Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #41
Mr Foo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any progress chaps, it sure looks awsome?
Mr Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #42
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Foo View Post
Any progress chaps, it sure looks awsome?
I was trying to help Cobra with this but I have not heard anything for a couple of months nor has he replied to any emails. Not having a go, I appreciate what he was trying to do anyway.

Edit: I just had an email from Cobra, he has had personal problems but he is still planning work on the project.

Last edited by Rob Morris; 07-14-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #43
Mr Foo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I do hope it gets finished, I wish I knew how to create such things, as I usually have bags of time, i'd work on it night and day.

But fingers crossed it gets done, but thanks for the update and my appreciation goes to those who make it.
Mr Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #44
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to bump this because I am really, really close to coming out with an alpha version of my own management tool. Anyone have a good idea where I can host it?

At present it looks like this:

1. You export a .csv of your universe. Right now the tool works with one weight class only, sorry!
1a. The system also assumes you're starting the new uni from scratch.
2. After you load up the uni, the fighters are each checked to see if they're going to work this month, and then, if they are, each boxer in turn gets a short list of opponents to choose from.
3. After you finish choosing opponents, you go to a new screen, which shows a fight card you input into the game. After you do this, you run the fights in TBCB and enter in the results into the window. These results are used to determine future opponents.

I know that Andreas and co. are hard at work on a new version of the game but, well, they've been hard at work on a new version for several years and perhaps in the meantime we can get the RPG aspect of things going. Also, apologies that this took so long but... let's just say that I have learned a great deal about programming in the last year, and had no idea how much I didn't know last July.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #45
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so you know how I said I was almost done? You ever get to a point where you think you're almost done with something and it turns out that you're not? Well, that was me. Anyway, now I really *am* almost done with the first iteration of this - I just need to play through it now and make sure the boxRec ratings work correctly - and then I'll post this somewhere.

I've also added a feature which allows you to choose the sort method for potential opponents:

GOOD_MATCH: This returns the top 5 boxers who have the closest Notoriety (that's a rating based on their boxrec rating and draw power) to the guy you're choosing the matches for.

STEP_UP: This does the same as GOOD_MATCH but bumps up your notoriety by 50% before making the comparisons. In an established universe, this means your guy will be choosing from guys with much better track records than you have right now. If you're just starting out, of course, this isn't going to mean much: you'll be facing guys with a BRR of 6 instead of 3, for instance.

TAKE_A_BREAK: This does the same as GOOD_MATCH only cuts your notoriety in half before coming back with the comparisons.

TOMATO_CAN: This serves two purposes. For an established universe, it's going to return the 5 lowest-rated non-beginners in your "will fight this month" list. If you're just starting out, this will randomly sort all of your beginning boxers... so sort of what the game does automatically except, again, my program will first look at your boxer's conditioning and career stage to determine if he feels like fighting this month at all.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Stuff I still want to add (this is as much for me as anyone else):

- The ability to click on an individual boxer in the Load Screen and pull up his bout history, boxrec style.

- A "purse" rating added to the bouts to be used to sort the bouts created (making the top-tier fights the main events and so on) and, eventually, to be used to track an individual boxer's earnings over time.

- A means of adding non-bout special events that might suspend a boxer from the universe for a period of time, give them injuries, etc., possibly using Lee's(?) rare events chart for guidance.

- The ability to use different weight classes.

- A tiered system that funnels boxers through a hierarchy that starts with their hometown, goes up through their general region, then their global region, and finally the entire world. A young, unestablished boxer based out of New York City would fight other beginners, tomato cans, and club fighters in NYC, then eventually might move on to be able to fight boxers throughout the Northeast, then fight guys across North America, and then finally fight people across the world.

- To the latter point, the establishment of different belts across those different regions which are individually rewarded only to people fighting in that particular region.

- A means of created automated managers that a player can compete against, the idea being that eventually you might have just 3 or 4 guys that you're scheduling fights for while the remainder of the universe happens around you.

- Waaaaay on down the list: the ability to use that money you got from those purses to sign new boxers, pay off the regional and worldwide boxing authorities to get you listed as a contender with them, etc.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #47
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Will it work with fictional boxers?
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #48
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

It will *specifically* work with fictional boxers. With real ones, I'm actually having a bit of an issue with the C Stage Adjust thingie... does anyone know how that works? I mean, if I turn on C-Stage Adjust and then set their career stages to Beginning, will the game generate new ratings for those folks, or will it take, let's say, Muhammed Ali's 15 rating and assume that's where he *started* as a beginning boxer? I'm passing the career stage into my program to determine how often guys fight (beginners tend to fight waaay more often than folks at the end of their careers) so it's a little bit important.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #49
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Syd it creates a new Beginning record in their profile which is based on their Prime rating.

Cheers,
Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #50
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Oh wow, that's the best of all possible newses!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #51
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so I have an alpha ready. What you'll want to do here is rename this file, drop the .xml off the end so it only says TBCB.zip, and then unzip it and run the setup within. I think there are still a couple of dangerous parts of code left, so, um, watch out for that or something... and if you do run into anything please let me know so that I can fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml TBCB.ZIP.xml (223.4 KB, 381 views)
Old 02-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #52
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Okay ran the setup and when I open the manager program what do I do next?
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Run the program, and then click on the "New" option in the toolbar. It'll ask you to load a fighters.csv file from TBCB. It should verify the number of boxers entered into things at that point. Then you'll want to change the date and year to whatever start date and year you want to set, then click Save As to save your universe.

Although the game should work just fine otherwise, you probably want to make sure all your boxers are at Beginning stage at the start of this. Use the Career Stage Adj tool in TBCB to make the game generate pseudo-ratings for dudes. And then I'd also turn on Auto-Aging. The program, again, doesn't care if you bring in a bunch of guys to fight in their Prime and who never move on to Post-Prime or end their careers, but you might care...

From there, just click on the Choose Matches button, which will run a check on all the boxers in your uni to see if they want to fight this month (my experience is that somewhere around 60% generally want to box at first). If the program generates an odd number of boxers, it'll ask you to create a new boxer and then re-export the list.* Then the program will take you to a screen which will give you a few different sort methods (explained above) as well as the top 5 boxers for each sort. To start out, I recommend using TOMATO_CAN, as this should randomly sort all the beginning-stage fighters for you (once you start to get non-beginners in your profile, this will return the 5 boxers with the lowest BRR in your uni; however, by the time that happens you should only have a few beginners to choose fights with).

From there, the program should take you back to the initial screen, where you push the button to enter the fight results. I think I might have accidentally left the save/new/load toolbar enabled here. DON'T USE THAT. Anyway, the next screen, unfortunately, is a bit laborious. I'm going to try to make it so that you can have the game create its html file about the fight card in question and then read that file, but for now you'll have to enter in the number of rounds, the result of the fight, who won (the "Won? check box should be checked if the first fighter won, and not checked if the second one won or the match ended in a draw) and whether or not each boxer was cut and/or knocked down.

From *there*, the program determines new BoxRec ratings for each fighter (please note that a 0-0 fighter fighting another 0-0 guy will not produce any BRRs; this is how BoxRec ratings work**) and then does its behind-the-scenes work to get to the next month. And then you should be able to save your uni at this point, or keep running months.

*I've noticed that TBCB doesn't like it when you export a fighters.csv, then have my program use that file, and then re-export the file using the same name. I'm about positive that this is an issue on the part of TBCB, not my program; nonetheless, all you have to do to work around this is call your new export file "fighters2.csv" or something similar.

**For more info about this, please take a look at their website boxrec.com, then go to the encyclopedia.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #54
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

How do you export the fighters as a CSV? I've only been able to do it as an XML and a tbdx3.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #55
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

It's the second option down under Options -> Exports.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #56
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Okay, there were a couple of issues with the sort algorithms in the first build, and also the main screen wasn't clearing itself out with each month. I've gone ahead and fixed that and also resized the first screen and put more stuff into it (including the Notoriety rating which determines the order of who gets to choose fights).
Attached Files
File Type: xml publish.zip.xml (276.8 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by Syd Thrift; 02-26-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #57
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

This is pretty friggin awesome.

A few features I'd like to see implemented:

-The ability to break up fighters into groups so that you could simulate organizations. Would make things a little easier.

-Perhaps a way to set all fighters to fight a certain group of fighters like the tomato cans or something. I had a game with 200 fighters and 120 wanted to fight that month; it was a bit annoying to have to set up 60 guys.

-Allow for fight cards of different amounts of fights.

And of course it'd be awesome if we could save in the middle of setting up fight cards for the month.

That's all I got for now. Awesome mod man.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #58
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

I tried running the program but got the following error when I tried to load the CSV.
Attached Images
Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #59
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Nevermind I figured it out.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #60
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Very cool Syd. Couple questions:

1. How go about importing new fighters down the road?
2. Does the date at the bottom of the page mean anything?

By the way this thing rocks from the little I have played around with it so far.