Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:34 AM   #41
trence
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexD View Post
I hope there isn't an in-game editor introduced in future versions. I've experienced several OOTP leagues that were doomed due to in-game editor manipulations, I.E. cheating..
I hope they do include an editor. Sometimes I like to tinker with commissioner mode, other times not. I think having more ways to make the game customizable is the way to go.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:02 AM   #42
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
what is fully customizable to you?
I’d like to turn it into a VR 1st person shooter to replay the Last Boy Scout scene. If that’s not in the new game, it’s a no-sale for me
Old 05-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #43
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I should have said "fully customizable within reason" - in other words, don't lock the player into a preset league structure.

If I want to expand to 33 teams, let me do that. If I want a 9-round draft, let me do that. Et cetera.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #44
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I’d like to turn it into a VR 1st person shooter to replay the Last Boy Scout scene. If that’s not in the new game, it’s a no-sale for me
haha seeing as how that has only now made it's appearance in OOTP 19 it might take a couple years for football to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I should have said "fully customizable within reason" - in other words, don't lock the player into a preset league structure.

If I want to expand to 33 teams, let me do that. If I want a 9-round draft, let me do that. Et cetera.
More freedom in your game world I would love to see too. It's difficult at this point to predict to what extent the game will include if anything beyond FOF 8. Some of these items have ripple effects as well. If the number of draft rounds were increased, than the draft pool must be flexible so it can increase/decrease with it. These things along with league structure were hard coded in FOF. But hopefully with the support of the OOTP team we will see more of these options with each release.

Last edited by dave1927p; 05-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #45
james17
All Star Starter

The most important 'feature' for the first release is to have an OOTP GUI on top of the existing FOF engine. Customization, such as different league configurations will probably be developed in future releases and versions.

I don't see any deal breakers for me in this first release. I just want an immersive game that is easily accessible. Added goodies can come later.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #46
Skycast
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yea, that's a pretty wide open and vague description.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #47
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

A college game with playcalling
Old 05-17-2018, 03:24 AM   #48
itsmb8
All Star Starter

OOTP 19 level of customization and extremely in-depth front office proceedings (draft, free agency, etc.)

Also, easy graphical modding. I saw the news that it WILL release on Mac, so you all know that i'll be getting this game and will be active in the graphical modding department. Just hoping it'll be made easier for me and everyone/anyone else.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #49
Reggie
Major Leagues

Considering I thought Front Page Sports Football Pro 96 was the best video game ever created.. I will be pretty lenient on my expectations for a 1st release.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:18 PM   #50
Bambi
Bat Boy

For us old-eyes, will there be font size enlargement and exports to html/excel?
Old 05-20-2018, 08:48 AM   #51
macgufo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I support Bambi priority.
I bought FOF, but never play it for font size too small !

I like all real rosters and draft pools from '50s if possible.

(In future I'd like a college game,too but I'm aware it's not a short time hope)
Old 05-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #52
trence
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Not to get too off track, but am I correct in saying there is no way to export to an excel type format in FOF 8? Because I would love to do some custom calculations like I do in OOTP but could never figure that out in FOF 8. PLEASE make that happen in this new game Markus.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #53
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by trence View Post
Not to get too off track, but am I correct in saying there is no way to export to an excel type format in FOF 8?
That’s not correct. There is a csv export in FOF8, and it was there in FOF7 as well.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 05-21-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #54
trence
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
That’s not correct. There is a csv export in FOF8, and it was there in FOF7 as well.
I never had much luck with it, it always exported files with 0 values. Never managed to find much on the boards. Really love how OOTP has customizable filters and things of that nature, hoping the new FOF has that.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #55
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by trence View Post
I never had much luck with it, it always exported files with 0 values. .
Hmmmm...the vast majority of people who play MP use at least one utility that requires running the in-game exports. I've never heard of anyone not being able to run them. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

Archives-->Export Data

and

Archives-->Export Scouting Data

Those two functions combined generate 25+ CSVs that contain nearly every stat and non-hidden rating in the game. I've been in around 10 MP leagues and have run FOFC throughout the lifecycle of FOF7 and FOF8, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of the files not working for anyone.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #56
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, FOF has had an export feature for years.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:10 PM   #57
trence
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Hmmmm...the vast majority of people who play MP use at least one utility that requires running the in-game exports. I've never heard of anyone not being able to run them. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

Archives-->Export Data

and

Archives-->Export Scouting Data

Those two functions combined generate 25+ CSVs that contain nearly every stat and non-hidden rating in the game. I've been in around 10 MP leagues and have run FOFC throughout the lifecycle of FOF7 and FOF8, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of the files not working for anyone.
Whenever I've tried doing that in any of my leagues, the player season CSV files are always filled with zero values underneath the seemingly correct headers. I have FOF8. Never managed to figure out why it did that, figured it was a bug.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #58
perez24
Minors (Double A)

A lot of great ideas. This one might not be a big priority, but I would like the preseason playing time to be set to be consistent with real life, i.e. starters play a little in game 1, a little more in game 2, a little more in game 3 and then practically not at all in game 4.

I think it was suggested earlier, but I'd like to be able to control playing time for specific players and/or starters v subs.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #59
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The ability to have a minor league system like MLB or NHL.

Don't know why the NFL doesn't have at least one minor league. Seems like their only concern is making money and the last thing they want too do is spend money.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #60
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
The ability to have a minor league system like MLB or NHL.

Don't know why the NFL doesn't have at least one minor league. Seems like their only concern is making money and the last thing they want too do is spend money.
The NFL uses NCAA football as their minor leagues.