Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Help - FTP Error 201 (Connect Error)

I only have 1 GM that cant export. When he does it says error 201. I have sent him the accontsdata_gm.dat in the settings folder. Also sent him the whole folder. Also tried putting hit ftp mode to passive. And he still gets the same error. Anyone have any idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone have an idea?
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Just a stab at it here: is he trying to use a secure FTP connection? That doesn't work with OOTP.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

like a firewall or anti-virus program? if so ive told him to try with it off
Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Is this a new problem? Have other leagues seen this? We just got a rash of 201 Connect Errors today.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
beorn
All Star Starter

One thing to try - Set FTP to passive again.
In a few cases I know of (including myself in one online league) the setting has to be reset every single time, even though it appears to be correct... (In other words, it appears set to passive, but I re-choose passive anyway)

I have also heard second hand of cases where people got different results placing the accountsdata_gm file in the setting folder and then re-entering the game, as opposed to importing it from the Online league setting drop down.

Finally, it is worth being sure that the accountsdata_gm file is not sitting there in the settings folder zipped.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

tried both...still no luck for him
Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
beorn
All Star Starter

Sometimes the only workaround is to choose export (rather than export by ftp) and to email the file to the commish. (It is placed in the import_export folder.) But it is worthwhile for him to keep checking because sometimes these things resolve mysteriously (just as they sometime begin mysteriously).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

I really beginning to think its the user. I am the commish. I have pc like him and i have walked him through. However I think he is doing something to create the problem. I get 29 exports...doesnt make sense for just one and also have new guys get it to work since the one guy with the problem
Old 01-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
I really beginning to think its the user. I am the commish. I have pc like him and i have walked him through. However I think he is doing something to create the problem. I get 29 exports...doesnt make sense for just one and also have new guys get it to work since the one guy with the problem
Of course, he may be doing something wrong, but not necessarily.

That's the problem with this ftp stuff, it's very quirky. I have been on the commish end of it, where all but one or two are fine -- but they can export for other leagues. I have also been on the GM end of it, everyone else able to export but I can't -- but still can for my other online leagues.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
I would be wary to jump to the conclusion. I am in three online leagues. Two of them import and export just fine, but I can not update/load online league file or export for the third league. Tried all the different settings and nothing works despite the other two leagues working without any problems. Surely it is a combination of the hosts server and something specific to my setup/firewall, but it is entirely possible for one user to have a problem that no one else seems to have.

Did you try having the user open and then close 'online league settings' (without making any changes) and then exporting? That works for me when I am at home and not behind the firewall at work.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
MightyQuinn
Minors (Double A)

I am in 3 leagues, 2 work fine, the other one I keep getting the 201 error...
MightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote