Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #21
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm stumped. The OD rosters and EOS rosters depend on Cody Bellinger showing up when a 2017 historical league is created. He does not (at least when I created a 2017 league). Are we missing other players who made their debut in 2017? Or just Cody?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #22
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Markus has one.
The roster team has one of its own updated through yesterday.
There is one on the OOTP DropBox site.
I've got one.

Probably everyone but you has one.

I'll e-mail you a copy of mine.
Story of my life.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #23
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
Well, I quit the app and updated to the latest version and the only Cody I get doesn't include his real life stats of132 games played for the Dodgers. Will the real Cody please stand up
If your still playing the 2017 historical...they won't show...that would be kinda redundant...
You'll see them if you start a standard 2018 or quickstart game.
As for Cody...it'll be fixed in next patch or so. He's accidentally missing from the master file.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-22-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #24
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
If your still playing the 2017 historical...they won't show...that would be kinda redundant...
You'll see them if you start a standard 2018 or quickstart game.
As for Cody...it'll be fixed in next patch or so. He's accidentally missing from the master file.

Umm, I beg to differ, they do show. The Cody Bellinger I have does show real life stats for 2017, but they're just with the minor league teams. All players on rosters have their real 2017 stats. All you have to do is select the real life stats tab, and ta da, real life stats for 2017. I think it's used as way to compare your sim with how a player did in real life.
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #25
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I'm stumped. The OD rosters and EOS rosters depend on Cody Bellinger showing up when a 2017 historical league is created. He does not (at least when I created a 2017 league). Are we missing other players who made their debut in 2017? Or just Cody?
Ok, now I'm thinking it is all players who made their 2017 debut. I haven't checked them all but here are a few players who made debuts in the majors in 2017 that appear to only have their minor league profile when running a 2017 historical sim:

Ozzie Albies, Jorge Bonifacio, Johan Carmargo, Paul Dejong, Nick Williams
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #26
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Fixed.

Even though it was the MLB stats that were "missing" (they were actually there) it was the minor league master that had an unfilled field. There were 239 players from 1871-2017 with this same challenge. All have been adjusted.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #27
bullmanuga
Minors (Single A)

I'm running a sim from 1901-whenever with everyone playing with 2017 tendencies. I'm also running with historical minors. I've simmed to 1903 right now, and when guys get added to the sim, their old 1890s stats come with them. I just had a guy, Jim O'Rourke pop in and suddenly he has 1918 games played despite not playing one game in the sim.

When I started the game, I erased the entire MLB history AND the all career stats of all players. I also did NOT import the previous MLB history.
bullmanuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

That is just how things work. Does not matter what year you start in. Unless it is 1871 history repeats itself. If someone has a work around for this I hope they see this post.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #29
bullmanuga
Minors (Single A)

I've just been deleting those guys when they pop up. In a few years I figure they won't show up anymore.
bullmanuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #30
so49as
Major Leagues

Jose Jimenez (https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=jimene001jos)

I imported a 1999 season in both 19 and 18, and Jose Jimenez comes in with none of his minor league stats.
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #31
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This is what I get in a test league. Full set of minor league stats.

Need to know what your personal settings are to do more.
Attached Images
Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #32
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I just imported two Negro League players into a OOTP 19 Historical League...Random debut w/neutralized stats. I used the Spritze HS DB for OOTP 17, which by the way seemed to work with OOTP 18.

Here is what I got for the Neutralized career stats:

Pop Lloyd - .396 career AVE and 1.963 career OPS

Jesse Douglas - .459 & 2.097
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #33
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The Spritze db is not supported by OOTP. The Spritze database does not support random debut nor neutralized stats. You are mixing apples with seafood and gravel as it were. Weird results are to be expectorated.

Both those players are in the OOTP minor league database. I'd use that for any imports.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #34
so49as
Major Leagues

Quote:
This is what I get in a test league. Full set of minor league stats.

Need to know what your personal settings are to do more.
1. New Historical Game from the Start Screen. (No to challenge mode.)
2. From the Wizard I selected the season, and checked the box to "import real minor leagues (1915+). The box for 'import complete history up to 1999' was already checked.
3. Clicked on next step.
4. After it imports the players, I click on advanced mode and start the game.

I don't think I clicked on anything out of the ordinary.

I did both for '95 and '99 (where I had the problem). His minor league stats import and show on the "Real Life Stats" (like you have), but on '99, they are missing.

95 Historical ID - jimenjo01 - Historical minors ID - jimene001jos
99 Historical ID - jimenjo01 - Historical minors ID - jimene003jos

That could be it, eh? Jose Jimenez 003 played in the Angels organization in '92.Those hitting stats show up on my '99 import of Jose Jimenez the pitcher.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your work!
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #35
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Spritze db is not supported by OOTP. The Spritze database does not support random debut nor neutralized stats. You are mixing apples with seafood and gravel as it were. Weird results are to be expectorated.

Both those players are in the OOTP minor league database. I'd use that for any imports.
So, you are not going to update your DB...Sorry to hear that, I had heard otherwise..

Your post of 3-13-18...I might have misread it!! I thought your DB worked with OOTP 19.

Last edited by Jeff1787; 03-23-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #36
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by so49as View Post
1. New Historical Game from the Start Screen. (No to challenge mode.)
2. From the Wizard I selected the season, and checked the box to "import real minor leagues (1915+). The box for 'import complete history up to 1999' was already checked.
3. Clicked on next step.
4. After it imports the players, I click on advanced mode and start the game.

I don't think I clicked on anything out of the ordinary.

I did both for '95 and '99 (where I had the problem). His minor league stats import and show on the "Real Life Stats" (like you have), but on '99, they are missing.

95 Historical ID - jimenjo01 - Historical minors ID - jimene001jos
99 Historical ID - jimenjo01 - Historical minors ID - jimene003jos

That could be it, eh? Jose Jimenez 003 played in the Angels organization in '92.Those hitting stats show up on my '99 import of Jose Jimenez the pitcher.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your work!
there are 15 Jose Jimenez's clustered around 1995. Only one was a MLB player. I find no issues of crosslinking with any of these Jose's in 1995 or 1999 or any other year. In the database in 1992 there are 2 different Jose's on the AZL Angels, neither of them are the MLB Jose. They each have different birthdates and cities they are from.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-24-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #37
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
So, you are not going to update your DB...Sorry to hear that, I had heard otherwise..

Your post of 3-13-18...I might have misread it!! I thought your DB worked with OOTP 19.
I am going to update the database. That has nothing to do with this issue.
The old DB is meant to work with regulation OOTP play. It works fairly well with newts entirely by accident.
RD did not exist when it was created back in OOTP11. It does not work well with RD
the historical minor, negro, Japanese nor Korean leagues existed only in the Spritze DB back in ver 11. Now the first two are included in OOTP. Those players will be removed from the Spritze database
Old 03-24-2018, 09:49 AM   #38
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am going to update the database. That has nothing to do with this issue.
The old DB is meant to work with regulation OOTP play. It works fairly well with newts entirely by accident.
RD did not exist when it was created back in OOTP11. It does not work well with RD
the historical minor, negro, Japanese nor Korean leagues existed only in the Spritze DB back in ver 11. Now the first two are included in OOTP. Those players will be removed from the Spritze database
OK, got ya....so 3 questions (this entire DB vs DB and Real vs Neut issue has me confused and unhappy, probably my own fault) and then I'll be quiet:

1. I am planning a Historical RD League, adding a few Negro and historical minor league players each season. Should I stick with the in-game DB and not be concerned with your upcoming DB?

2. I know the in-game DB does not have Neutralized stats for the players. So is there any reason I should use the "Base Ratings On...Neutralized Stats" or just stick with Real Stats?

3. You once made this comment: "Neutered stats are also adjusted for context. Deadball vs Steriod era for example. All are neutered to a 750 run team context. When playing with the random feature neutered stats work more weller than real stats for this reason." Does this still apply?

Last edited by Jeff1787; 03-24-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #39
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
OK, got ya....so 3 questions (this entire DB vs DB and Real vs Neut issue has me confused and unhappy, probably my own fault) and then I'll be quiet:

1. I am planning a Historical RD League, adding a few Negro and historical minor league players each season. Should I stick with the in-game DB and not be concerned with your upcoming DB? YES

2. I know the in-game DB does not have Neutralized stats for the players. So is there any reason I should use the "Base Ratings On...Neutralized Stats" or just stick with Real Stats? For RD use Real
3. You once made this comment: "Neutered stats are also adjusted for context. Deadball vs Steriod era for example. All are neutered to a 750 run team context. When playing with the random feature neutered stats work more weller than real stats for this reason." Does this still apply?
RD neuters the Real stats automagically or RD can neuter the newts automagically so if /unless that is an important distinction to you I'd just go Real.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #40
theOrange
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have confirmed that new debuts for 2017 do not historically import by bbref id.

Here is a good list:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...7-debuts.shtml

Should i file an official bug report?
theOrange is offline   Reply With Quote