Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #181
Snoblitz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 34
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 24
Thanked 6x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
NEW!! So I just finished going through this and updating everything (the revamped majors and all) to work with the current naming system that OOTP uses. So now, every team will update automatically as the years progress. No more needing to manually change them. And they are all included in one download, which can be found here: American Baseball 1871-Present Complete
What?! This is fantastic. Thanks Cephasjames!
Snoblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
cephasjames (08-21-2015), JaBurns (10-13-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #182
MitchUnworthy
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 16
Thanks: 45
Thanked 8x in 6 posts
I've used these logos and unis in different leagues here and there since they came out, and I don't think I've ever said thanks in this thread, so I'll say it now.. I truly think this project (and others like it, the Nicknames, etc.) add to the value of the game in a tangible way.. as in, I don't think OOTP sells as many copies without the high level of customization you and the other modders provide. Thanks, cephas. I imagine you have a personal life as well, and this had to have taken oodles of time.

I'm gonna have a go at running this league from the beginning, from 1871 on.. I do have a question, though.. has anyone tried to run a league straight through using real players? I think it'd be interesting to see Mathewson pitching for the New York Nationals, Wagner playing for the Pioneers, Ruth & Gehrig tearing it up for the New York Bears.. has anyone found a way to make this work? Is it as simple as making sure the historical franchise IDs from a real league line up with the fictional franchises, or will it simply not work unless you have the correct names (Giants, Pirates, Yankees, etc..)?

Again, thanks cephas. Amazing work.
MitchUnworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cephasjames (09-01-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #183
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: My Computer
Posts: 7,979
Thanks: 278
Thanked 231x in 163 posts
Something that I for the life of me can't remember. If I am adding a league, what point of the off-season does that need to happen?
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #184
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
I usually stop simming at "Preseason Begins" and make all of my changes then.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
RANGER11JP (11-20-2015), Scott Vibert (10-13-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #185
Orange Lobster
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: out in left field
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6x in 5 posts
To paraphrase Britney Spears, "Oops, you did it again."

I just downloaded the updated .rar file, and while checking it I found that -- once again -- the New Orleans Pelicans logo and jersey images are missing. (What is it with you and New Orleans anyway?) Apparently, you never put the Pelican files back in your original set before you updated them. What surprises me is that I seem to be the first one to notice this.

Fortunately, I can simply go back to your original "oops" file and edit the filenames.

Please be a little more careful next time.

---

By the way, I haven't found any compression format that 7-Zip doesn't work on.
Orange Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cephasjames (10-19-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 05:59 AM   #186
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 1,753
Thanked 222x in 161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I usually stop simming at "Preseason Begins" and make all of my changes then.
Hello cephasjames,

I have been here long enough to know better, but I don't. Just who are these teams in your collections? I'm stumped. Maybe I have taken too many pucks to the head. Can you enlighten a dolt, please.

Regards,
JP
__________________
BASEBALL, HOCKEY AND BOXING FAN
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #187
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Hello cephasjames,

I have been here long enough to know better, but I don't. Just who are these teams in your collections? I'm stumped. Maybe I have taken too many pucks to the head. Can you enlighten a dolt, please.

Regards,
JP
These are all fictional teams, though they are roughly based off of real history.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RANGER11JP (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #188
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 1,753
Thanked 222x in 161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
These are all fictional teams, though they are roughly based off of real history.
Thanks! They are great and will be useful in my roughly based on history universe.
__________________
BASEBALL, HOCKEY AND BOXING FAN
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #189
crawdad5000
Major Leagues
 
crawdad5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, OH Reds country!
Posts: 382
Thanks: 586
Thanked 123x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
These are all fictional teams, though they are roughly based off of real history.
Awesome job cephasjames. I have tons of your creations. Thanks.

So how well does OOTP manage this recreated history? If I went in and started from 1871 I'm reading that the teams uni's and logos will update? How about the team names?
I'm assuming I would have to use the timeline manually to add and delete leagues and teams, and for relocating teams.

What happens in 1876 when the NA disbands? Is the history lost? The players lost? Do you have to dump players in to FA when a team disbands and manually reassign them to a newly created franchise? I guess I could hold an FA draft. What happens to a team and its players when they move from a minor league to a major league?

I want to recreate baseball history with fictional teams and players but want to know what to expect when I start the league, which will be 1871 with the NA. Want to know how much I would have to do manually verses automatic. Definitely looking forward to immersing myself in this.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #190
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Awesome job cephasjames. I have tons of your creations. Thanks.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
So how well does OOTP manage this recreated history? If I went in and started from 1871 I'm reading that the teams uni's and logos will update? How about the team names?
I'm assuming I would have to use the timeline manually to add and delete leagues and teams, and for relocating teams.
Yes, to change team names you will have to do it manually. There is no way, yet, around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
What happens in 1876 when the NA disbands? Is the history lost? The players lost? Do you have to dump players in to FA when a team disbands and manually reassign them to a newly created franchise? I guess I could hold an FA draft. What happens to a team and its players when they move from a minor league to a major league?
It's, honestly, been awhile since I've done much of what you're asking about so I'm shooting from memory here.

When you disband a league the history for the league remains. Any team remaining in a disbanded league will cease to exist, though its history will remain. All players will automatically be dumped into the free agent pool. When a team moves from minors to majors, currently, all of the players move with the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
I want to recreate baseball history with fictional teams and players but want to know what to expect when I start the league, which will be 1871 with the NA. Want to know how much I would have to do manually verses automatic. Definitely looking forward to immersing myself in this.
The automatic switching of the uniforms has helped, but, unfortunately this is slow and exacting process. I have goofed it up on multiple occassions. I suggest backing it up as often as you can. But, when you're deep into the history, it's fun to look back and see how it's worked out.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #191
crawdad5000
Major Leagues
 
crawdad5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, OH Reds country!
Posts: 382
Thanks: 586
Thanked 123x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
When you disband a league the history for the league remains. Any team remaining in a disbanded league will cease to exist, though its history will remain. All players will automatically be dumped into the free agent pool. When a team moves from minors to majors, currently, all of the players move with the team.
Ok. I'm going to give it a trial run and see how it goes. I'll let you know and if it works out I'll start a dynasty thread.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (12-01-2015), RANGER11JP (12-02-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 02:47 AM   #192
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 1,753
Thanked 222x in 161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Ok. I'm going to give it a trial run and see how it goes. I'll let you know and if it works out I'll start a dynasty thread.
Presently, I am running a league that has an 1850 start date. I was trying for 1845, but I blinked. Anyway, I am using Spritz's DB, with earlier debuts and many players who are just FA. I will elaborate more if anyone is interested. Be warned, it can be tedious!
__________________
BASEBALL, HOCKEY AND BOXING FAN
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #193
crawdad5000
Major Leagues
 
crawdad5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, OH Reds country!
Posts: 382
Thanks: 586
Thanked 123x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post

When you disband a league the history for the league remains. Any team remaining in a disbanded league will cease to exist, though its history will remain. All players will automatically be dumped into the free agent pool. When a team moves from minors to majors, currently, all of the players move with the team.
I started with the NA and simmed through 1875. Added the National League in 1876 and folded the NA. Following your timeline the whole time. It's tedious but I find it fun and interesting.

The history of the folded NA remains under the history index including the leaderboards. That's cool. My only REAL issue was when creating the National League the system once again loaded up a bunch of foreign players and coaches. So I restored my backup and created the NL with just two teams so I wouldn't have that many players and coaches to delete. I'm keeping it all USA until the appropriate time frame. I then transfered and created the teams need to round out the NL and had a free agent draft for the new teams without players. Worked out well.

My next question is about the AAA leagues that are created in 1892. Eastern, Western, and Southern Association. Are these supposed to be independent minors or was your vision to have them affiliated with the Majors?
Attached Images
Image Image 
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #194
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)
 
Cole98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 211
Blog Entries: 12
Thanks: 37
Thanked 185x in 85 posts
This is amazing, I am not exactly following your timeline but the resources in this are amazing, I have two one small question

You do have the Toros as Toronto's pro team but it is the Maple Leafs that have a full jersey set, why is that?
__________________
FHM Graphic Mods
My Snowy Style Logos
Sledge Hockey League (WIP)


OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cephasjames (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #195
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole98 View Post
You do have the Toros as Toronto's pro team but it is the Maple Leafs that have a full jersey set, why is that?
When I updated the majors I changed them to the Maple Leafs. I guess I didn't change them in the documents also.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #196
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
I started with the NA and simmed through 1875. Added the National League in 1876 and folded the NA. Following your timeline the whole time. It's tedious but I find it fun and interesting.

The history of the folded NA remains under the history index including the leaderboards. That's cool. My only REAL issue was when creating the National League the system once again loaded up a bunch of foreign players and coaches. So I restored my backup and created the NL with just two teams so I wouldn't have that many players and coaches to delete. I'm keeping it all USA until the appropriate time frame. I then transfered and created the teams need to round out the NL and had a free agent draft for the new teams without players. Worked out well.

My next question is about the AAA leagues that are created in 1892. Eastern, Western, and Southern Association. Are these supposed to be independent minors or was your vision to have them affiliated with the Majors?
My intention was for all minor leagues to be independent until around the 1930s and then slowly affiliate leagues until the 1950s when all minor leagues would end up affiliated.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RANGER11JP (01-04-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #197
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)
 
Cole98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 211
Blog Entries: 12
Thanks: 37
Thanked 185x in 85 posts
By the way, I am making uniforms and logos for fictional Canadian teams. It's designed as a supplement to your mod, I am just checking whether I need your permission first.
__________________
FHM Graphic Mods
My Snowy Style Logos
Sledge Hockey League (WIP)


OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #198
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,381
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,788
Thanked 3,210x in 1,499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole98 View Post
By the way, I am making uniforms and logos for fictional Canadian teams. It's designed as a supplement to your mod, I am just checking whether I need your permission first.
Nope. Have at it. Thanks for the consideration though.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (03-12-2016), Cole98 (01-24-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #199
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,467
Thanks: 9,158
Thanked 3,077x in 2,458 posts
bump
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:34 AM   #200
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)
 
Silent_Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 117
Thanked 131x in 71 posts
Big Thanks. Not using this as perscribed, but rather to flesh out the minors in a fictional replay (no historical players, just the league structure) of the MLB itself. I'd do the real mccoy, but god knows I'd break stuff trying to get those things in the readme to work every year. It's the fate that befell my poor United Baseball Federation earlier this week after all. So instead I'm starting in 1901 (technically 1903 when the Highlanders happen, but I play stats only so I need the 2 year headstart anyway) with the MLB and some fake minor league teams, both with historical uniforms now, which should scratch that itch for a fictional league well enough without me utterly trashing everything by mistake.

I do have a question, I'm assuming if a team "runs out" of uniforms it becomes stuck in time? Because there are a few that end in the 1950-1960s era that I wouldn't mind seeing become the "classic" jerseys like the IRL Yankees where the differences in jersey design become nearly imperceptible.

Edit: On second thought, I'm gonna give a run at it. Think I've figured this all out and counting uniforms is just irritating me more than the yearly hassle would. That said, I do have a question, I notice there aren't any lists as to who should be what minor team. Is there something I'm missing or was that never described?

Also how do I manage the seperate NL and AL before the 1903 series if I want combined records. Is it best to just convert the NL into MLB when the AL is created and have them as divisions?

Double Edit: Yeah did some checking and there's no way to do it post league creation looks like, so I'll just convert the NL to the MLB when the AL forms, just with no playoffs. And minors can't be combined after the fact either, so they'll just have to be unaffiliated affiliated minors, if that makes sense.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 04-09-2016 at 03:38 AM.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cephasjames, fictional, uniforms

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments