Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 08-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

Is trading supposed to work?

I'm playing 9.56.

"You are kidding. I'd never accept this deal."

It's 1962. I'm the Leafs and I'm offering Frank Mahovolich, Dave Keon, and Bob Pulford to the Blackhawks for Dennis DeJordy. It's a silly offer and only made to see if the trading had been fixed to work.

I guess not.

I think trading is a critical part of any sports sim and I would hope it will be repaired because I personally have no interest in playing a game that you can't trade in. Of course, this is my personal opinion on trading but then again, if it doesn't work, it shouldn't be available in the game.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Martin, If you were to read what to expect in the beta it had trading listed as such..............................."The trading AI in particular is very much a work in progress. We try different things, sometimes it gets better, sometimes it gets worse. It wasn't that awful a couple of weeks ago, but in the last few builds...well, on a scale of Mike Milbury to Sam Pollock, right now it's at Rejean Houle." Hope this helps mate............................................ Z

Last edited by Zorro; 08-20-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Wow ... I thought I was in a twilight zone, once again, about trading from another time ago ....
Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Wow ... I thought I was in a twilight zone, once again, about trading from another time ago ....
What goes around always comes back my friend. ................................................ ......Z
Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
derek412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

To me that means trading doesn't work at all...odd considering that OOTP (whose engine this is based off, it appears) trading is actually really good now. I realize they are two different sports, but...for trading to be THAT bad? Doesn't bolster my confidence that the full version will be a lot better.