Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #161
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Bah. Can the psychiatry and play the damned game, Mr. Muse! It will cure whatever does not kill you.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #162
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Bru, I love OOTP, but it will not help you meet women.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #163
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

erm..I don't put salt on slugs...it slowly dehydrates them to death which is pretty evil. Rather just stamp em and give em a quick and messy end.
MrMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #164
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Bru, I love OOTP, but it will not help you meet women.
Probably true but, if one were to meet a certain lady here, she would be guaranteed to be the right one!

- Bru

Old 12-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #165
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quick and messy.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #166
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Probably true but, if one were to meet a certain lady here, she would be guaranteed to be the right one!

Oh Thop it, thop being tho thilly. I never thouht you notithed me.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #167
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post

Oh Thop it, thop being tho thilly. I never thouht you notithed me.
Hey, that was no lady. That was HP!

- Bru

Old 12-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #168
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, that was no lady. That was HP!

Old 12-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #169
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And she'd probably live at least half a continent away and have a mustache. Always keep your gaming and your women separate from each other.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #170
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

hmph...I'm with Bru on this one. Playing games keeps you AWAY from women (and thinking about them)...right now in MY mind that's a GOOD thing.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #171
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

My next door neighbor is a really nice Latin guy, who makes his living gaming and who lives alone with his dog. I had never seen him with a woman, and the neighborhood assumption was that he was a handsome and elegant gay man. I asked him about it one time when we were working on our shared fence together and he looked at me, quite shocked, and said, "Oh, no, James. It's just that women are sooooo expensive!"

Last edited by The Wolf; 12-30-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Wolves leave out words
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #172
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
My next door neighbor is a really nice Latin guy, who makes his living gaming and who lives alone with his dog. I had never seen him with a woman, and the neighborhood assumption was that he was a handsome and elegant gay man. I asked him about it one time when we were working on our shared fence together and he looked at me, quite shocked, and said, "Oh, no, James. It's just that women are sooooo expensive!"
You got that right. OOTPB is the ultimate cheap date! Stick with that.

- Bru

Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #173
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Just popped on to say that I had a very nice (and fairly long) PM regarding this thread from adaman77. Who told me quite a bit about how he got into baseball and offered a few suggestions as to where I might want to direct my attention if I wanted to learn more. So thank you for that, and for reading my thread in the first place.

As far as the women side of my life goes I give up. I'm done. Had a couple of rocky starts and endings recently and I really just can't be bothered any more. I just asked the last one to leave about an hour ago.

I wondered what everyone's general thoughts on OOTP15 seem to be thus far. I also got the circular about the forthcoming Football game and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on that also. I'm sure there are other threads dealing with both but I'm too depressed to go look for them.

I realise I've done nothing with this thread for a fair bit of time now and I haven't played much of ANY game on my computer for a while. But there's a chance that I will have to look for something to occupy my time again fairly soon.

I hope you are all in good health my friends.

Last edited by MrMuse; 02-19-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #174
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Ah, don't worry about females. Things will sort themselves out sooner or later (maybe much later . . . ). You certainly don't have to concern yourself about them here; as far as we know, there is only one (1) identified female member of this community!

As far as OOTP 15 goes, it has generated quite a buzz with the announced 3D ballparks and in-game ball flight. Also of great interest are the real rosters being included for various international (that is, non-American) leagues.

But to me, some of the things that really get my heart thumping are the seemingly minor enhancements like "Enhanced player history tracking (yearly salary, 2nd & 3rd place award finishes, grand slams, walk-off hits, 1- hitters, and other game performances)" and "Teams may retire uniform numbers."

Of course, Markus, being the evil genius that he is, throws in this "Even more surprise features that will be revealed before the game ships" which is the tipping point for many of us. Not for me, though. He had me (pre-ordering) at "Teams may retire uniform numbers."

The football thing came about just as I predicted, but nobody ever listens to me here.

Basically, Markus realized the demand for such a product on this side of the pond and he overcame his reluctance to make an American football game by finding a game-knowledgeable surrogate who will use much of the existing OOTP programming and GUI. I cannot wait.

I do realize, though, that this new game will go through the same learning and development curve that FHM is experiencing now. So, I will be patient with BTS 1 and look forward to its future.

- Bru

Old 10-19-2019, 09:05 PM   #175
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Looking back at all this...with everyone saying about Sabathia being over, I'm told he's just finishing up (more than 5 years later) and looks to be going into HoF….just saying. So the game was right and the opinions of you fans were just speculation. For the record, I own 15,17,18 and 20 and haven't played any of them.

Last edited by MrMuse; 10-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.