Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #321
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Copying the thing I wrote in the OL thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
What an unbelievable comeback by Fargo. Down 3-0, they came back on 4 wins in a row against the cindarella Minnesota Bold North. Now they face the Parakeets for the P409 WS title.

Let's go to a quick series preview:

PITCHING:
Fargo is HEAVY on the lefty pitching, anchored by Lefty Grove, Lefty Gomez, and Eddie Plank. They also run 6 lefty RPs in the pen, and as they are not OL they are allowed to carry the likes of Vasquez and Liam Hendriks. This has allowed them to rack up a ton of Ks, leading the league with 1666 Ks during the year. The obvious weakness of Fargo is pitcher CON, as they yielded a league-leading 706 walks during the season. The Bold North drew a league-worst 371 walks during the season, possibly contributing to their blown 3-0 ALCS lead. Aina Haina, 8th-worst in the league in walks drawn, will need to look to exploit this advantage to generate offense.

Pitching is... not a strong point for the Parakeets, yielding a 4.63 team ERA good enough for 25th best in the league. However, Fargo's relatively even split between LHB and RHB may allow the mostly-righty Parakeet staff to overperform expectations.

PITCHING ADVANTAGE: FARGO

BATTING:
Fargo's lineup vs. RHP is most relevant here, as 3/4 of the Parakeet pitching staff throws righty. For this, Fargo has a sturdy upper half of the lineup in Trout, SE Sisler, SE Votto, Yelich, and On-Base guys in the form of Pete Hill and Eddie Stanky. 6/9 of the RHP lineup bat lefty, so the lefty tilt of the Parakeet park will not prove to be a huge factor.

Meanwhile, the mostly-lefty staff of Fargo will draw the LHP lineups of Aina Haina. The Parakeets have been mostly shut down by LHP this season with only 3 batters with wRC+ over 100: SE Sisler, Sam Rice, and Sliding Billy Hamilton. The Parakeets specialize in hitting for average with very few home runs against lefties, so the contact squad of Tony Gwynn, Johnny Pesky, Smoky Burgess, and Wade Boggs (87) will need to exceed expectations.

Overall, the lefty staff of Fargo likely looks to shut down the contact-heavy lefty lineup of the Parakeets.

BATTING ADVANTAGE: FARGO

DEFENSE:
Neither team has made a particular effort to emphasize defense overall. Here's how they compare, Fargo vs. Aina Haina:

SS: Rizzuto (109) vs. Pesky (103)
2B: Stanky (93) vs. Collins (115)
3B: Wander S. Franco (75) vs. Wade Boggs (72)
CF: Trout (85) vs. Dykstra (106)
RF: Hill (86) vs. Gwynn (65)
LF: Yelich (83) vs. Sliding Billy Hamilton (81)
C: Lavalliere (115) vs. Burgess (43)
1B: Votto (66) vs. Sisler (58)

Fargo wins the comparison at C by a mile and SS by a couple feet, but Aina Haina wins 2B and CF. Defense is mostly a wash here, but based on efficiency during the season I think I'd give this one to Aina Haina.

DEFENSE ADVANTAGE: AINA HAINA

OVERALL:
I think the series will be close, as any WS is, but it's clear that Aina Haina is a huge underdog in this matchup. The pitching and batting slants don't favor them, and despite having a more carefully constructed park factor system, the heavy lefty pitching is just a lot to overcome for a lefty team.

OVERALL ADVANTAGE: FARGO

PREDICTION: Fargo wins in 6

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #322
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
troutcitybob, kinrossflyers, JRMallet, Argonaut, Retro80s, scuddawg316, traveller79

are you guys still in Perfect? Working on this week's list.
Yes ScudDawg316 and ScudDawg3 are in perfect still.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #323
JMallet
Bat Boy

Looks like even though I added the entire list I wasn't included for this season. Is it possible I wasn't added by others and therefore not selected?

I'm in a killer of a division, will post again at the end of the week to confirm if I stay in Perfect. If I do, I would like to be included for next season.

Last edited by JMallet; 09-02-2019 at 07:22 AM.
JMallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #324
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMallet View Post
Looks like even though I added the entire list I wasn't included for this season. Is it possible I wasn't added by others and therefore not selected?

I'm in a killer of a division, will post again at the end of the week to confirm if I stay in Perfect. If I do, I would like to be included for next season.
I know I made a specific effort to add you on all 3 of my teams.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #325
Magus978
All Star Starter

I got in for the week, thankfully. The beautiful thing about this league is that you can realistically make a case for most, if not, all the teams here. Had a look at the rosters and it's pretty wide open.

Hoping the Boppers can overachieve again and make an unexpected championship push. Gotta get that perfect title to fill the cabinet.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #326
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

This seems to continue to happen. It has to be that not all the teams are adding the full friends list.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #327
JMallet
Bat Boy

Will be staying in Perfect, hope to join you all for 2043.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:44 AM   #328
Magus978
All Star Starter

Boppers are going down. We'll be back eventually. Probably a month or so since I'm going to take the group in a different direction.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #329
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Will be staying in Perfect, hope to join you all for 2043.
Anyone else that didn’t make it this past week still in Perfect?

Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #330
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

updated friends list:

subtractions
atabakin3 - lowest record among non-OL, need to make room for OL team
argonaut - demoted
trevwilson3 - demoted
retro80s - demoted
jeff1787 - demoted

additions
ziphbarrett - OL
atabakin2 - OL promoted
charlatan4 - OL promoted
edster007c - OL promoted
luke_gofannon - OL promoted
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 09-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #331
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
updated friends list:

subtractions
atabakin3 - lowest record among non-OL, need to make room for OL team
argonaut - demoted
trevwilson3 - demoted
retro80s - demoted
jeff1787 - demoted

additions
ziphbarrett - OL
atabakin2 - OL promoted
charlatan4 - OL promoted
edster007c - OL promoted
luke_gofannon - OL promoted
Please re-add PemsCFO Owlz Team. In the final four in Diamond after a season removed.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #332
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Please re-add PemsCFO Owlz Team. In the final four in Diamond after a season removed.
I think the point of my non-OL team getting booted is that there's not room for any more non-OL teams.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #333
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I think the point of my non-OL team getting booted is that there's not room for any more non-OL teams.
I was not booted. Relegated after a poor season. And thanks to the Collections I can't be OL.

Last edited by daves; 09-08-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #334
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I was not booted. Relegated after a poor season. And thanks to the Collections I can't be OL.
If someone who was already in the league this season can't be in it next season, why would they add you back in?
Old 09-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #335
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
If someone who was already in the league this season can't be in it next season, why would they add you back in?
I qualified for the league in the past. If I am in, I am in, if not, I'm not. Just asking to be added back to the list.

It's actually good that the league of friends is successful that they can turn some away.

Last edited by daves; 09-12-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #336
JMallet
Bat Boy

I am correct in assuming that to be an OL team I simply need to follow the guidelines of no 2019 (and 2019 variant) players and to not have spent any out of pocket $? Or do I need to have previously played in the OL league?

If it's the former I am nearly complaint as I only have one card which is 2019 Live, which happens to be the gold card from my original starter packs. If it's the latter I guess I'm out of luck.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:33 PM   #337
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am correct in assuming that to be an OL team I simply need to follow the guidelines of no 2019 (and 2019 variant) players and to not have spent any out of pocket $? Or do I need to have previously played in the OL league?

If it's the former I am nearly complaint as I only have one card which is 2019 Live, which happens to be the gold card from my original starter packs. If it's the latter I guess I'm out of luck.
If you want to join OL, you just need to replace that one card and post in the OL thread requesting to join. We’d be glad to have you.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #338
traveller79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So for whatever reason my traveller79 login got bounced from the league despite being on the list for three weeks running and actually being in the league & making the playoffs last week. Friends list updated as well.

Hopefully OOTP21 makes custom PT leagues easier to manage.

traveller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #339
daves
Hall Of Famer

Clarification of OLP?

1. Only exclusion is Live and Future legends?
2. What about POTMs and All Star cards for the current season?
3. Do prior seasons of current players still qualify? (i.e. 2013 Kershaw)
4, If Live locked players from collections are inactive does a team still qualify to be OLP?
5. Is there a cap on spending?

Old 09-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #340
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not in OL, but the first post of the "Looking for friends..." OL thread has all your answers:

1 & 2: All 2019 and future cards (2019 Live, 2019 All-Star, Future Legend, POTM) are ineligible.

3: All pre-2019 cards (including past years of current players) are eligible.

4: Inactive cards in your collection are OK.

5: $0. F2P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Anyone interested in playing Perfect Team 20 our way?

We are a group of PT fans who enjoy playing the same way.

We play for free.

The ONLY PP we use is the PP that is earned from achievements in our games and from selling off any baseball cards that we don't want; we don't buy additional PP to use.

We choose to play and NOT use any baseball cards that are of players from the 2019 Live , 2019 All-Star, Future Legend, or 2019 POTM (Player of the Month) cards sets.

That means we only use players that can be found on the following cards:

One-Hit Wonder
Rookie Sensation
All-Time Legend
Historical All-Star
Record-Breaker
Unsung Heroes
Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Eligible Card Sets: One Hit Wonder, Legend, Record Breaker, Negro League Stars, All Star (Non 2019), Special Edition, Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Not Eligible Card Sets for OL Play: MLB 2019, MLB 2019 All-Stars, & MLB 2019 POTM

If you are interested in playing the way we play, and you agree to not buy any additional PP, and only use players from the card sets listed above, let us know as we'd like for you to join our "Group of Friends".

Also, even if you only play era specific players, you are more than welcome to join up.

For example, if you enjoy playing with all pre 1980 players, or all pre WWII players, then you will easily fit into our "Group of Friends".

Just let us know.

Thanks in Advance,

Bottom of the Sixth

Always current "Our Friends" Roster:

Our Friends Roster

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote