Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Export/Import players from one league to another

I did something without being thorough, and now I'm regretting it, and I'm here to seek help!

I run an online league, and prior to the inaugural draft, we simulated 3 years' worth of data. After 45 seasons, I decided enough was enough and, with the help of OOTP's "Export Stats" function, I managed to erase these years. It worked (yay!), so I happily proceeded.

Now, here's the rub: it turns out the tool has a flaw in it: it doesn't actually export career splits, meaning we've lost the entire history of batting splits. Which... isn't acceptable. As far as I can tell, there is no way to export/import entire career stats, including splits (is there?).

So, here's my timeline:

Jan 25th: Last functional backup.
Feb 4th: Draft pool released - including hundreds of new players. I also did the aforementioned deed of export/import.
March 1st: Where we're at. Draft day.

So, I have a functioning backup, and it wouldn't be too painless to replicate all the transactions that have happened since. Except for one thing: the draft pool. Hundreds of these players did not exist in the Jan 25th backup, and I don't have 50 hours to spend on manually recreating them.

I think that if I could export the draft player list in one league and then later reimport them in another, I could save myself.... quite some time. However, I can't seem to be able to figure out a way to do that. Is there a way?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_Long_Name View Post
I did something without being thorough, and now I'm regretting it, and I'm here to seek help!

I run an online league, and prior to the inaugural draft, we simulated 3 years' worth of data. After 45 seasons, I decided enough was enough and, with the help of OOTP's "Export Stats" function, I managed to erase these years. It worked (yay!), so I happily proceeded.

Now, here's the rub: it turns out the tool has a flaw in it: it doesn't actually export career splits, meaning we've lost the entire history of batting splits. Which... isn't acceptable. As far as I can tell, there is no way to export/import entire career stats, including splits (is there?).

So, here's my timeline:

Jan 25th: Last functional backup.
Feb 4th: Draft pool released - including hundreds of new players. I also did the aforementioned deed of export/import.
March 1st: Where we're at. Draft day.

So, I have a functioning backup, and it wouldn't be too painless to replicate all the transactions that have happened since. Except for one thing: the draft pool. Hundreds of these players did not exist in the Jan 25th backup, and I don't have 50 hours to spend on manually recreating them.

I think that if I could export the draft player list in one league and then later reimport them in another, I could save myself.... quite some time. However, I can't seem to be able to figure out a way to do that. Is there a way?
Try this: Either draft for every team or manually assign all the draftable players to one team then export rosters to a text file. Sort out all the draftable players to a separate sheet using Excel. Open your backup database and create the same number of free agents in that league as you have in draftable players. Make sure you make all the FAs easy to find by giving them all the same position or age or something else. Export those rosters into Excel and copy and paste all the draftable players over those created free agents, except for the draftable players' player IDs and team IDs. If those player IDs don't match the free agents' player IDs, then the draftable players won't show up when you re-import the rosters. Once you've copied and pasted them over, save the backup league rosters as a .csv file and re-import it into your back league. Every player should show up then. You might have to go back through them all to make sure they are still available for the draft but otherwise this should save you quite a bit of time.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote