Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-15-2019, 04:30 AM   #1
CatWithHeadphones
New User

Unhappy Help With Controls! (DFA/Waiver/IL)

Hey I have questions I could not find the answer to anywhere. If this is in the wrong place, please move the thread (first post, new to this forum)
So I go through the game pretty smoothly, most things are quite easy to use, but I have one major issue: When a player comes off the IL they have to be assigned. Only problem is, they're already on the roster and I can't do anything else until they're assigned, which eludes me as neither the game nor any relevant information on the web tells me how to navigate/operate. The first time it happened I just released the player rather than deal with it (which obviously is not the solution)
TL;DR: how does one take a player off the injured list and assign them so that they can move the heck on with the game?
CatWithHeadphones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

So if you have a player ready to come off the IL you have a few options. First of all, if they were on the IL for quite a long period of time you might want to give them a rehab assignment. This would be advantageous if they haven't played in more than a month to knock off the rust a bit and get them back in playing shape. You can pull up their profile then go into the actions drop box, go down to transactions and select something like send player for rehab assignment. (Sorry, I don't have anyone on my IL right now to double-check this.) This will send them to AAA to get sharp again and there is a limit to how long you can keep them down there (different for pitchers than position players and I don't right now recall the time frames) but you can always bring them up before that limit is reached if you decide they are ready again or you just need them too much to wait any longer.

But if you just want to bring them back to your current active roster when their IL time is over (and assuming they are showing as not injured any longer) then the first thing you need to do is clear space for them on your active roster. Let's just say that your active roster limit is 25 and you have 25 players currently on your big league club. Well, one of them has to go away for you to bring back the formerly injured player. Likely you will be returning whoever you brought up to replace the injured player on the roster to AAA (assuming that's where they were when you promoted them.) There could be all kinds of complications with this in terms of minor league options, etc., but once you have that figured out and have space for one player on your active roster, you should be able to just drag that player off the IL and put them back on your active roster.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote