Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Pre 1940s players

Originally I wanted to collect a bunch of dead ball era guys and field a team with those but I cant find much of anything pre 1920 in the auction hall so I expanded my list a bit. My goal is still to get the oldest players I can so might switch out some of the late 1930s guys at some point if I can find a replacement.

What I need help with is finding some catchers. There were some good ones back then but not sure if they are in PT. Has anyone seen any pre 1940?

Current Roster:
POS NAME YEAR
Pitcher Pete Alexander PEAK/1915
Pitcher Wilbur Cooper 1921
Pitcher Red Faber 1921
Pitcher Sad Sam Jones 1921
Pitcher Bobo Newsom 1934
Pitcher Charlie Robertson 1922
Pitcher Firpo Marberry 1926
Pitcher Herb Pennock 1927
Pitcher Jack Quinn 1931
Catcher
Catcher
1B George H Burns 1926
LF/1B Bob Bescher 1911 (note: he's doesn’t have much 1B ability)
2B Tony Cuccinello 1938
2B Billy Herman 1937
3B/2B Frankie Frisch PEAK/1930
3B Pepper Martin 1933
SS/2B Miller Huggins 1910 (Note: he's doesn’t have much SS ability)
SS Travis Jackson 1934
LF Jesse Burkett 1901
LF Topsy Hartsel 1905
CF Clyde Milan 1912
CF Roy A Thomas 1901
RF Kiki Cuyler 1925
RF Paul Waner 1932

Last edited by genuvar; 11-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have seen Mickey Cochrane. I have Martin and Frisch, both were great for me.

Last edited by Orcin; 11-18-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
That would have been a great one but probably too expensive. Frisch did ok for me in the entry division and I just picked up Pepper Martin so hoping for good things.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Just brought in pitcher George Uhle. Interesting player since he has 75 contact and 74 gap in batting as well as being a solid pitcher.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
The Otter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I can highly recommend 1902 Socks Seybold. He's a right fielder, so he doesn't solve the issue with catchers, but 67 contact/92 power/54 eye is pretty great.

(Of course, with an 88 overall rating, he's definitely the kind of guy you save up for... still, he's performing quite well for me, even at the AA level.)

The one issue with a lot of these earlier players is that they're so error-prone... the game tends to correct most stats for era, which explains why Seybold (who held the American League single-season record for home runs before Babe Ruth, with 16) is such a fearsome slugger by PT standards. But they don't do the same for fielding percentage, so a lot of players are quite bad at avoiding errors.
The Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Really nice theme!

If it's helpful, there are six pre-1940 catchers with seven total cards among them available in PT.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Really nice theme!

If it's helpful, there are six pre-1940 catchers with seven total cards among them available in PT.
Thanks Lukas! I've been desperate to find those guys but none have shown up in the auction hall yet.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Otter View Post
I can highly recommend 1902 Socks Seybold. He's a right fielder, so he doesn't solve the issue with catchers, but 67 contact/92 power/54 eye is pretty great.

(Of course, with an 88 overall rating, he's definitely the kind of guy you save up for... still, he's performing quite well for me, even at the AA level.)

The one issue with a lot of these earlier players is that they're so error-prone... the game tends to correct most stats for era, which explains why Seybold (who held the American League single-season record for home runs before Babe Ruth, with 16) is such a fearsome slugger by PT standards. But they don't do the same for fielding percentage, so a lot of players are quite bad at avoiding errors.
I saw him out in the auction hall one time but didnt have the points to get him. Kiki Cuyler has been great in RF without him. Babe Ruth would be amazing to snag.

Ran an online league with a bunch of friends in the dead ball era so I get the errors but even with that my team is leading the league in defensive efficiency.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #9
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Otter View Post

I have to agree!

zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuvar View Post
Thanks Lukas! I've been desperate to find those guys but none have shown up in the auction hall yet.

for catchers... saw Bill Dickey in the AH last night.... if I only had the points to afford him I would've snapped that one up for my pre ww2 team.

tried to snag Ernie Lombardi last night as well but someone bid more points that I had available...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #11
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post

tried to snag Ernie Lombardi last night as well but someone bid more points that I had available...
That was probably me. He got two hits in his first game... and is 1-24 since. He does have a 1.73 CERA through eight games, though...
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
That was probably me. He got two hits in his first game... and is 1-24 since. He does have a 1.73 CERA through eight games, though...

nice pickup.... how much was the final price?
Old 12-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
nice pickup.... how much was the final price?
About 5300
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
About 5300
sounds about right... think I put down everything I had with 5 seconds to go (5331), so your max bid was obviously higher... his average sale price was over 6K if I remember correctly so still a deal

I'll just keep trolling the AH until the next old timer catcher comes around (that I can afford )
Old 12-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #15
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post

just saw Cochrane as well....

and snagged him... woot!!

pricey (9001) but it's only points and it was basically the average sale price for him anyway (guess whoever was selling just wanted to move him as the price was 9000 and the BIN was 9001).... big thanks to Burleigh Grimes for throwing the no-hitter for me last night (otherwise I wouldn't have had the points)
Old 12-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #16
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I have a 92 rated Roger Connor. He was the mvp in my bronze league. I tried selling him in the AH a few weeks ago but nobody wanted to fork over the 55,555 I was asking lol
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #17
TreMetal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just opened an Arky Vaughan that might be right up your alley. 1935 historic all star 96 OVR. I am guessing he is pretty rare though since the last 5 and all time are both 55k. His batting is pretty insane:
Attached Images
TreMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #18
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreMetal View Post
I just opened an Arky Vaughan that might be right up your alley. 1935 historic all star 96 OVR. I am guessing he is pretty rare though since the last 5 and all time are both 55k. His batting is pretty insane:
nice pickup.... he'd fit quite well into my bunch.... someday maybe I'll have enough to afford someone like that.... maybe
Old 12-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #19
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuvar View Post
saw another in the AH... but he was priced just a wee bit out of what I can afford
Attached Images