Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #21
Edster007
All Star Starter

Last edited by Edster007; 02-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #22
Edster007
All Star Starter

Heading into the last day of the season the Knights, San Pedro and Everett are 1,2,3 in the NC East. The Knights are heading for a showdown with my Coney Island team in the divisional round. The teams split their six games this season. San Pedro is a long shot to capture a wildcard. They are 3 games out in 4th position in the race and only have one 3 game series against the teams they are chasing.

Jefferson Valley, my sole team in the AC have played .500 ball since June at the very least keep them clear of relegation. Going 16-25 in one run games combined with their with slow start in April has been their downfall.

I've started using up all my points as I think I am going to retire PT after week 50. I spent Coney's points on putting a few teams together to try tournaments out.

If I play PT in '21 it would have to be in conjunction with OOTPGO when it becomes available.

Last edited by Edster007; 02-08-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #23
daves
Hall Of Famer

This week’s theme for my 3 teams, Easy division – Competitive league!

P480: Doubledays have a 44 game lead in the NC Central and already clinched the division as we are the only divisional team with a winning record. The Shakers and Hunters are strong contenders in the NC. Maulers, Cardinals and thunder are expected to fight to represent the AC in the World Series. The Doubledays took a chance this season by obtaining TOTY DJ Lamahieu to train at 3b. He is currently hitting .380 in 53 games. Auburn Ty Cobb is leading the SB race 90-72. The path to another championship is very bumpy this week.

P454: The Woodpeckers are contenders for the NC Central title. Washington Justice and the Woodpeckers should go down to the wire. The winner with be the #3 seed in the playoffs, loser will most likely be the 2nd wild card. Baby Sharks, Down east quack quack and Zombie Hops are solid NC contenders. Battery Point and Fog Stars are favored to represent the AC.

P419: The Owlz have clinched the NC West. They are 1st in Average, OBA and runs in the league Just not first in overall record. Grove City Grannies are favored in the NC. LA Bruins and Guelph Cats are favored in the AC.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #24
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P481: It All Comes Down to...

...who will lose first, Huntley or Methuen?

No real commentary here; just marveling at the "you blink"; "no, you blink" back-and-forth that continues into the final month of the season. Here's hoping whoever ends up in the Wild Card wins it so we can settle a 162-game marathon with a 5-game sprint.

Edit: Just realized that the next series is Huntley at Methuen for 3, so I guess one of the streaks is about to be snapped...
Attached Images

Last edited by JasonC23; 02-08-2020 at 02:23 PM.
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #25
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs are playing 105-38 (+363) baseball this week so far. That's good for a 12-game lead in the NC's race for #1 seed. That's also good for a 21.5 game division lead over the pseudo-righty-cheesing Hawaii Volcanoes. I call it pseudo-righty-cheese because they've got 100 Walter Johnson in the rotation with no apparent limitations, but the 2/3/4 starters are all using 50-pitch limits with a bullpen filled with LHPs. The Volcanoes have given us some problems head-to-head, but we have the 7-day lineups set to bypass their cheese in the upcoming series.

Even though the Frogs are playing .734 ball (despite not playing their absolute best set of cards; instead seeing how many bases we can steal), the LA Rams (118-26, +563) have clearly been the class of P478. The Frogs shouldn't have too tough of a time getting to the PL Series, but it would probably go poorly against the Rams once there. So, I am hoping that one of the Snagglewolves, Miami Jaws, or NorCal Giants can knock the Rams off in the AC playoffs beforehand.

Standouts for the Frogs this week include Rube Waddell (21-3, 1.89 ERA). 100 Gossage is enjoying his first action (2.27 ERA, 31.2 IP). A couple of gold cards have held up pretty well: 82 B.J. Surhoff (.323/.368/.484) is backing up Buck Ewing, and 87 Tim Raines (.287/.359/.430, 16 HR, 80 SB) has been unleashed once again. 100 Ozzie Smith (.329/.401/.453, 6.7 WAR), 99 Eddie Collins (.307/.404/.388), 98 Sherry Magee (.331/.394/.496), 93 Jose Reyes (.324/.372/.421), and 93 Buck Ewing (.310/.344/.421) have been the backbone of the team. Newcomer 100 Pee Wee Reese is training up at 2B and also doing well (.311/.392/.470).

Things haven't gone quite as well for 65 Vince Coleman (.185/.214/.259) who I have wanted to use in some context since completing the mission for him months ago. Oh well

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #26
daves
Hall Of Famer

Well the Woodpeckers chances of 1st has increased as the Washington Justice team has decided to reserve their starters.

Embarrassingly the Woodpeckers are struggling to defeat Washington.

I am not sure the strategy here?
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:31 PM   #27
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The Warbirds have been on autopilot (which is marginally worse then how they are managed most other weeks) in P457.

