Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Game didn't save properly

This is unfortunate; my first playoff series in a long, long time and the league ace pitching for the opposition has, inexplicably, been replaced after I resumed the game.

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

Not only that, but the inning he pitched doesn't seem to even be a part of the boxscore anymore and he is now exhausted.
Attached Images

Last edited by canadian content; 05-27-2019 at 10:15 PM.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

some related things have been mentioned in patch notes and i've seen at least one other thread with similar issues.

try the new settings options -- whatever it is currently, toggle it. "out of memory" save option or something similar.

i'd look at the 2 previous patch notes, i think they mention things related to your issue. if you don't have the latest, then you want to update and re-check of problem continues.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you NoOne, I'll give some of those things a try.

With the new pitcher having already walked a batter, I think I am out of luck. I am not sure why the game did this but I will state that I think I may have saved by X'ing out and I am wondering if that is why this happened.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

This is incredibly frustrating because the best of 3 series is now tied and the pitcher on the opposition that will probably win the Cy Young equivalent can't even throw in this series because he is exhausted.

Is there a way to reset his rest status?

Given how long it has taken for me to make the playoffs in real time, this is a huge turnoff.

Something else I have noticed, unless the game changes it's mind at game time, the opposition's choice for a starter in the final in this best of 3 is 38% tired, too.

I wonder if I deleted the game and rescheduled? Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

Last edited by canadian content; 05-27-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

You can reset the entire league but I don't think you can reset one particular player.

I think it's on the League settings page that you can reset the entire league.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:28 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

challenge mode? if not: (still look if it is challenge mode just in case you have control over it.. not sure)

as long as you don't allow other games to play out as you sim/play your 1 game for your team (a setting), you can change the stamina of your starting pitchers under league settings->stats and ai settings page. left side, drop-down box from verly low to high... likely set to 'very low' by default.

anyway, this basically allows a 5-man rotation, 4.5man rotation, 4 man rotation etc... based on how quickly a pitcher recovers.

you could boost that up to very higher, or whatever, and then it will be retroactive. ~38% likely would jump to full... not sure about completely exhausted though.

for future reference.. sometimes you don't want to reset fatigue of entire league to correct a much smaller issue. bieng the playoffs, probably doesn't matter.

anyway.. that setting is retroactive.. the momoent you shift it back, it's all as it was before you changed it -- as far as fatigue. if they needed 2 more days, they will still need that same time (likely 1 less day after your game, but still the same length to recover) just make sure to revert the setting before advancing a day or allowing other games to play, or pitchers will start out of order, unnaturaly.

also, there are multiple (upto 3 this year with the out of mem directory?) 'versions' of your league in its ".lg" folders.. check out the auto-save folder etc... compare time stamp. if not nearly the same, it likely has slightly older data. you can copy over the files in the main .lg directory and it will revert to that point without problems. it'll even recognize post-dated stats and such and fix it to correct date and delete anythign after that point.

always make backups of these files before doing such a thing... and, more likely useful after a game crash, but in this case it might have been able to revert you back before you saved/exited from a game.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-28-2019 at 01:30 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #7
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
for future reference.. sometimes you don't want to reset fatigue of entire league to correct a much smaller issue. bieng the playoffs, probably doesn't matter.
Thank you for spending this time on my issue (good information there), but given the fact that it's the playoffs, I just went ahead and did a complete league fatigue reset to allow that starter to get a turn in the best of 3. If 'they' win the final game (it's 3-3 in the 8th! ) and that ace isn't pitching by the second game of their next series, I will probably do one more league reset and then leave it at that.

That starter having a 38% fatigue going into the final game of the series...I wonder if that is such a big issue? The AI would probably have pulled him pretty quickly at the first sign of trouble I would think.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #8
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
as long as you don't allow other games to play out as you sim/play your 1 game for your team (a setting), you can change the stamina of your starting pitchers under league settings->stats and ai settings page. left side, drop-down box from verly low to high... likely set to 'very low' by default.
This worked. I did this in the next series to ensure that starter got to start in at the very least, the second game of their next series. It was set to 'normal' and after I simmed that game, I reset it back to normal. This also means my team was knocked out:
Attached Images
Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #9
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Loved being able to play out the playoff games, I usually use this feature from time to time late in games to just get a look at my team or look at highlights. The 3D animation looks good but it needs some cleaning up, for sure. I am really, really glad, though, that OOTP has put some effort into this aspect of their game.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:51 AM   #10
Charley575
All Star Reserve

There's an issue with resuming games in progress. I lost an entire save a few weeks ago because after I finished playing out a game I had previously saved and resumed, all of my .DAT files just vanished into thin air.
Just last night I had to restore from backup because I had a saved game in progress and when I tried to reload the save it hung at 75% loading games in progress and CTD'd.
Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote