Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #41
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Will there be a 2017 facepack file for photos of players who made their season debut in 2016 ?
I'm working on the update right now. Hopefully I'll be able to release a Facepack update with all 2016 player/manager/coach/umpire debuts, along with 2017 manager and coach debuts before Opening Day. I'll also be creating and updating (as best I can) a 2017 debuts thread, similar to the threads I have maintained for the past several seasons.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:03 AM   #42
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have completed and uploaded the 2017 pre-season release of the Facepack. This version includes 445 new photos:

347 new player photos, including 257 2016 player debuts
8 new manager photos, including 3 2016 manager debuts
61 new coach photos, including 29 2016 coach debuts and 22 2017 coach debuts
29 new umpire photos, including 3 2016 umpire debuts

Since the last Facepack release in March 2016, 55 formerly-missing players and 26 formerly-missing umpires have been found. I have also corrected one player ID error, one manager ID error and one umpire ID error. I renamed nine player photos to remain consistent with SABR and Baseball-Reference.com.

You can see additional details about this release, along with download links, on my Facepack page.
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion

Last edited by tnfoto; 03-31-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #43
Wheat
Bat Boy

Query

Is the TNFOTO Facepack ever going to be updated or is this the end?

I am not complaining, just wondering as there has been no update for over a year.

Perhaps I missed the announcement.

Thanks for all you did if in fact it is finished.
Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:10 AM   #44
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Facepack

Last year Tnfoto explained that he would be relatively absent from this site due to job obligations. I believe he still checks in now and then but I suspect that he will no longer be updating the Facepack. It may be time for someone else to step up and take over.
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #45
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Facepack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaodyssey View Post
Last year Tnfoto explained that he would be relatively absent from this site due to job obligations. I believe he still checks in now and then but I suspect that he will no longer be updating the Facepack. It may be time for someone else to step up and take over.
I think there is a good deal of merit in not just 1 person stepping forward but the responsibility being shared and collaborated between 2 or more motivated, interested parties.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #46
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Facepack

Agreed, there have been a lot of significant player finds in the last year that need to be added. Last year I went through a lot of the Facepack and sent Scott numerous upgrades.

My personal preference is that the player is featured on the team he played the most games with, if possible. I also favor original, non-colorized images as they are more true historically. Lastly, I typically do not use "cap swaps" for the Facepack images.

This may be an endeavor that could unite the interests of this site. It has been fractured with individual projects for the last few years.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #47
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

facepack

I agree with Cinemaodyssey on the facepack for the most part. I might suggest a possible integration of a Pegasus type collection where when possible multiple images are kept with a depiction on each team for which the subject took the field. Maybe as the same collection, maybe as a sister set.

But definitely maintain the standard of an unaltered facepack where possible (I believe some baseball card images are part of the collection that are altered by their issuer i.e. Topps)

Last edited by krantzbucks; 07-02-2018 at 08:09 PM.
krantzbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #48
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Facepack

Quote:
Agreed, there have been a lot of significant player finds in the last year that need to be added. Last year I went through a lot of the Facepack and sent Scott numerous upgrades.

My personal preference is that the player is featured on the team he played the most games with, if possible. I also favor original, non-colorized images as they are more true historically. Lastly, I typically do not use "cap swaps" for the Facepack images.

This may be an endeavor that could unite the interests of this site. It has been fractured with individual projects for the last few years.
I agree with Krantzbucks viewpoint that it would be beneficial to consider integrating the Pegasus and Main facepack. It has been some time since the facepack was upgraded but even longer since I have seen an update to the Pegasus facepack. I would add 'Major League' team to the phrase 'team that took the field'. However for 19th Century images the best image or indeed only image may be for a Minor League team.

I very much agree that if you show just one image it should be in the team that the player represented most often in the Major Leagues.

My viewpoint is as follows on color. Basically an image is a combination of 2 elements, it shows a player and it shows the team being represented. A black and white version of a team's uniform is not in my opinion a true historical representation. The teams colors is a vital intergral part of the uniform and when shown to me it brings the image alive and more representative. There are a host of highly skilled colorizers who with this objective in mind have produced magnificent enhancements to black and white images. I know Pegasus has updated his viewpoint on this topic and now considers realistic color images. It has always been my view that a black and white image is an image altered by technological restrictions. Again compromises may be available in terms of including black and white and color images or 2 alternate facepacks. I marvel at the quality of work produced by Matt Fulling, Ortforshort, Bill, Sal, Ctrane, Don Stokes , Ars Longa, etc. and there are other facebook sites that are devoted to the colorizing of historical images.

I do believe that a guideline should be in all other respects that the image should be an actual image.

We are here talking about guidelines not hard and fast rules or laws and there will always be the case where the guideline for very good reasons should be overlooked.

Another approach that I think should be considered is that undertaken by Ceej to produce yearly facepacks.

As one who has been a contributor for over a decade I would very much like to see a return to the basic philosophy of the original thread. Every contributor's post was a suggestion as an addition or upgrade to the image in either the main or Pegasus facepack. The approach was everybody working towards the same goal rather than as said fracturing by personal projects. There is a place for requests and personal projects but that should I believe always be subservient to the main objective.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 07-03-2018 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #49
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Did I miss the part where somebody volunteered to put in the work?
Old 07-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #50
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

How to Replace the Irreplaceable

I am more than willing to spearhead this endeavor as best as I can. It will be nice to have this board working together again!
Old 07-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #51
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Cool

What actions do you need help with?

I can offer an automated picture list. I based it on the tnfoto database. It reads the directory name/file name and loads that as a description (along with the picture). it can also split pix into color, B&W, Pegasissisness or whatever is needed. It basically lets you know what you are missing.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-09-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #52
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Facepack

Quote:
I am more than willing to spearhead this endeavor as best as I can. It will be nice to have this board working together again!
I will support you as best as I can. Please let me know where I can assist. I don't wish to be awkward but will TNFOTO be willing to hand over the baton or will there be conflict?

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 07-09-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #53
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

All we are doing is simply updating what he has currently in place. In the course of a year, there have been numerous significant historical finds as well as the new player debuts. I don't think it will infringe on Scott's work in the fact that he has enlisted our help on this project many times over the years.

I would be greatly interested in that database, Spritze! Please send it my way.

Up until now, my primary focus has been 19th and early 20th century baseball, so I am not at all caught up on new player debuts in the last year or so. That would be an area that I could use help on. I also haven't paid much attention to the Pegasus UIN list. That is an area of weakness for me as well.

I would really like to have an all colorized version of the original Facepack at some point too. Ctrane and Krantzbucks have already given many fine options to add.

Last edited by cinemaodyssey; 07-09-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #54
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I would be greatly interested in that database, Spritze! Please send it my way.
Be most pleased to PM me your e-mail address.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #55
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Help with photos in OOTP19

First let me introduce myself to the community before I ask for help!
I am Skip, a 70 retired guy that has played table top and computer baseball since 1960. I have been playing OOTP19 for just several months, and really enjoy the game approach, etc.

Currently I have a problem getting pictures to appear in the game. They did appear one game then vanished.

Would someone give me a step by step walk through of how to load the pictures and what I should check or not check in the settings. I currently have them in photos folder under data of OOTP19. They are 90 X 135 .jpg files. (got them off PC Ballparks backgrounds)

So, what do I do next? step by step, I am not an expert with computers.
Thanks in advance.
RETRO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #56
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Un-sticking thread