Of note: Bronx Bombers and Maine Gems are battling it out in the AC EAST and are the cream of the crop. They are headed for a division Bof5.

The Warbirds lead the NC by 23 games.

Zack Wheat and Cy Young lead the team. Cy is headed for a triple crown with only the K's in doubt.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:13 AM   #28
Orion
Major Leagues

Well, another fine season, albeit one in which my hitting was off. My bench did hit well, but as far as starters go, it was easily our worst year in Perfect. I suspect it was partly the tough division (1 Whale and 2 other teams that will finish above .550), and partly just an off year. The Whale is running a supermax defensive team behind a monster pitching staff. His bullpen surely cost him more than my entire staff.. Despite residing in a very defense-friendly stadium, they also can hit pretty well... I am kinda surprised he only has 5 titles given his team must have cost around 5 million PP's... Have a look for yourself...
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 02-09-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:24 AM   #29
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Frogs are playing 105-38 (+363) baseball this week so far. That's good for a 12-game lead in the NC's race for #1 seed. That's also good for a 21.5 game division lead over the pseudo-righty-cheesing Hawaii Volcanoes. I call it pseudo-righty-cheese because they've got 100 Walter Johnson in the rotation with no apparent limitations, but the 2/3/4 starters are all using 50-pitch limits with a bullpen filled with LHPs. The Volcanoes have given us some problems head-to-head, but we have the 7-day lineups set to bypass their cheese in the upcoming series.

Even though the Frogs are playing .734 ball (despite not playing their absolute best set of cards; instead seeing how many bases we can steal), the LA Rams (118-26, +563) have clearly been the class of P478. The Frogs shouldn't have too tough of a time getting to the PL Series, but it would probably go poorly against the Rams once there. So, I am hoping that one of the Snagglewolves, Miami Jaws, or NorCal Giants can knock the Rams off in the AC playoffs beforehand.

Standouts for the Frogs this week include Rube Waddell (21-3, 1.89 ERA). 100 Gossage is enjoying his first action (2.27 ERA, 31.2 IP). A couple of gold cards have held up pretty well: 82 B.J. Surhoff (.323/.368/.484) is backing up Buck Ewing, and 87 Tim Raines (.287/.359/.430, 16 HR, 80 SB) has been unleashed once again. 100 Ozzie Smith (.329/.401/.453, 6.7 WAR), 99 Eddie Collins (.307/.404/.388), 98 Sherry Magee (.331/.394/.496), 93 Jose Reyes (.324/.372/.421), and 93 Buck Ewing (.310/.344/.421) have been the backbone of the team. Newcomer 100 Pee Wee Reese is training up at 2B and also doing well (.311/.392/.470).

Things haven't gone quite as well for 65 Vince Coleman (.185/.214/.259) who I have wanted to use in some context since completing the mission for him months ago. Oh well

I've used Coleman 65 as a pinch runner and hes great, but the thing is...if you already have fast guys at most lineup spots he never really needs to pinch run and he's crap as a hitter, so what's the point? I suspect he would really shine on a high OBP station to station team with no speed (crank pinch runners to max!)

I've been looking at adding Gossage myself, what do you think so far? And what kinda steal success rates are you managing? My team has good speed but I generally keep my sliders at 50% or less as I expect 75% or better steal success and there are many good catchers around at the perfect level.

LA Rams are loaded. I felt good taking them to 6 games in the series last season, at one point they were up 3-0 and looking to sweep. Feel free to get revenge.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:27 AM   #30
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Well, another fine season, albeit one in which my hitting was off. My bench did hit well, but as far as starters go, it was easily our worst year in Perfect. I suspect it was partly the tough division (1 Whale and 2 other teams that will finish above .550), and partly just an off year. The Whale is running a supermax defensive team behind a monster pitching staff. His bullpen surely cost him Despite being in a very defensive stadium, they also can hit pretty well... I am kinda surprised he only has 5 titles given his team must have cost around 5 million PP's... Have a look for yourself...

About to play this guy in his last start of the regular season, I have never seen a pitcher have anything even close to this great of a season. I would really like to rough him up here just to take some of the shine off..
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2020, 01:33 AM   #31
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
About to play this guy in his last start of the regular season, I have never seen a pitcher have anything even close to this great of a season. I would really like to rough him up here just to take some of the shine off..

But no...He tossed a CG 1 hitter...12.5 WAR for the season. Craaazy!

Old 02-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #32
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Clippers, who were eliminated in the 1st round last year while blowing 2 9th inning leads, had a really big year offensively.

Mike Trout led the league with 46 HR's and knocked in 119
George Sisler had 30 HR and stole 60 bases and hit .307
Jackie Robinson had 30 HR and stole 30 bases
Rickey Henderson had 23 HR and stole 57 bases
Carl Furillo had 31 HR 114 RBI and hit .304
Charlie Blackmon hit 37 HR and knocked in 113

..but my pitching is not good. I was able to accrue enough points to buy 96 rated Mike Mussina, who averages an ERA of about 3.20 in Perfect, but for me has an ERA of 5.3. Hopefully he does for me what he does for everyone else.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #33
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P481: The Epic Battle

Huntley. Methuen. Red Raiders. Silver Sox. The epic Division Series battle that's been promised is underway, and...

...oh. Well. Carry on, then.

(Holy crap!)
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #34
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Fairly unusual way to win a Game 5 DS decider. That's 100 ToTY Gerrit Cole btw
Attached Images
Old 02-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #35
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
My Clippers, who were eliminated in the 1st round last year while blowing 2 9th inning leads, had a really big year offensively.

Mike Trout led the league with 46 HR's and knocked in 119
George Sisler had 30 HR and stole 60 bases and hit .307
Jackie Robinson had 30 HR and stole 30 bases
Rickey Henderson had 23 HR and stole 57 bases
Carl Furillo had 31 HR 114 RBI and hit .304
Charlie Blackmon hit 37 HR and knocked in 113

..but my pitching is not good. I was able to accrue enough points to buy 96 rated Mike Mussina, who averages an ERA of about 3.20 in Perfect, but for me has an ERA of 5.3. Hopefully he does for me what he does for everyone else.

That is quite the home run total. What is your stadium like?

Old 02-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #36
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley. Methuen. Red Raiders. Silver Sox. The epic Division Series battle that's been promised is underway, and...

...oh. Well. Carry on, then.

(Holy crap!)

I beat him 3 seasons back...we had been in the same division and while I settled for the wild card, we got him in the divisionals. The team appears to be on auto pilot pretty much. I didn't see that he made any managerial moves at the time, which was the edge I needed. Good Luck in the S-League!

Last edited by Orion; 02-09-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #37
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Projection......Conjecture....Prediction.....Possi bilities....

Things rarely go as expected but I think the big wigs will have a hard time doing us in in a wild card game especially if we get the home field...buuuut toyosu haruki...their team looks better than ours by a bit....& the Thundering Herd over in the other conference...they are making a nice push for their first PL title but they have won 110+ before without finishing the job. But...how many times can they do that before they luck out? In fact, I'm not even sure what direction I'm going in as far as pushing for a title. That 3rd one was rather quenching. But the tendency as much as I mess around is to at least put out a team that has a chance statistically.
Well, to this point everything has gone as expected. I defeated the Big Wigs in the Wild Card game & toyosu Haruki were better than the Flyers by a bit. So it's Haruki, the Thundering Herd, and the 2 underdogs left in the battle. Below, game 5 of my series & the semi-final bracket in P406:
Attached Images
Image Image 

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #38
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well, another fine season, albeit one in which my hitting was off. My bench did hit well, but as far as starters go, it was easily our worst year in Perfect. I suspect it was partly the tough division (1 Whale and 2 other teams that will finish above .550), and partly just an off year. The Whale is running a supermax defensive team behind a monster pitching staff. His bullpen surely cost him more than my entire staff.. Despite residing in a very defense-friendly stadium, they also can hit pretty well... I am kinda surprised he only has 5 titles given his team must have cost around 5 million PP's... Have a look for yourself...
Team that LICKED me in the Finals last week.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #39
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The Warbirds have been on autopilot (which is marginally worse then how they are managed most other weeks) in P457.

Of note: Bronx Bombers and Maine Gems are battling it out in the AC EAST and are the cream of the crop. They are headed for a division Bof5.

The Warbirds lead the NC by 23 games.

Zack Wheat and Cy Young lead the team. Cy is headed for a triple crown with only the K's in doubt.
Bombers (21PL titles) and Gems (15PL titles) needed 163 to decide the EAST division and ultimate the AC. Gems won which gave them Home Field in the divisional. They won that in 4.

Meanwhile the Warbirds have advanced and are playing much lighter side (on paper). Although the Warbirds are heavily favoured they did split the season series 3-3 where the only managed to score 10 runs in 6 games.

Interestingly enough the Warbirds again were the best team in the league after the all-star break. I think it is a good sign that the micro adjustments made/not made through the year are paying off. The downside is the Warbirds don't tend to make many adjustments in the postseason which has probably cost them some PL titles.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #40
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That is quite the home run total. What is your stadium like?
Ironically, 1.1 for average and 1.0 for HR's.

Ended up falling behind 0-2 in round 1 but rallied to win as Mussina came through.

In round 2 I face a whale who has a bunch of Perfect Championships. I got blown out in game one, but came back to hit 4 HR's....and give up 6 HR's and lose game 2 14-11.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote