Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Random Suggestion: 8th and 9th

If you use subs a lot you might know what I mean...

There is a sub every 1-7 10 15 20 games...

Would it be possible to get the other numbers?

Thanks.

Side note: If I have 2 guys set to back up my 3B let's say and the 1st is set to sub every 5 games and the other guy is set to sub every 10 games.

Who plays on game 10? (I don't know, Bud and Lou.. THIRD BASE!) LOL just curious.

Last edited by webdox; 08-16-2019 at 12:50 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
If you use subs a lot you might know what I mean...

There is a sub every 1-7 10 15 20 games...

Would it be possible to get the other numbers?
I have 8th and 9th. Are you up to date with patch releases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
Side note: If I have 2 guys set to back up my 3B let's say and the 1st is set to sub every 5 games and the other guy is set to sub every 10 games.

Who plays on game 10? (I don't know, Bud and Lou.. THIRD BASE!) LOL just curious.
If 1st sub has not played the position in 5 days, he will play. If 1st sub has played the position in the last 5 days AND 2nd sub has not played the position in the last 10 days, then he will play. If both 1st sub and 2nd sub have played the position in the last 5 and 10 days respectively, then the starter will play unless he is tired in which case 1st sub will play.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
allenciox
All Star Reserve

One thing that is unclear to me, at least, is how handedness plays into the sub strategy. Your lineups ave vR and vL. On the vL, if you put "every third game", is that based on every "third game" against a left-handed pitcher, or is that every third game across both left and right-handed pitchers?

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:45 PM   #4
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
One thing that is unclear to me, at least, is how handedness plays into the sub strategy. Your lineups ave vR and vL. On the vL, if you put "every third game", is that based on every "third game" against a left-handed pitcher, or is that every third game across both left and right-handed pitchers?
Someone posted some research into that. Their conclusion was that it applied the check against the last X games regardless as to the handed-ness of the opposing pitcher. So if you have a sub set to play every 3rd game vs RHP, then whenever you face a RHP the game checks to see if the sub has played in any of the last 3 games, and if not, he's inserted.

The effect of this is to put subs in more frequently than you probably desire. What I've ended up doing is making my substitution plan only in the vs RHP lineup. Seems to work. That plan might not work as well if you're in a league where you see lots of LHP though.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Someone posted some research into that. Their conclusion was that it applied the check against the last X games regardless as to the handed-ness of the opposing pitcher. So if you have a sub set to play every 3rd game vs RHP, then whenever you face a RHP the game checks to see if the sub has played in any of the last 3 games, and if not, he's inserted.

The effect of this is to put subs in more frequently than you probably desire. What I've ended up doing is making my substitution plan only in the vs RHP lineup. Seems to work. That plan might not work as well if you're in a league where you see lots of LHP though.
That was me, here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=305094
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
Justinw303
Minors (Single A)

I think filling in the numbers between 10 and 15 would be nice. Every 10th game ends up subbing out my starters slightly more than I’d like, but every 15th is probably a bit too long.
Justinw303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I tend to use ‘if tired’, not sure if that’s a ‘negative’ option to be using.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I tend to use ‘if tired’, not sure if that’s a ‘negative’ option to be using.
The reason people like specific intervals versus 'if tired' is that the specific ones give you more control over when the substitution happens. If you have your entire lineup set to "sub if tired" then it seems you end up with 5 guys tired at the same time. So while I do use the "if tired" setting sometimes, I use the specific game intervals much more.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
The reason people like specific intervals versus 'if tired' is that the specific ones give you more control over when the substitution happens. If you have your entire lineup set to "sub if tired" then it seems you end up with 5 guys tired at the same time. So while I do use the "if tired" setting sometimes, I use the specific game intervals much more.
I find the Ai seems to ignore the 'if tired' option too often and see most players with that option end up with the yellow symbol far too often

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
I find the Ai seems to ignore the 'if tired' option too often and see most players with that option end up with the yellow symbol far too often
Yeah, it would be interesting to know what the threshold is for ignoring player tiredness. I'm pretty sure I've seen the AI ignore ~70% condition before. I would prefer it make a switch at < ~90%, just to stay on top of things. As soon as you get that sub in, boom, he's rested and you don't have to worry about a player for a while. Rather than having him lingering into the 60%s and 50%s and hurting your team.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote