Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Activation Problems/Bugs

Hi, I still wasn't able to activate the game, I hope it's ok to start a new thread for all the guys who have activation problems/hiccups, too.

Sometimes when I try to activate the game I get this error code:

Name:  Error Code.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  151.5 KB

Can this error code help to find the source of the problem? I'm already running the game in "Administrator" mode and told my firewall to always allow internet connection to the FHM2014.exe.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Tried to activate the game several times more and hadn't luck so far...

btw: I can't reproduce the above screen with the connection error. The activation still doesn't work, though.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

On an unrelated (to the issue in the original post) but still important activiation note, make sure you eliminate superfluous spaces from your serial key if you copy/paste! This caused FHM to be ornery and not activate until I got rid of the extra space before the key. I know there's another thread out there discussing it, but I figured it couldn't hurt being mentioned here in case other folks don't see that thread. Hope y'all don't mind!

Last edited by gekkoguy82; 03-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
khucke
All Star Reserve

Same problem here. I cannot unlock game, get this message:"try again in a few minutes". I am mildly irritated that this problem has not been solved in at least 12 hours, nor has anyone from OOTP even acknowledged there is something wrong and they're working on it. Btw, I copied and pasted and entered the code manually, both to no avail.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
airqualf
Bat Boy

i can't activate my license. tried it a couple of times in different ways...won't work.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, this is clearly going on too long in some cases, the busy server issue should be over by now. I'm going to email Andreas and he'll have to investigate with eSellerate, he or I will keep you posted.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
airqualf
Bat Boy

thank you jeff! can't wait to play this thing
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Are there any updates? To say the truth, I really can't stand to wait any longer without a chance to finally play this game...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
airqualf
Bat Boy

same thing here. it's hard to read the stories here without the possibilty of playing the game
Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airqualf View Post
same thing here. it's hard to read the stories here without the possibilty of playing the game
Do you also get the error message stating something like "...try again in some minutes"? The error message in the first post was for some reason "rare"; I wasn't able to reproduce it so far.

Have you also tried to activate the game on different devices? I tried it on two PCs and on neither of them the activation worked.

This has to be a problem with eSellerate/contact between the game and the activation servers...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
airqualf
Bat Boy

yes, same message. i tried it just on one device but that should not be the problem. i think they will fix it soon...
Old 07-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Computer decided it didnt like a file on startup and I had to do a refresh on windows 8. I now no longer have an internet connection for this computer and keep getting the 'cannot activate. Try in a few minutes' message.

Is there any way of doing an offline activation?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

I am having the same problem, being told "The game could not be activated, try again in a few minutes."

This is troublesome because I had downloaded and installed 9.59 earlier and had gotten past this point (only to have it crash when trying to start a season), so I know it worked before.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This is not intended to dismiss any of the frustration above but as a point of information I just activated the game 2 minutes ago. My son activated his different version a couple of hours ago.

I hope all of you get answers or successful activations very soon.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Yup, just successfully activated. Now I'll see if I can create/start game.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #16
Nosferatu
Bat Boy

Same problem as above , enter my code then get the , "try again in a few minutes" I'll give it a while then have another go .
Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

For all those getting the "try again in a few minutes message".

The first time you run the game, right click on the start icon and "run as administrator", then when the game starts try licensing it.

This has worked previously for me.