Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #21
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Princeton 5/5/1871

James boarded the train and headed to his next destination, Princeton, New Jersey. When he arrived, he was met at the station by Princeton University President John Cartwright. The two men talked about the season thus far. Princeton was averaging 857 fans per game, which wasn't too bad, considering the population.

"What is the size of the town, Mr Cartwright?" James inquired.

"Well, that just depends on which Princeton you're asking about." Cartwright replied. "There is Princeton Township and there is Princeton Borough. The township has 1188 people, as of the last census, while the borough has an additional 2798. So, roughly 4000 people."

Cartwright went on to tell James that Princeton was the midway point between New York City and Philadelphia. "It started out as an overnight stopping point for travelers between the cities," Cartwright continued, "but mainly it's just an academic town with a few farms."

Upon arriving at Princeton Park, James met with Athletic Director Ryan Lamar. Lamar gave James a tour of the park, which held 1500 people. The field was large, measuring 434 feet to center, 416 and 412 feet in the left and right alleys and 338 and 332 feet down the left and right field lines.

"The team is doing well, 17-15 overall. Problem is they are 6-9 on the road. Fortunately, at home they're 11-6," Lamar said.

"That bodes well for tonight, then." James replied. "Who are you playing, Mr. Lamar?"

"Rutgers." answered Lamar. "They're 21-11 so far and we've lost six of eight to them this year. It's turning out to be quite the rivalry."

James also met with Manager Kevin Haas. "Mr. Herring, it's great to meet you. I've got a good feeling about tonight. Rutgers has lost their last three games. We're only a few games behind them. And if my third baseman, Jon Hale, gets hot, then we'll win this game."

"Is he your best player?" James asked.

"Yes, the best one, but we have a lot of great players. For instance, my right fielder, Kevon Stevenson, just had a 23 game hitting streak end." Haas replied. "I think tonight would be a great time for him to start another one."

Name:  1871 Princeton.png
Views: 5369
Size:  147.0 KB

When game time rolled around, the weather was beautiful at 57 degrees, but a stiff wind was blowing from right to left. A nearly capacity crowd of 1477 people had come to see the game. Princeton got off to a slow start and found themselves down 2-0 after two innings. But a four run 3rd inning gave them the lead. The game was close after five innings, with Princeton holding onto a 5-4 advantage, but the Tiger bats were swinging and they ended up winning the game 13-4.

Name:  05051871_Rutgers_vs_Princeton.png
Views: 2706
Size:  75.1 KB

James left Princeton the next day and returned home. The season was turning out pretty well, he thought. Although there were many games left to play, James was excited to see the teams competing and the crowds coming out to see the collegiate game.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #22
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Harvard 5/12/1871

The next destination for James was Cambridge, Massachusetts, home to Harvard University. Located just north of Boston across the Charles River, the city was thriving. When he arrived, James met with Harvard President Danny Hickman. He took James for a quick tour of the city, which had a population of 39,634.

"Now over here, Mr. Herring, is the New England Glass Company," Hickman said, as the two men made their way to the campus. "They are the largest and make the most modern glass works in the whole world."

When they arrived at Harvard, Hickman took James to Crimson Ballpark. The park held 1700 people and the field was big. It measured 428 feet to center, 412 and 407 feet in the left and right alleys, and was 333 and 332 feet down the left and right field lines.

At the park, James was introduced to Athletic Director Pat Messick. Messick said that although their team had a winning record at 20-17, they were still six games behind Yale and three games behind for the wild card. "Thankfully, there's still a lot of ball games to be played," Messick stated. Attendance to the games had been weak, with the average at 475 per game.

James went into the team's office and met with Manager Guillermo Perez. Perez seemed confident of his team's chances against Brown. "The Brown Bears are 15-22 and we've won six of eight against them, so I think we'll be alright tonight." Perez went on to tell James about his best player, second baseman Shane Francks. "The kid is only a freshman, Mr. Herring, but he plays like a seasoned veteran. He's hitting .375 this year."
Perez continued, "I think we'll see great things from him over the next three years."

