Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-25-2003, 04:06 PM   #61
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

couriers, your suggestion is really the only option to take, it is only fair.

run n gun, sorry for this minor controversy.

Hell Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #62
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

Knowing him personally, i think you will be amazed at his GM skills. Also, did i get the Padres?
  • (As Matt Williams took a curtain call after hitting a home run) "Barry Bonds gets a standing ovation as he digs in."
  • (Following the second out) ".. and the Padres win the National League Wes... oh, just got a little exicted."
Internet Sim Baseball League, Lo$ Angele$ Dodger$
ISBL Fictional Blog
SanDiegoPadres19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #63
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

yes, your name has been updated on the list on the first page.

Old 05-25-2003, 04:15 PM   #64
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

Dur. I normally just skip to the last page. Thanks!
  • (As Matt Williams took a curtain call after hitting a home run) "Barry Bonds gets a standing ovation as he digs in."
  • (Following the second out) ".. and the Padres win the National League Wes... oh, just got a little exicted."
ISBL Fictional Blog
Old 05-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #65
PSA
Bat Boy

I'm an alias of a board regular, and I'm just looking out for the community. What could be a good league shouldn't be ruined by one or two bad apples.

What I said was not an allegation. Run n Gun / Jeff McDonald is a known cheater. I shouldn't have to be the only one to point this out:

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...=Jeff+McDonald

He did in this league what he did in FDBL: owned multiple teams and traded players between them. Through lopsided trades, he built a World Series Champion team.

Not to involve people who'd rather not be involved, but the current FDBL GM's of the Reds, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, and Padres can confirm.

Why Matt would defend McDonald, knowing what he did as well as everyone else, is beyond my understanding. I'd think twice about having either of these guys as a Commish or GM.

Just a heads up, folks. Take it or leave it. Best of luck with the league.
PSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #66
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Other GM's of this league should chime in. I don't know enough about PSA or run n gun to choose either way. i thank PSA for his concern.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #67
MiddleGA
Minors (Single A)

HA - re: controversy -- I have no insight on the situation one way or the other since I'm not familiar with the FDBL. I will say however that this sort of thing is one of the reasons I've been gunshy about league play. This owner urges the commisioners to investigate the allegation as thoroughly as possible before beginning any league activity begins. (I'm thinking input from the five FDBL GM's mentioned by team name would go a long way toward resolving this one)

Jon/ Angels GM
MiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #68
couriers
All Star Reserve

We should contact the other GMs that were mentioned to see what the deal is. If it turns out that one of them cannot be trusted then both should not be allowed in. This is not to sound harsh or personal but that is how it should be regardless of who it is.

One concern that I have is that PSA has made accusations against CommishJim as well. Do you still claim that CommishJim cannot be trusted and that others should not join a league that he is running as you have claimed in the past?

Another concern that I have is that PSA claims to be a board regular but appears to not be willing to make these accusations under his more popular and widely used handle. Why is this PSA?
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #69
couriers
All Star Reserve

Also, the second link provided still does not offer any type of proof. Again, it is only an accusation. Maybe NSBL Dodgers should be contacted to see what the deal is. My concern is that he only has 6 posts and they could pose a problem with his credibility.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:57 PM   #70
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Well ,we're lucky to have a 2 commish system here. Commishjim isn't even an issue - he's been very helpful. having 2 commish's is a good system of checks and balances. there is no reason to cheat in this league - there is no monetary prize involved. if you cheat and win you get the same prize if you play honest and win, which is basically nothing. it'd be a shame, but i guess that's our society.

couriers - i'd be happy just not having run n gun in the league after i get some more info on this matter. kicking matt out of the league solves nothing, he or anyone that is kicked out could always adopt a new handle and ask for a team again under a new name. i have enough time to be an active Commish and to run the league as it should be run, but i just don't have time to do background checks on everyone. kicking everyone out associated w/ run n gun (if he's found to indeed be a cheater) is just a knee-jerk response. seriously, you get nothing out of the league by cheating. it's a waste of time. just a shame.

Old 05-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #71
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Everyone:

Please note the updated owner list on the first page, confirm that you are listed as the owner for the right team (no need to post if it's correct).

new potential owners - please refer to the updated available teams if you'd like to become a part of this league.

Old 05-25-2003, 07:47 PM   #72
Cuckoo

I suppose we should wait to see what run n gun has to say for himself before jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and HA, it's Cuckoo, not Cukoo
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #73
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

What Jeff possibly did in the other league has nothing to do with FDBL. FDBL does not need its name slung thru the mud. Its not fair. This needs to be done in a different matter then thru this message board. As i stated before, people will only read the fine print, i.e. FDBL, Cheater etc etc and then it will become next to impossible for me to find another GM. That is the last thing i need as a commish.
I still dont know who PSA is but he seems to know who i am.
PSA needs to contact me, as well has Hell Atlantic. This is getting extremly out of hand and things are being said that may or may not be true.
ISBL Fictional Blog
Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #74
hawksfanatic
Bat Boy

Agreed about letting run-n-gun give his side of the story.

There are a couple of points in PSA's story that bothers me...

1.) As couriers stated, why does PSA only use a second handle when making the allegations and why won't he use his 'regular' handle? Further, why won't he offer more proof?

2.) If run-n-gun cheated in the FDBL, there is very little conversation about it on the league's bulletin board. From what I have experienced, when an owner is accused of cheating the bulletin board becomes the complete focal point of the league. I can't find a single thread about cheating. (Of course, the admin could delete the threads...)
hawksfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #75
CommishJim
Minors (Double A)

Everyone,

The league website is up. www.ootp5league.com
I need all owners to sign up for the message board and the BOSI. The league's first vote is posted in the forum. After you sign up for the BOSI please email ootpcommish@aol.com with your username and team so I can assign you your team withen the BOSI.

Thanks
Co- Commish
CommishJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:51 PM   #76
couriers
All Star Reserve

I agree that there is nothing to be gained by cheating in a league like this but unfortunately there will always be those that see things differently. My suggestion to replace both of them was based on the possibility that they are one in the same or that the one that stays may hold a grudge for his friend not being allowed in. If neither of these scenarios seems likely then there is no reason to get rid of both of them.

I don't see this situation as getting anywhere near extremely out of hand. Instead, there just seems to be a few loose ends that need to be resolved before we start the first season. I haven't seen anyone who is actually involved with the league accuse anyone of being a cheater or any league of not being on the up and up. A couple emails or PMs should answer all of our concerns without anything getting dragged through the mud.

Without hearing any more details on this issue my vote would be to allow both individuals to remain as GMs of their selected teams.

Last edited by couriers; 05-25-2003 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:13 PM   #77
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Hey HA, got your email

Yes I would like the Phillies

2nd_ I am NOT an ALIAS of anyone including Jeff McDonald aka run and gun, so he is fine with me. I don't need to hide

3rd-Just for getting flack, Jeff pick up Rickey Henderson for your Expos, I heard it this morning on the Dan Levatard show and he really made sense

4th-Yes my location SAYS San Antonio, but I am actually in Bandera TX, 2 hours away so I have dialup...28k dial up...

so here is a suggestion

Break up the league file as such

almanac
league news boxscores
smaller 'base' file
Player photo file
stadium files

Personally I would use DD's facepack and Soxman's Historical ballparks.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #78
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

oh and Commish Joe

grammatical error on front page

it's CATO's not Canto's

I am sure one of our main 3rd party guys deserves to have his pseudo name spelled correctly

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #79
goldenglove_21
Minors (Single A)

I would like to claim Colorado.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:40 PM   #80
evil homer
All Star Reserve

commishjim - i don't see a link on the website to either the forums or the BOSI. am i missing something?