work, but it seems guaranteed to work if the batter just got a hit--and if you do it just right you can watch him get hit after hit after hit after hit, just like I did here.

By the way, as you can see from the image, there are TWO Arturo Guzmans on the bases. I was able to make him bat twice in a row too, along with several prior hitters. In fact, I think I can make a guy bat multiple times in a row whenever I want. It sure would be nice to NOT be able to do this, either on purpose or by accident.

Would someone else try to reproduce this, please?
Attached Images

Last edited by dunningrb; 05-16-2015 at 07:20 PM.
dunningrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #1178
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

In GM only mode, the team control setting for "Minor League Lineups/Depth Charts/Pitching Staff" does not work. Instead, these things are dependent on the "Setting Lineups & Depth Chart" and "Setting Pitching Staff" settings (in my experience).

It is my understanding that the last two settings only supposed to affect the Major League club. However, they actually affect the entire organization, overriding the first setting.
atl_braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:58 PM   #1179
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Another bug I thought was going to be fixed in OOTP16? The Game Logs (that I have to create one at at time because of another bug - logs not created by Real Time Simulation) is CORRECTLY moved to the almanac but the Box Scores are just copied and remain in the news html box scores folder so if not over written old box scores go into almanac.... I have complained about both of these issues since Real Time Simulation came out... Please Fix.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #1180
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

When in broadcast or webcast mode.

I try to reposition a player box. When I do, it disappears off the screen completely. I have to move everything around just to find it.

I have a Mac
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote