Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
kq76
Global Moderator

Looking for an OOTP9 League to Join? Post In This Thread!

Instead of having leagues having to keep on the lookout for people posting saying that they're looking for a league, let's have people looking for leagues post in this thread and then league members can just subscribe to it thereby getting notices to check it whenever someone expresses interest.

Make you sure you leave some way for people to contact you like an email address or by enabling private messages through the forum. You might also want to describe what type of league you're looking for, if you are particular about that, so you don't get a bunch of invitations for leagues you're not interested in.

In addition, if someone posts that they're looking for a league but they didn't post about it in this thread, then anyone can post in this thread a link to the thread where the interest was posted.

The only restriction is: people are forbidden from advertising leagues in this thread. If your league looks like a league that someone looking for a league would be interested in, post in the thread that person started or contact them some other way. League ads in this thread will be deleted without hesitation. This thread is to notify people of others possibly interested in joining their leagues; spamming it with ads of other leagues will just make people less likely to subscribe to it.

Therefore, if you (as the person looking for a league) think your post might warrant some discussion or you'd like others to have the opportunity to reply to it in a thread, start a separate thread with your post and just link to it from this thread.

To further increase the usability of the thread, if there is a separate thread for the interest, I'd recommend not just linking to it from this thread, but also quoting the initial post. That way, people reading their email notifications won't have to click through to determine whether their league fits, the post will be in their email.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
mysicviper
Minors (Single A)

Wanna Join

Lookign for some real leagues... with real life players.. maybe even an older leagues 80's 90's rosters? I used to play OOTP religiously now i own a nightclub so been tough but not have free time to play bought ootp8 today ready to go hit me up email is therealdeal1977@yahoo.com
mysicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
kq76
Global Moderator

Looking for a League to Join? Post In This Thread!

Instead of having leagues having to keep on the lookout for people posting saying that they're looking for a league, let's have people looking for leagues post in this thread and then league members can just subscribe to it thereby getting notices to check it whenever someone expresses interest.

In addition, if someone posts that they're looking for a league but they didn't post about it in this thread, then anyone can post in this thread a link to the thread where the interest was posted.

The only restriction is: people are forbidden from advertising leagues in this thread. If your league looks like a league that someone looking for a league would be interested in, post in the thread that person started or contact them some other way. League ads in this thread will be deleted without hesitation. This thread is to notify people of others possibly interested in joining their leagues; spamming it with ads of other leagues will just make people less likely to subscribe to it.

Therefore, if you (as the person looking for a league) think your post might warrant some discussion or you'd like others to have the opportunity to reply to it in a thread, start a separate thread with your post and just link to it from this thread.

To further increase the usability of the thread, if there is a separate thread for the interest, I'd recommend not just linking to it from this thread, but also quoting the initial post. That way, people reading their email notifications won't have to click through to determine whether their league fits, the post will be in their email.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
taz2018
Minors (Double A)

Looking for a new league with the Pirates open!!

If anyone knows of a new league that just started or is getting ready to start please email me. taz20_18 @ yahoo.com Thank you

Proud Member of the United States Navy Reserve - Active (08/15/06-07/14/08) Reserve (07/14/08-NOW)
taz2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
psychdrts
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for a league to join. Must have coaches and scouts on, as I enjoy the scouting feature. not really looking for a major rebuild project, unless of course there are major prospects on the team already to build on.

JoeBurke2004 is my aim name.. contact name is an AOL email address so if im not on, just email to that name at AOL.com
psychdrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
happyharrell
Minors (Double A)

fictional league wanted

I'm looking for a finctional league with some history to it; modern rules, if possible. I have experience with LLM (now defunct), JOBL (relaunched with a different format), and currently with the HNBA.

Email me at puckfurdue@hotmail.com if you know of any openings. Thanks!
happyharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

Looking for Historical League

Looking for a historical league starting somewhere around the mid to late 70's or starting in the 80's and 90's.
jblaze03fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
houheffna
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would like to join a MLB league with fictional players. Scouting and coaching turned on, been with OOTP for about 7 years now. Would love to finally join a good online league. My email is houheffna@gmail.com.

Look forward to hearing from my future commish!!!
houheffna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
SlimJim75
Bat Boy

I'd like to join a historical league that is using players from the 1990s and up. I'd prefer to manage the Detroit Tigers but I'll consider any team. I have two years of experience using OOTP and am the commissioner of a league as well. Email jkircoff@gmail.com if interested.
SlimJim75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
cec2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm always interested in historical leagues using version 6.5
cec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #11
BThompson707
Bat Boy

Looking For a League

Hi, My name is Ben Thompson. I am fairly new to OOTP8 but I used to participate in OOTP3 and OOTP4 leagues. If you're looking for a dedicated GM thats not afraid to be active I'm your man. I prefer historical leagues but any good league will do. Email me at BThompson707@students.ccsnh.edu
BThompson707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
kabl
Bat Boy

Looking for a league.

just purchased ootp8 and im itching to get in a league. real players only and looking to get in a league soon as possible.

mikefmiller33@aol.com

Mike Miller
kabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
jmantemp
Minors (Single A)

I've been playing OOTP for a few years now and I've played in a casual online league or two with friends, but I'd really like to play in a fictional league of some sort. I also am a big fan of the 1990's so any leagues in that time period would be great. email me at jmantemp@hotmail.com
jmantemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
rem
Hall Of Famer

John, the poster above me, would make a great GM in any league. I encourage you to find a place in your league for him.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
Fool
Bat Boy

I'm looking for a league to join...

hit me up

fabberz (at) gmail (dot) com
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remangiii View Post
John, the poster above me, would make a great GM in any league. I encourage you to find a place in your league for him.
Thank you for the recommendation! A message to John has been dispatched.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
jags28leftwich7
Bat Boy

i am looking for a online league to join. aim- nyr11jagr68 email nyr11jagr68@yahoo.com
jags28leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #18
Twins34
Minors (Rookie Ball)

jags28leftwich7 Sent you a Email.
Twins34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #19
MikeSlugga
Minors (Double A)

Looking to join a league, fairly experienced owner, would prefer a
league with real players, or a league that at one time had real players.
Boston Red Sox - Current League
AL East Division Pennant - 2020 (85-77)
Quite possibly the saddest franchise ever.
New York Mets - Bill Clinton League
NL Wild Card - 1995
Pittsburgh Pirates - Beyond the Ivy
-
Oakland Athletics - NABA
-
MikeSlugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #20
charles jones
Bat Boy

lookin for a league

am new to ootp but wanna jump in. will consider any league preferably with scouting and minors. email is chuck_cb@msn.com im ready
charles jones is offline   Reply With Quote