Name:  1871 Harvard.png
Views: 693
Size:  129.8 KB

As game time rolled around, so did the crowd. A near capacity attendance of 1665 was recorded. The weather was nice and the light breeze was blowing out to right field. Brown scored in the top of the 1st to take an early 1-0 lead, but Harvard scored in the bottom of the 2nd to tie it up. In the bottom of the 3rd, Harvard scored three runs to take the lead, 4-1, and they never looked back. The Crimson scored in every inning after that, cruising to a victory and winning by a score of 13-4.

Name:  05121871_Brown_vs_Harvard.png
Views: 787
Size:  63.8 KB

As for James, it was back home to New York the following day. He had a week off before his next trip, but then he was going to travel to three schools over an eight day period. His tour, as the baseball season, was coming to a close. James had enjoyed the association's progress thus far and was curious to see how the playoffs were going to come together by season's end.

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Rutgers 05/19/1871

The next stop on James' tour of the Collegiate Baseball Association took him to New Brunswick, New Jersey, the home to Rutgers University. It was a quick ride on the train, as New Brunswick was a mere 27 miles southwest of Manhattan. Located on the southern bank of the Raritan River, the city had 15,058 residents. Rutgers University President Jeff Vogt met with James and accompanied him to the campus.

Like most university presidents, Vogt was concerned with whether or not this venture would end up costing his university. Vogt told James they were averaging 1134 people per game, which he was happy about.

"Of course, having more people come to the games would be even better," Vogt laughed.

The tour of the Ballpark of Rutgers was like many of the others. The ballpark held 1700 people and the field was slightly smaller than others he had seen. The left and right field lines measured 326 and 320 feet each. The power alleys came in at 382 feet in left and 373 feet in right. Center field was 421 feet deep.

Rutgers Athletic Director Isaac Brown came up and introduced himself to James. "Well, Mr. Herring, I'm not sure what's going on with our guys. They started out hot early on, but now they're struggling." Brown continued, "Their record stands at 22-20 right now. We're three game behind Princeton and two games out of the wild card."

Manager Steve Garrett acknowledged the team's struggles. "Mr. Herring, we've gone 1-11 this month. The kids are doubting their own abilities and I'm having a tough time righting the ship." Garrett went on to say his club had lost six straight, but he was hoping to turn things around tonight against Cornell, who had a record of 14-28. Garrett said his best player was his starting pitcher, Bill Rhoton. "The kid's got great ability, but with things the way they are right now, I'm not sure he's pitching to his full extent."

Name:  1871 Rutgers.png
Views: 727
Size:  130.6 KB

As game time rolled around, 1668 fans entered the ballpark, a near capacity crowd. The weather was nice, mid 50's, and there was a light breeze blowing in from right field. Unfortunately for the Scarlet Knights, their luck didn't change. By the 5th inning, they found themselves down 5-0 and eventually lost the contest 11-4.

Name:  05191871_Cornell_vs_Rutgers.png
Views: 1189
Size:  82.2 KB

As for James, he was on the road again, with another visit scheduled in just two days time.

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #24
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Yale 5/21/1871

James was on his way to New Haven, Connecticut, where he would be visiting the Yale University campus. When he arrived, he met with Yale University President Jesse Berry. Berry led James through the city while they were traveling toward the campus.

"That, Mr. Herring, is the New Haven Arms Company," Berry said. "They made a lot of guns during the Civil War and they're probably the biggest company in the city."

The city had a population of 50,840 and was located on the northern shore of Long Island Sound. As the two men arrived at the campus, they proceeded to see Bulldogs Ballpark. The ballpark was the largest, capacity-wise, that James had seen. It held 1900 people. The field measured short down the lines; 314 feet in left and 320 feet in right. The left and right power alleys were 371 and 384 feet, while center was 419 feet away from home plate.

James spoke briefly with Yale Athletic Director Adam Patrick about the team's performance. "What can I say, Mr. Herring? We're the best baseball team in all of college baseball," Patrick boasted. Yale had put together a record of 32-12 and was eight games ahead of their nearest competitor in the New England Region. James had seen the team once before when he visited Dartmouth and he was quite impressed with them, as they scored 17 runs in that game. Looking over the statistics he had, James noted that Yale led the association in runs scored (467), batting average (.318) and on-base percentage (.349).

Manager Noah Breault introduced himself and spoke to James about today's game. "We're playing Brown this afternoon, Mr. Herring," Breault said. "We've won six of eight against them this year, including the last two games, so I think it'll be a win for us tonight." Breault went on to tell James about his best player, catcher Jake Hurd. "This kid is a senior, so this will be his only year, but he's one of the team's leaders. He's hitting .358 this season. Best hitter on the team."

Name:  1871 Yale.png
Views: 718
Size:  146.0 KB

As game time approached, James saw 1856 people file into the ballpark, another near capacity crowd. The weather was nice, 57 degrees, and the wind was blowing out gently to left. Brown had struggled this season, posting a record of 17-27, but they came out playing well. After 2 1/2 innings, the Bears held the lead, 1-0. But then Yale put on a hitting and scoring clinic, erupting for 13 runs in the bottom of the 3rd inning. Brown managed to score some runs in the contest, but so did Yale, as they rolled to a 21-9 victory.

Name:  05211871_Brown_vs_Yale.png
Views: 707
Size:  74.5 KB

The following day, James boarded a train for the final stop on this three city road trip, as he headed north to see Syracuse play Columbia in a double header. James had never been to two games in a single day and was looking forward to experiencing yet another first.

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #25
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Syracuse 5/26/1871

James pulled into the train station in Syracuse and met with Syracuse University President Jeremy Kehoe. Syracuse was a fairly good sized city, with the population at 43,051. The main industry for the region were salt mines, which were primary south of town. As the two men traveled to the campus, Kehoe told James about the history of the university.

"We initially tried to get Ezra Cornell to build a university here in Syracuse back in 1865, but he'd have nothing to do with it," Kehoe said. "So he built Cornell over in Ithaca. Come to find out, he did work in Syracuse years ago as a carpenter and was robbed of his wages....twice!!" Kehoe exclaimed.

"You're kidding me," James replied.

"No. And I can't say I blame the man for resenting this city. I'd probably have felt the same way if it had happened to me," Kehoe proclaimed. "So, Mr. Herring, we just built Syracuse University last year, in 1870. This is our first year and we're proud to be a part of this association, especially as a new school."

The two men arrived at Orange Ballpark, which held 1700 people. The field was fairly large, with center being 434 feet from home plate and 413 and 411 feet deep in the left and right power alleys. Down the lines, the field was closer to average, measuring 336 feet to left and 328 feet to right. James met with Athletic Director Corey Williams. Williams told James that the team was averaging just over 1100 people per game, but near capacity crowds were coming in as of late. The team was currently 25-21 and 1 1/2 games back of Princeton in the Northeast Region. Syracuse was also 1 1/2 games out of the wild card.

"We're playing Columbia University today, Mr. Herring. Got a double header, since we have to make up a game from earlier in the year." Williams stated. "We're 3-1 against your home town team." Williams joked, hoping to provoke a reaction from James.

"They've definitely had a tough season." James replied, smiling. Columbia was currently 17-29 and in last place in the region.

James also met with Manager John Flick, who told James about his young third baseman, John Baker. "John is hitting .353 this season. He's a solid young player and I think we'll see some great things from him over the next couple of years."

Name:  1871 Syracuse.png
Views: 695
Size:  138.2 KB

The first game of the day was in the early afternoon. The weather was beautiful, with the temperature at 66 degrees. The wind was blowing pretty well out to right, though. James wondered if it would have an impact on the game. 1663 people came to see the game, much to James' delight. He was happy to see the attendance at the games continue to be at near capacity. It would keep the university and college presidents off of his case, at least for the time being. Syracuse started the game out with a bang. The first batter, senior shortstop Mike "Big Kahuna" Cunning, hit the ball over the fence in left to lead off the game. By the end of the 1st inning, Syracuse led 4-0 and never looked back. The Orange ended up winning the game by a final of 13-3.

Name:  05261871_Columbia_vs_Syracuse_Gm1.png
Views: 975
Size:  101.7 KB

By the time the second game of the double header started, the temperatures had begun to drop. When the game started, it was 48 degrees and the wind had died down a bit, now blowing gently from left to right. 1669 people were on had to watch the game. Some had stayed from the first game, while others were new in the crowd. Columbia came out swinging to start the game and led 4-0 after the top of the 1st. The Lions still held the lead, 5-4, after three innings. But Syracuse plated five runs in the bottom of the 4th inning to take a 9-5 lead they would not relinquish, eventually winning the game 10-7.

Name:  05261871_Columbia_vs_Syracuse_Gm2.png
Views: 1051
Size:  101.9 KB

James left the following day, eager to return home to his wife and kids. His next, and last, trip through the association wasn't for another week and a half. James had learned that Princeton had lost their game, meaning Syracuse was now tied with them for the lead in the Northeast Region. With 48 of 60 games played, the finish to the regular season was shaping up to be an exciting one.

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #26
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Collegiate Baseball Times 6/1/1871

Name:  CBT 06011871.png
Views: 701
Size:  243.6 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 AM   #27
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Villanova 6/6/1871

For the final stop on his Collegiate Baseball Association tour, James traveled to Villanova, Pennsylvania. Basically a suburb of Philadelphia, Villanova University was basically the town. When the train pulled into the station, James met with President Cody Lott. The two men walked over to the Ballpark of Villanova, which held 1500 people. James noted the size of the field was very comparable to the one he had just seen in Syracuse. The left and right field lines were 333 and 329 feet, while the power alleys at 418 and 415 feet in left and right. Center field was 433 feet away from the plate.

Athletic Director Jay Beckett introduced himself and the three men talked business....attendance, ticket sales, etc. James learned the Villanova team was currently the best in the association at 39-16, one game ahead of their opponent, Yale. The men expected a capacity crowd for what the newspapers were calling a "Preview of the Collegiate Championship."

Manager Jon Popa was less than thrilled with all of the hype. The two teams had not faced each other this season and this two game series was the only time they would play in the regular season. With both teams already clinching playoff spots, Popa felt the press was distracting his team. "Yale is a good team, Mr. Herring. They're going to be quite a test for our team." Popa was more than happy to talk about his best player, pitcher Micah Hansen, who had just earned Pitcher of the Month for May. "He's a good pitcher and he had some big shoes to fill when Ryan went down with his injury." Popa was referring to the team's opening day starting pitcher, Ryan Kovar, who went 10-0 before getting injured and missing the rest of the season. "He's done a fine job and he's put me in a hell of a position next year trying to pick my starting pitcher."

Name:  1871 Villanova.png
Views: 680
Size:  124.5 KB

The temperature was a beautiful 67 degrees come game time, with clear skies and a breeze blowing from left to right across the field. 1461 people were in attendance to see the much hyped game. The game ended up being the most exciting one James had seen yet. A true see-saw affair, the teams exchanged leads multiple times. Yale scored a run in the top of the 1st, but Villanova plated three to lead. Yale responded in the top of the 2nd with four more runs and held a 5-3 lead going into the bottom of the 4th. The Wildcats of Villanova would score three runs in the 4th, briefly taking a 6-5 lead. But Yale scored four more runs in the next inning, in the top of the 5th, building a 9-6 advantage. Villanova could cut into the Bulldogs lead, however, by scoring two runs in the 6th to make it 9-8. Another run in the bottom of the 7th tied the game 9-9. Villanova took the lead again, 10-9, when they scored a run in the 8th. But Yale would rally, scoring two runs in the top of the 9th and winning by a score of 11-10.

