Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Your problem:

You have WAAAYYYY too many things checked and you are trying to include images too in the same upload.

Watch this video:

‪OOTP Setup with AllSimBaseball Hosting Part 1‬‏ - YouTube
‪OOTP Setup with AllSimBaseball Hosting Part 2‬‏ - YouTube

It was made for allsimbaseball customers but since you have the FTP settings correct already, it should help you the rest of the way. PLEASE read the captions in the video carefully. Pause the video to read them if you have to because I describe some of what causes problems like this.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #22
BlyGilmore
Bat Boy

hello -

i'm having some problems similar to almo. the output I get from that script looks the same.

and I have the following problems ...

- it's adding a /html/ to the URL for some reason.

Tradition Baseball League Home

- The image path was originally all screwed up. It put the images in /game/lgreports/

- It only did the league news - didn't do players, teams or any of those updates.
BlyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
almo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
Your problem:

You have WAAAYYYY too many things checked and you are trying to include images too in the same upload.

Watch this video:

‪OOTP Setup with AllSimBaseball Hosting Part 1‬‏ - YouTube
‪OOTP Setup with AllSimBaseball Hosting Part 2‬‏ - YouTube

It was made for allsimbaseball customers but since you have the FTP settings correct already, it should help you the rest of the way. PLEASE read the captions in the video carefully. Pause the video to read them if you have to because I describe some of what causes problems like this.
Thanks...I will take a look at these vids. One question. Would it be beneficial to remove the files in the lgreports folder ( and the 3 files created with in the process) that I created when I tried the 1st and 2nd time.....a fresh start so to speak? OR does it not really matter?
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
almo
Major Leagues

I figured it out. I am on a mac. Because Macs have "." in the leader spots on some system files, it does not allow for a file name to have the opening character of a file. I did not realize that the file "htacess" needed a "." to be its leading character. After doing it the fourth time...i notice that there was a pop up that said it in plain english that must have escaped me the 1st 3 times. It was driving me crazy because I am pretty savvy when it comes to learning stuff (especially when it deals with computers or websites). So chalk it up to user error!

I will say Fidel's vids are so good, that I feel like i could do this in my sleep now. You are a great teacher. Thanks fidel!

Chris
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #25
MogulChamp
All Star Reserve

Can any of you beta testers let us know if anything is changing for setting up OOTP 13?
MogulChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #26
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogulChamp View Post
Can any of you beta testers let us know if anything is changing for setting up OOTP 13?
Beta testers can't let u know they sign a NDA
But you can ask Markus

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #27
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogulChamp View Post
If anything drastic changes, I'll make another video.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #28
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTP support ticket
Hi, I've been trying every way possible to get my FTP set up for my league, but it won't connect. Everyone else in my online league did it the same way and it can work for them, but I'm struggling. I've disabled firewalls, etc... but it won't work. My only clue what it could be involves that when I click "open league website" it goes to http://www.yourdomain.com/your-league/reports/ which makes me believe I don't have something coded properly to replace those values. I just can't figure out where.
Hi Jeremy.

I am assuming that you are NOT the commissioner of this league. Am I correct?

How exactly are you trying to connect to FTP? Are you attempting to export your team?

Are you attempting to download the latest league file?

And what error message do you get, exactly?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #29
Errol1967
Bat Boy

I made a free website who is suporting ftp and mysql, when I done with all settings in online league option and created reports and archive reports, I want to upload those archive reports to mysql database, when it's done it open a browser, but instead of unpacking those archives, I get this instead "The PHP exec command is disabled on your server! Please enable it and try again", I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I created all settings in mysql with user and all with password and all settings are correct, also testing was fine, so what is the problem????

I made a free website at Free website and hosting - get free website and free hosting

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Errol1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #30
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967 View Post
I made a free website who is suporting ftp and mysql, when I done with all settings in online league option and created reports and archive reports, I want to upload those archive reports to mysql database, when it's done it open a browser, but instead of unpacking those archives, I get this instead "The PHP exec command is disabled on your server! Please enable it and try again", I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I created all settings in mysql with user and all with password and all settings are correct, also testing was fine, so what is the problem????

I made a free website at Free website and hosting - get free website and free hosting

Can anyone help me with this issue?
The PHP "exec" command really means "Execute an external program". You need to contact your webhost and ask them to enable it. Then it should work fine.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
Errol1967
Bat Boy

Do you mean the site where my league must be uploaded or my internet provider? If it is the last one, has this to do about my router settings?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967 View Post
Do you mean the site where my league must be uploaded or my internet provider? If it is the last one, has this to do about my router settings?
This is something that is NOT under your control. Only your host can clear this up.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
Errol1967
Bat Boy

I show you a bit what I did, I created a site on https://x10hosting.com/ and made there a site called http://ootpbaseball.elementfx.com this site also has a cPanel, there I did exactly what you did on video's, after all I done that, I get this page after i clicked archive to upload to the server

These are the settings:

When I go to filezilla I see this, looks like there is something missing here like a ftpquota and an exporttracker.html

So I don;t know what to do now yet you see, this is driving me nutts haha, tried so many free sites, but all have the same problem, this site was the only free site available what I could find with a cPanel. Don't know if you can do something with my post or tell me what I did wrong here, because I don't know it anymore, want to start a league!

Cheersssss
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #34
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

If you PM me your cPanel login username and password, I'd be happy to take a look for you.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #35
Recte44
Global Moderator

Is there anything different from 12 to 13 in Online League Setup?

I used all the same settings at 12, and it's telling me it can't locate directories.

Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Is there anything different from 12 to 13 in Online League Setup?

I used all the same settings at 12, and it's telling me it can't locate directories.

Any ideas?
Nothing is different at the moment. Try the same exact FTP username and password in FileZilla(or whatever FTP client you use) and note if the directories show up on connect. If they don't, then OOTP is telling you the correct thing.

If you'd like, I can take a look at your file for you. Send me the following via PM...

1. a link to download your file(I will need your "settings" folder as well)
2. commish password
3. your FTP account username and password