Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #361
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilski23 View Post
I don't think they were. Those happened after the one time offer to buy out a player without cap penalty.
I think you're confusing Compliance Buyout with Regular Buyout and Contract Termination. What you describe is exactly a Compliance Buyout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokid90 View Post
Short term addition ? in an update to 6 or more like in a subsequent version ? Looking forward to this as well.
Lean more towards the latter than the former I think. But never say never.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #362
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

E: Nevermind. I'm stupid.

Last edited by Teloch; 12-31-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:17 PM   #363
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Does it work if i put one scout on potential and one on ability? Lets say i have one of each scouting the OHL, will they both scout the same player so i get better rating for both ability/poten? I can't figure out if thats the way it works or if one scout will ignore the prospects that the other one has already taken to A scouting level. Which would mean some would be scouted only for potential and some only for ability.

Last edited by Eugus; 12-31-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #364
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
Does it work if i put one scout on potential and one on ability? Lets say i have one of each scouting the OHL, will they both scout the same player so i get better rating for both ability/poten? I can't figure out if thats the way it works or if one scout will ignore the prospects that the other one has already taken to A scouting level. Which would mean some would be scouted only for potential and some only for ability.
Yes. It's what I even encourage people to do on the Streams. It's rare you find a Scout who is good at both and it will give you a much better view of where a player is at and going to.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:07 PM   #365
vilski23
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I think you're confusing Compliance Buyout with Regular Buyout and Contract Termination. What you describe is exactly a Compliance Buyout.
Yeah sorry about that! Still it doesn't make sense to me why would they sign him to buy him out the next day.

Also I think a lot of players retire way too early. I've seen a lot of players retire in their late 20s or early 30s. While I'm okay with some players retiring this early especially with injuries, it doesn't make a lot sense for 3-5 good NHL players retire every season before they hit 30 years of age.

For example I had Oskar Sundqvist retiring at the age of 29 without any injury problems. He has missed 11 games last 3 season.
vilski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:13 PM   #366
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

when can you sign players in free agency to tryouts? I'm not seeing the option.

edit: nvm the option showed up at preseason start but when i click it nothing happens, another thing i noticed is some players are already invited to tryouts so i can't invite them now. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Last edited by Eugus; 12-31-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #367
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quick Question..

Playing as a Major Junior team for example WHL I used to be able to look up the AJHL, BCHL, MJHL and SJHL etc and be able to scout unsigned and undrafted prospects but cant seem to find it in FHM5 these unplayable leagues to scout them. is there a way to look them up anywhere in the game?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #368
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
when can you sign players in free agency to tryouts? I'm not seeing the option.

edit: nvm the option showed up at preseason start but when i click it nothing happens, another thing i noticed is some players are already invited to tryouts so i can't invite them now. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
If you don't get a response, it means they don't want to come. It gives you the option the day before camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Quick Question..

Playing as a Major Junior team for example WHL I used to be able to look up the AJHL, BCHL, MJHL and SJHL etc and be able to scout unsigned and undrafted prospects but cant seem to find it in FHM5 these unplayable leagues to scout them. is there a way to look them up anywhere in the game?
If you're talking Scouting, they are all in the lists when you set your scouting. You could also scout by the Provincial Region instead. If you're talking just looking for the league, the easiest way to see the teams/players is to click the little World Icon at the top of the screen (to the right of the Mail icon) and then click on the corresponding league.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #369
DeepCorn
Bat Boy

Is there somewhere I can see individual point streaks, goal streaks, multi-goal/multi-point games, hatricks, etc...?
DeepCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #370
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Am I just blind or do the NHL standings not show ROW anywhere?
Old 01-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #371
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you don't get a response, it means they don't want to come. It gives you the option the day before camp.

If you're talking Scouting, they are all in the lists when you set your scouting. You could also scout by the Provincial Region instead. If you're talking just looking for the league, the easiest way to see the teams/players is to click the little World Icon at the top of the screen (to the right of the Mail icon) and then click on the corresponding league.
The thing is these leagues are non playable leagues... also if I add a team in WHL I was able to do a expansion team.. was wondering how do I add an affiliate team to my club?
Old 01-02-2020, 06:02 AM   #372
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

I have a question about game calculation. Last season was the worst season I've ever had. Even though I put the best Team together I've ever had. I also overdrawn my Salary Cup. Nevertheless, I didn't manage to qualify for the playoffs. This season is completely different. I have exactly the same players, but two less in order to compensate the Salary Cup. And i use the same tactics. But the results are much better. Is the game calculation related to the salary cap? Or is there a connection between the average team strength and the game calculation? I've played 9 seasons so far. I noticed a certain arbitrariness when calculating the game results of my team.

Last edited by Monaldinio; 01-02-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Monaldinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:22 PM   #373
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
The thing is these leagues are non playable leagues... also if I add a team in WHL I was able to do a expansion team.. was wondering how do I add an affiliate team to my club?
Not possible for most of the non-NHL leagues right now. I'll see if we can improve that a bit - there will probably need to be some restrictions on who you can affiliate to prevent games from getting broken because of impossible affiliations, but I think we might be able to set up something that defaults partifcular leagues to having a relationship with a higher-level one, so you can choose a farm team from your expansion teams from there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #374
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaldinio View Post
I have a question about game calculation. Last season was the worst season I've ever had. Even though I put the best Team together I've ever had. I also overdrawn my Salary Cup. Nevertheless, I didn't manage to qualify for the playoffs. This season is completely different. I have exactly the same players, but two less in order to compensate the Salary Cup. And i use the same tactics. But the results are much better. Is the game calculation related to the salary cap? Or is there a connection between the average team strength and the game calculation? I've played 9 seasons so far. I noticed a certain arbitrariness when calculating the game results of my team.
Hard to say without seeing the exact situation, but a year can make a significant difference in development if the team's young; if you're keeping the team and lines relatively intact you're developing chemistry between the players, which will also help; and simply getting off to a good start will keep the player morale higher, which can improve performance. The salary cap situation doesn't affect game results at all.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:44 PM   #375
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
Am I just blind or do the NHL standings not show ROW anywhere?
Not directly, but there is the S/O column that shows shootout wins and losses, so the W column minus the first number in that one = ROW.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #376
GMO123
Major Leagues

Is a custom game at the same level of difficulty as a standard NHL game?

If I do well with a team in a custom game and I start over with a standard game is there any major differences between a custom game and a standard game (except real names of players, more leagues in a standard game)?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #377
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not possible for most of the non-NHL leagues right now. I'll see if we can improve that a bit - there will probably need to be some restrictions on who you can affiliate to prevent games from getting broken because of impossible affiliations, but I think we might be able to set up something that defaults partifcular leagues to having a relationship with a higher-level one, so you can choose a farm team from your expansion teams from there.
is it just the Bantam and Midget leagues or is there a way to say look up like AJHL, BCHL SJHL and MJHL etc
Old 01-03-2020, 08:21 PM   #378
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not directly, but there is the S/O column that shows shootout wins and losses, so the W column minus the first number in that one = ROW.
True, but it got a bit hard to follow in a 5-way battle for wild cards.
Considering it's the main tie breaker after points, it would be great if you could squeeze it in the standings screen after points or goal difference, if that's in any way possible. Obviously a minor thing, but would be a little step forward in the quality of life department.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #379
GMO123
Major Leagues

I wonder what the most popular mode is - standard, custom, historical?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #380
sajm0n
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi, can i force someone to take faceoffs in 5 on 5 units?
Barzal has 35% atm, 5/15 in last game and its probably better if Lee (or anyone really) was taking them..

Last edited by sajm0n; 01-04-2020 at 10:41 AM.
sajm0n is offline   Reply With Quote