Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
Robby The Z
Bat Boy

3 Questions about Historical Leagues

So I bought this game more than a year ago but really only started playing in the last 6 weeks (gee, I wonder why I had the time to start).

Bottom line is I LOVE IT. Am totally addicted. I normally start with a game by diving in but I'm trying to spend time with the tutorials and on here. I have three questions including two about the progression of historical leagues. Hopefully knowledgeable players still check this board.

1. I l made a couple of experimental edits to players just to see how it works. If I have the historical setting to "Recalc player settings based on real stats after each year" - will those edits be done away with during the offseason?

2. ON the same subject, forgetting about edits, does that "Recalc" setting mean essentially the player ratings will totally be reset for , in my case, the 1976 season?

3. I can't find it now but I thought I've seen something about an OOTP player Development system. Is that an alternative to recalculating each season or can it be both/and? If the latter, how does that work exactly?

Apologies if these should have been easy for me to find out - but any help is appreciated. Plus I'd love to get into some dialogue with veteran players as I had no idea this game was so much fun.
Robby The Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
CBeisbol
Banned

Welcome, Robbie

The OOTP19 tutorials are very good

The manual is also very useful
Searching for "recalc" and then choosing the "historical" page brings you here
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...-settings-page
Quote:
Player Ratings
The historical Player Ratings control how the OOTP engine rates historical players.

Option Description
Recalc player ratings based on real stats after each year Forces OOTP to recalculate player ratings (both actual and potential) after each season based on how the players performed in real life. For example, if in the next season in real life a player performed at a much higher level, his OOTP ratings will increase automatically. If this is enabled it overrides the potential ratings calculation method chosen in the Advanced Options of the Historical Game Creation Wizard. If this is not enabled, players will improve normally according to their OOTP potential ratings.
Ratings recalculation base Defines whether to base ratings recalculation on a 1-year, 3-year, or 5-year span.
And searching for "Player development" and choosing the second "player development" options gets you here
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...er_development
Quote:
Players' current and potential ratings change over the course of a season or a career, according to OOTP's player development model. As soon as players are created, they begin developing across the spectrum of their ratings. A number of factors can affect a player's development. Some of these can be controlled, and others cannot. Some of the key development factors are described below:
To answer your questions
1 and 2) Yes. At the end of the current season/beginning of the new season, the game will project new statistics for all players based on their real life performance in that year and those projections will be reflected in their ratings.

3) The player development engine forgoes real life and uses the factors listed in the above link (age, coaching, performance, randomness, etc) to create career trajectories for the players in your game.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
Robby The Z
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Welcome, Robbie

The OOTP19 tutorials are very good

The manual is also very useful
Searching for "recalc" and then choosing the "historical" page brings you here
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...-settings-page

And searching for "Player development" and choosing the second "player development" options gets you here
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...er_development

To answer your questions
1 and 2) Yes. At the end of the current season/beginning of the new season, the game will project new statistics for all players based on their real life performance in that year and those projections will be reflected in their ratings.

3) The player development engine forgoes real life and uses the factors listed in the above link (age, coaching, performance, randomness, etc) to create career trajectories for the players in your game.
Thanks for these answers. I was well into season 2 and really enjoying the detail of the game, trying to build a farm system and what not. But tonight I appear to have lost my file. I was rearranging my minor leagues and when i went to manually save the game i got a spinning circle and my laptop froze. I waited 5 minutes and went with a forced shutdown. When I relaunched the program and clicked "Continue Game" - it told me it couldn't load the file because it had been corrupted. I've tried everything but it's just gone. That is a shame because it was really fun to play, but I'm hesitant to resume if it's just going to go kaput like that.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Robby The Z
Bat Boy

Full disclosure - it was my aging laptop that was the ultimate issue here, although one of its freezes came at the worsth time re the historical database being saved.

Long story short: I have a new machine and have started back in 1970, this time with better information thanks to you and others. Games is a blast.