Name:  06061871_Yale_vs_Villanova.png
Views: 691
Size:  81.1 KB

When he left, James thought about how exciting the upcoming playoffs would be for the association if the games were like the one tonight. The publicity alone would do his young league wonders. Success now meant influencing the younger generation to play collegiate ball and ensuring the association would be around for years to come.

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #28
abell1198
All Star Reserve

End of Regular Season 1871

Name:  CBA 1871 End of season letter.png
Views: 673
Size:  204.3 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #29
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Game 61

While James was not able to attend the 61st game of the season, he was told it was quite a good game. Penn had scored early in the contest and held a 4-2 lead going into the 7th inning. But Syracuse put together a rally, scoring three runs to mount a 5-4 advantage. The Orange put two more runs on the board in the 9th and advance to the Playoff Series with a 7-4 win.

Name:  06131871_Game_61_Syracuse_vs_Penn.png
Views: 692
Size:  101.5 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Playoff Series, Game 1

James was happy to see the Playoff Series get underway. While he was unable to attend the games, he planned on being at the Championship Series to present the trophy to the eventual champion.

Most of the sportswriters were still talking about the eventual championship match-up between Yale and Villanova, feeling the Playoff Series was a warm-up for both teams. At the conclusion of the day, however, the sportswriters were in shock, as both underdogs had won the first game of the series.

Syracuse and Yale played a good game, with Syracuse coming out on top by a score of 6-3. But the big buzz was about Princeton defeating Villanova. It wasn't the fact that Princeton won, it was about how soundly they defeated the heavily favored Wildcats by the score of 15-2.

Name:  06151871 Syracuse vs Yale Gm 1.png
Views: 699
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  06151871 Princeton vs Villanova Gm 1.png
Views: 658
Size:  71.4 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #31
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Playoff Series, Game 2

For both Villanova and Yale, it was time to put up or shut up. Win or go home.

Villanova had an ax to grind with Princeton, after their embarrassing Game 1 loss. And when the game started, they looked like the Wildcats team the association was used to seeing. Villanova put three runs on the board in the top of the 1st to take an early 3-0 lead, but Princeton came back with two of their own in the bottom of the 2nd inning. The Wildcats, however, put up six more runs in the top of the 4th for a comfortable 9-2 lead. Or at least they thought they had a comfortable lead. The Tigers of Princeton scored two runs in the bottom of the 4th to make it 9-4, then scored four more in the bottom of the 5th, closing the gap to one run and down 9-8. But the Princeton bats kept connecting in the 6th inning, as they plated four more runs to take the lead. Villanova couldn't score for the rest of the game and Princeton wins the game 12-9, taking the series two games to none.

Name:  06171871 Villanova vs Princeton Gm 2.png
Views: 708
Size:  78.5 KB

Yale also had revenge on it's mind. By the end of the 2nd inning, the Bulldogs held a 2-0 advantage. But Syracuse was able to put three runs on the board in the 3rd to take a 3-2 lead. The Orange kept that lead until the top of the 5th, when Yale scored one run to tie. But the Bulldogs weren't through. They scored two more runs in the 7th and added an insurance run in the 9th, winning the game 6-3 and forcing a Game 3.

Name:  06171871 Yale vs Syracuse Gm 2.png
Views: 713
Size:  101.9 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #32
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Playoff Series, Game 3

Yale was riding high after winning Game 2 on the road and planned on taking Syracuse down on their home field. The Orange, however, had other plans. After five innings, Syracuse led Yale 4-0. The Bulldogs would finally score one in the 6th, followed by three in the 7th to tie the game. Two more runs in the bottom of the 8th and the Yale Bulldogs had all the momentum, leading 6-4. But in the top of the 9th, the wheels fell off the momentum wagon. Yale pitching allowed five hits and the Bulldog fielders committed five errors!!! Syracuse plates seven in the 9th, shuts down Yale in the bottom half of the inning and wins the game 11-6!! With that, Syracuse wins the series two games to one and travels next to Princeton, New Jersey to play in the Collegiate Baseball Association Championship Series.

Name:  06191871 Syracuse vs Yale Gm 3.png
Views: 701
Size:  107.5 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 CBA Championship Series, Game 1

James traveled to Princeton to see the first Collegiate Baseball Association Championship Series game. Before going to the game, James looked over all of the statistics given to him for the season. Syracuse and Princeton had played eight games against each other, with Syracuse winning five of those eight.

Name:  1871 Championship Preview Syracuse vs Princeton.png
Views: 721
Size:  161.7 KB

James was one of 1486 people at Princeton Park. The weather was beautiful, partly cloudy and 62 degrees and the wind was gently blowing out to center. Syracuse came out confident and swung their bats well. The Orange scored two runs in the 1st inning, but Princeton answered with one of their own. Syracuse, however, was able to score twice more in the 2nd for a 4-1 lead. The Tigers plated a second run in the 4th to cut the lead to 4-2. But the Orange kept finding ways to score, as they plated two more in the 6th and three in the 8th inning en route to a 9-4 Game 1 victory. Syracuse's defense was outstanding, committing only one error in the contest. As he left the ballpark, James wasn't sure what to think of the win. Although Syracuse had performed well against Princeton this year, they didn't win their region and were the fourth best team in the association. And now they were on the verge of winning the championship. Personally, he didn't care, but he wondered how the presidents of the universities and colleges would respond to that, if it happened.

Name:  06211871 Syracuse vs Princeton Gm 1.png
Views: 706
Size:  101.1 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #34
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 CBA Championship Series, Game 2

After a day of travel, James found himself at Orange Ballpark for Game 2 of the series. James was getting a lot of attention, as he had brought with him the Championship Trophy to present after the game, if Syracuse won. James was one of 1694 people packed into the stadium for what could be the last game of the collegiate season. The weather was perfect. Clear skies and 68 degrees at game time. A light breeze was blowing out to right.

James settled into his seat and watched as neither team scored in the 1st inning. Princeton scored four runs in the top of the 2nd inning, though, and they held a 4-1 lead after three innings. But Syracuse started chipping away at the lead, scoring a run in the 4th and the 5th innings to make it 4-3. The score was the same as the two teams started the 7th inning. The Tigers' bats came alive and they scored four runs in the inning to lead 8-3. Not to be outdone, the Orange scored four of their own and again, it was a one run game, 8-7. However, Princeton's bats kept swinging and the runs kept coming. They outscored Syracuse 4-1 in the 8th inning and added two more in the 9th for good measure. When it was over, Princeton had won the game 14-8 and evened the series at a game a piece. Although James wasn't rooting for any particular team, he was glad the series was going to play a third game. Only problem was, he had to haul that championship trophy back to the train for the ride to Princeton.

Name:  06231871 Princeton vs Syracuse Gm 2.png
Views: 687
Size:  107.6 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #35
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 CBA Championship Series, Game 3

"Well, it has all come down to this," James thought to himself. He had brought the entire family with him. His eldest son, Ephraim, was excited to see the collegiate game firsthand. He was still two years away, but he planned on playing college ball after high school. In the meantime, however, James was allowing him to work with him over the summer at his office and show him how the business of the association worked behind the scenes.

"You have to have a plan for after college," James would tell Ephraim. "You're not going to be able to play baseball your whole life."

But for now, all was good, except for the threat of rain. It was 69 degrees at game time and it looked like it was going to rain. The wind was blowing gently out to left. 1497 people were on hand for the season finale. Syracuse started the game by going three up, three down. Princeton capitalized on two hits and a wild pitch to score a run in the bottom of the 1st. The Orange got a hit in the 2nd inning and was able to score a run to tie the game, thanks to a stolen base and a couple of ground outs. With the game still tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 3rd, the Tigers scored three runs on four hits to take a 4-1 lead in the game. The score stayed the same through the end of the 5th, but Syracuse starting hitting the ball well in the top of the 6th. The scored three runs to tie the game 4-4, compliments of four hits and an error. But in the bottom of the 7th inning, Princeton's Chuck Beam leads the inning off with a base hit. He moves to second on a fielder's choice, goes to third on a wild pitch. Beam would score on a fielding error by Orange second baseman, Tyler Sigler. Down 5-4 going into the 8th, Syracuse would lead off the inning with a double by catcher Scott Mitchell. Mitchell would later score on pinch hitter Nate Yarbrough's base hit. The game was still tied at the end of the 9th, so on to extra innings we go. Syracuse manages a base hit in the 10th, but can't push a run across the plate. With one out in the bottom of the 10th, Elliot Holmes draws a walk. Holmes steals second with pitcher Jon Richmond at the plate. Now Richmond isn't exactly a threat at the plate, hitting .170 for the season, but he works a full count. Richmond connects with the pitch and sends it between short and third. Syracuse third baseman John Baker fields it, but throws wildly past the first baseman, Chuck Davenport. The ball sails out of the field of play and Holmes crosses the plate, scoring the winning run for the Tigers!!! The Princeton Tigers win the game, 6-5, in 10 innings!!

Name:  06251871 Syracuse vs Princeton Gm 3.png
Views: 706
Size:  102.3 KB

After the game, James went onto the field and presented the Princeton Tigers with the Collegiate Baseball Association's first Championship Trophy.

Name:  1871 Championship Trophy.png
Views: 743
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  1871 Championship Team Photo with frame.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  112.9 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:23 PM   #36
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Offseason

Name:  CBA 1871 Off Season letter.png
Views: 727
Size:  214.2 KB

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #37
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Award Winners

James was going to be busy in the off season. He had schedules to create, meetings to attend, numbers to crunch. But first, he decided he needed to reward the people who had made the first year so successful. His first project was to put together an All-Collegiate Team for the players who were the best at their position. He also requested input from the association member schools for their thoughts on who the best manager, pitcher and player were for the 1871 season.

Name:  1871 All-Collegiate Team.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  282.2 KB
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015

Last edited by abell1198; 09-28-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #38
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1871 Offseason

Attached Images

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #39
abell1198
All Star Reserve

With the beginning of the 1872 season, James decided he was going to spend more time at the office and home, with less time on the road. Some sportswriters had tried their hand at predicting the outcome of the season. The overall view of most of the reporters who were following collegiate baseball was that Yale would again win the New England Region. The Northeast Region favorite to repeat was defending champion Princeton. Many people felt Syracuse would again be the wild card entry of the playoffs. The big change appeared to be in the Atlantic Region, where Lafayette College was picked to unseat Villanova University.

James looked over the team reports that had come in to him from the association teams. The season started on March 19th and ten games had been played by the end of the month. Yale was in first place, as predicted, but only held a one game lead over their region with a 6-4 record. With Jake Hurd lost to graduation, the team was looking to second baseman Cole Park as their leader. Princeton had surged to an 8-2 record and built a three game lead over Fordham and Syracuse. Pitcher Jon Richmond is 4-0, but has only started five games for the Tigers, suffering from a stiff back which kept him sidelined for a week. Villanova is also 8-2, leading Lafayette by one game. Ryan Kovar is back from last year's injury for the Wildcats and won back his starting job. Kovar has a record of 7-1. Second baseman John Kegley is out for two weeks with a strained hamstring. As for Lafayette, starting pitcher Tom Drummond is 7-0 in ten starts. But the bigger surprise is the performance of lead off hitter and right fielder Tim Jensen, who is hitting .469!!
Attached Images

Current Dynasty:

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
Old 11-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #40
abell1198
All Star Reserve

The Daily Pennsylvanian 05/01/1872

Attached Images