Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
DevinM
Bat Boy

Converting DMB to OOTP

Just doing some scouting on this product and I see a lot of former DMB users here however I don't really see any real DMB style leagues. Mostly I see leagues that are years in advance or have every minor league teams and college teams, I can't imagine you have the right to use actual college players.What we would want is a 30 team league with our 26 man rosters, and we pretty much just have a 40 man reserve, so I guess minor leagues would be turned off. We run sims once a week and follow the actual season and actual schedule. Can you turn off players stats going up and down? unless maybe it follows real baseball and they improve as the actual player improves or gets worse? We would not want trainers and other things being hired and all that behind the scenes stuff other then maybe our individual orders for the Coach basically. How often player A teams, how often we it and run etc.How do full leagues work? Our current league is 10 years in, do we have to buy it for $45? every season I guess every player would need a copy or are there ways around that? I imagine it involves other people inputting decisions for them. How about drafts, can you decide who is and is not available for drafts, we have more or less a FYPD draft, however where we only have 40 man reserves anyone in the minors that is not considered a rookie in MLB can be drafted.What do you use for your projections? with DMB we use Zips and we can see them all laid out and we know who they come from, I realize ootp uses % as well, but who makes the rankings or do you use some other projection system? Someone is going to be running a comparison sim from another league I'm told, I will be very interested to see the results in how they differ.

Last edited by DevinM; 12-23-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: formatting
DevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
DevinM
Bat Boy

Weird sorry this was spaced out much better when I did it. Not sure what is up with the format.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Have everyone in the league buy OOTP 20 for its sale price of $4.99 (through Jan 2). Start a league in 1969. You won't have to buy anything else for 50 years (game time). That's ten cents a year. Just try that with DMB.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
DevinM
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Have everyone in the league buy OOTP 20 for its sale price of $4.99 (through Jan 2). Start a league in 1969. You won't have to buy anything else for 50 years (game time). That's ten cents a year. Just try that with DMB.
Yeah we wouldn't want to do that..
Old 01-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

When you say you "follow the actual season and actual schedule" do you mean current season? As its being played?
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #6
DevinM
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
When you say you "follow the actual season and actual schedule" do you mean current season? As its being played?
Yeah we only do the current season.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:25 PM   #7
Mersault
Bat Boy

2020 season?

Removed. Fruitless.

Last edited by Mersault; 01-25-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Mersault is offline   Reply With Quote