Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Minor League Roster Size Limits No Longer Enforced

I cant say with certainty when this happened, I just noticed it, but cannot verify it's from the newest fix.

I noticed it simply because I failed to adjust one of my minor league roster's to the limited amount (just one more than allowed). I advanced one day and noticed the issue.

No, there are no players rehabbing on the roster in question.

Yes, in the past the game would not allow advancement if I were over limit somewhere.

Not seeing it with AI teams as they are all at the limit, or one below.

League imported from '19, can say with certainty the limit has been enforced since '20.

Thoughts? Ideas?
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
I cant say with certainty when this happened, I just noticed it, but cannot verify it's from the newest fix.

I noticed it simply because I failed to adjust one of my minor league roster's to the limited amount (just one more than allowed). I advanced one day and noticed the issue.

No, there are no players rehabbing on the roster in question.

Yes, in the past the game would not allow advancement if I were over limit somewhere.

Not seeing it with AI teams as they are all at the limit, or one below.

League imported from '19, can say with certainty the limit has been enforced since '20.

Thoughts? Ideas?
I can confirm that this is also happening to me, and that I'm certain it's new with the last patch that fixed the OSA scouting.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Are you playing with "ghost" players enabled? If so, I believe we ignore minor league roster limits completely, even for teams above the limit.
If not, let me know more about the setup and there may be another reason that we ignore the limits.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Are you playing with "ghost" players enabled? If so, I believe we ignore minor league roster limits completely, even for teams above the limit.
If not, let me know more about the setup and there may be another reason that we ignore the limits.
I'm definitely not. I'll get back with setup info.

Last edited by t-bone shuffle; 02-15-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No ghost here. Standard MLB setup that was expanded by two teams at one point. No other significant changes. This worked perfectly as of about two months ago.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:16 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Would need to know the league setup to know what to look at further. But digging through the logic, if you are playing with ghost players enabled, then I believe we do tend to skip a lot of the minor leagues checks for valid rosters.

If you are not playing with ghost players enabled, then any game for the minor league teams should fail to run with an error saying that you are over the roster limits. I've checked and that functionality still does work for some test leagues I have.

Otherwise, please do feel free to upload your files (https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...p-developments) and we can investigate further what might be the cause.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to connect to the FTP on my Mac and my FTP program is telling me the server requires a username and password.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried a different program and it connected. Zip file is uploading now and is named "BIG17EASY world".

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 02-16-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #8
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Would need to know the league setup to know what to look at further. But digging through the logic, if you are playing with ghost players enabled, then I believe we do tend to skip a lot of the minor leagues checks for valid rosters.

If you are not playing with ghost players enabled, then any game for the minor league teams should fail to run with an error saying that you are over the roster limits. I've checked and that functionality still does work for some test leagues I have.

Otherwise, please do feel free to upload your files (https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...p-developments) and we can investigate further what might be the cause.
I finally had time to check my game to verify that the Ghost Player setting was indeed off.

Mine is a league that began with the '14 roster set/Version 15 which has expanded to 40 teams and is in it's 24th season. It's been imported thru each version since.

I have only 4 levels of minor leagues (AAA/25 man limit, AA/25 man limit, A/27 man limit and Short A/no limit). Plenty of free agents available (1089 to be exact) so there should be no need for the ghosts.

I'll upload as well. loaded as T Bone 2014 40 teams.

Last edited by t-bone shuffle; 02-16-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

You're right, it does appear that we're skipping some minor league roster checks. Can't say for sure when we started skipping that check, but it looks like it's been a while. Apologies
Old 02-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #10
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You're right, it does appear that we're skipping some minor league roster checks. Can't say for sure when we started skipping that check, but it looks like it's been a while. Apologies
Thanks Matt. Should we expect a fix or wait for '21 and a fix there? I'm good either way. Just glad to know it was a real thing and not some type of error on my part.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #11
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks Matt. Should we expect a fix or wait for '21 and a fix there? I'm good either way. Just glad to know it was a real thing and not some type of error on my part.
Same for me. It appears AI-controlled teams are still abiding by the rules. I think this would only be a possible issue in multi-player online leagues.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
There won't be a fix for this in 20, but we'll be sure to have it solved for 21.