Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
DWK
All Star Reserve

Still can't get the season ending awards button to show up I re-download the
statLab 11 and i have it check on the admin page

What version is the new StatLab? maybe I'm not on the right version
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
If you're the commissioner of an online league, you simply must put this amazing tool into play. StatsLab was already the preeminent utility suite for online OOTP leagues. With this new release, fhomess has (literally) turned it up to "11". It's never been easier to conduct a draft through StatsLab; every little touch (like user-customizable auto-refreshing of the Draft Results page) makes running things a breeze. Owners now have a plethora of new information at their fingertips. Old menus like the Projected Free Agents page have had new life breathed into them with little touches like the addition of current-year stats, making it easier to determine whom you'd like to target in the upcoming offseason. There's even fun little additions like tons of new Stats of the Day; you'll lose all kinds of time discovering all kinds of little factoids you never knew about your league.

Running an online league without StatsLab is something I could never dream of at this point. Simply put, it's an invaluable tool. Grab it, enjoy it, reap the praise from your owners. Your league will be a better place for it.
What he said! Online or offline, StatsLab is a MUST HAVE mod for OOTP leagues. I think Frank might be sick of the thank you emails and PMs I've sent him at this point.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK View Post
Still can't get the season ending awards button to show up I re-download the statLab 11 and i have it check on the admin page
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
I think Frank might be sick of the thank you emails and PMs I've sent him at this point.
Not at all, these are much more enjoyable than all the bug reports I get.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 AM   #24
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

I'm working on setting this up for my league and have run into some troubles. When I click on the "Save" button on the admin page, it will save the Server Settings, Export Tracker Settings, and OOTP Settings, but will not save the selected Enabled Pages. I'm not able to access anything but the admin and SQL pages at this point (I can't even log out and access the login page unless it's the first thing I point my browser to).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #25
Recte44
Global Moderator

Setup the new program with my old SQL directory and everything worked fine except......all the development history is not showing up.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #26
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Silly question of the day:

Does it matter when I install StatsLab 11? I just transferred servers, so my old StatsLab is needing to be tweaked for the correct locations now, but I figure I can just install 11.

FYI: I'm on June 1st in my online league.

Thanks for your input!

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #27
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post
Silly question of the day:

Does it matter when I install StatsLab 11? I just transferred servers, so my old StatsLab is needing to be tweaked for the correct locations now, but I figure I can just install 11.

FYI: I'm on June 1st in my online league.

Thanks for your input!
LB, I installed StatsLab 11 for the USBA during the playoffs....while we were still on OOTP X, with no problems.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
sporr
Global Moderator

Does this happen to work with inaugural drafts?

Last edited by sporr; 08-17-2010 at 10:55 PM.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
I think Frank might be sick of the thank you emails and PMs I've sent him at this point.
Not at all, these are much more enjoyable than all the bug reports I get.
Yeah, who keeps nagging fhomess with bug reports? I say we string that guy up by his toes! What's that? It's me? Oh...
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #30
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

I'm still having quite a few issues getting this set up. Are there any gurus available that might be able to help a fellow commissioner out?

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #31
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
Yeah, who keeps nagging fhomess with bug reports? I say we string that guy up by his toes! What's that? It's me? Oh...
lol and me
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #32
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Is there anyway to run this on a local machine -solo league?

Do you really have to upload 250 megs of HTML data everytime you run a sim or am I missing something?

I'm trying to set this up for a solo league and I'm uploading it the same way I would if I was running a multiplayer league. I'm sure it would be a much quicker process to be able to run it on my own local machine if its possible. Does anyone know?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #33
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Setup the new program with my old SQL directory and everything worked fine except......all the development history is not showing up.
Can you PM me a link to your new install and commish access? I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Does this happen to work with inaugural drafts?
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is that the draft module doesn't work very well when you get beyond about 500-600 players in the draft pool. So if you've got a very large inaugural draft pool, then it may not work for you. I do know that some leagues have successfully run inaugural drafts with StatsLab, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Do you really have to upload 250 megs of HTML data everytime you run a sim or am I missing something?

I'm trying to set this up for a solo league and I'm uploading it the same way I would if I was running a multiplayer league. I'm sure it would be a much quicker process to be able to run it on my own local machine if its possible. Does anyone know?
You can actually install MySQL and PHP hosts on your local machine and run it that way if you are up for the effort.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #34
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for your answer. i decided to just run it online but i keep getting stuck. I keep getting the rro message
ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

I can't find a table called ootp_sql_admin.

What am i doing wrong?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #35
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for your answer. i decided to just run it online but i keep getting stuck. I keep getting the rro message
ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

I can't find a table called ootp_sql_admin.

What am i doing wrong?
Problem fixed.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #36
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Everything seems to be working now but one thing. After the initial import of the data, upon the second import my login and password is no longer treated as a commissioner. I don't have the ability to administrate or update the files. Any idea why this could occur and how to fix it?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #37
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Windows Server

Has anyone set up StatsLab on a Windows server? I'm wondering if that's what's causing my difficulties.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #38
Cowtippers
Bat Boy

I'm in the same boat with you GWUlery. I can't get any of the buttons I click to save either. Any help would be greatly appreciated on the matter.
Cowtippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #39
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Up and running with the upgrade and everything seems good to go. Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #40
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Everything seems to be working now but one thing. After the initial import of the data, upon the second import my login and password is no longer treated as a commissioner. I don't have the ability to administrate or update the files. Any idea why this could occur and how to fix it?
Before your first load, there is no login to log in against. Did you try logging in with the default password after the first SQL load and have that work for you? The only thing in the SQL load that affects your ability to login is the setting that says whether or not you are a commissioner. The passwords in StatsLab aren't affected by the SQL load at all. However, it is possible that passwords can no longer work if your host has changed the encryption algorithm in your SQL install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWUlery View Post
Has anyone set up StatsLab on a Windows server? I'm wondering if that's what's causing my difficulties.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a windows server on which I'd be able to test StatsLab and possibly troubleshoot any issues that'd be specific to that platform. I know I didn't code anything specifically to accomodate windows, so it could very well be the source of your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtippers View Post
I'm in the same boat with you GWUlery. I can't get any of the buttons I click to save either. Any help would be greatly appreciated on the matter.
Are you getting any error messages? A couple of things to verify would be that you're on version 2.0.2 and that the SQL user account has permission to create tables in the database.

In all cases where people need support on stuff like this, remember that the fastest way to get a response from me is to PM me on these boards with a link to your StatsLab install and (if you're that far already) a working commish login to it. It's really hard to know with any specificity what the problem is unless I can see your install first hand. I have been able to diagnose the problem just by looking at the install on several occasions. I'm generally willing to even log on to your web based admin tools if necessary to help you get it up and running, as long as you're willing to give me access to it. Usually, it's not needed for me to go that deep, but sometimes it has helped.