Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
eldur00
All Star Reserve

So I imported two leagues from 19...

The first one is an historical game from 1991, so typical MLB from that era and everything imported fine and everything looks the same as it did in 19.

The second league...not so much. It's a fictional league. The first thing I noticed when I first got into the game is that apparently it generated immediate scouting reports on that day. And all batters are now evaluated as being A LOT stronger than they were before (Some gained 30-40 points (out of 100) in contact or power). The problem is that pitchers don't seem to have gained as much if at all, so I'm afraid this will completely unbalance my league. I play out every game, so I played one game and of course can't really tell by one game if it's affecting anything.

I checked all the settings, they are all the same as they were in 19, so what is going on here ? Why is everyone on steroids all of a sudden ? Is that expected ? I've never noticed anything like that after an import before, and if the issue is the import, then why was my historical game not affected ? Is it related to scouting ?

If someone has ideas, I'd welcome them...I'm at a bit of a loss.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
The first one is an historical game from 1991, so typical MLB from that era and everything imported fine and everything looks the same as it did in 19.

The second league...not so much. It's a fictional league. The first thing I noticed when I first got into the game is that apparently it generated immediate scouting reports on that day. And all batters are now evaluated as being A LOT stronger than they were before (Some gained 30-40 points (out of 100) in contact or power). The problem is that pitchers don't seem to have gained as much if at all, so I'm afraid this will completely unbalance my league. I play out every game, so I played one game and of course can't really tell by one game if it's affecting anything.

I checked all the settings, they are all the same as they were in 19, so what is going on here ? Why is everyone on steroids all of a sudden ? Is that expected ? I've never noticed anything like that after an import before, and if the issue is the import, then why was my historical game not affected ? Is it related to scouting ?

If someone has ideas, I'd welcome them...I'm at a bit of a loss.
I noticed this as well. Not every player, but many got major bumps in talent. Several players have already broken the previous home run record in the first season
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Anyone has any idea why my league's batters all got on steroids after importing from 19 ?
Old 03-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
Anyone has any idea why my league's batters all got on steroids after importing from 19 ?
This is scary... I have a long-running league that I would certainly not like for the ratings to drastically change like this.

I always buy the latest version, but hold off until the final patch that usually comes in July before I use the new version.... that way most of the kinks and flaws have been fixed.

Keep posting about this if it is not fixed.

Thanks for the report.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
This is scary... I have a long-running league that I would certainly not like for the ratings to drastically change like this.

I always buy the latest version, but hold off until the final patch that usually comes in July before I use the new version.... that way most of the kinks and flaws have been fixed.

Keep posting about this if it is not fixed.

Thanks for the report.

I will. I'm just waiting to see if anyone has anything concrete to say. I don't mind waiting if it's an issue and it's going to get fixed, I can always play my historical game and play the fictional in 19 in the meantime, I don't mind doing that...as long as it gets fixed. That's the fictional league with my 4 levels of pro/rel I spent so many hours getting right (part of it was fighting with the issue with scheduling in 19 that got fixed a few months ago).
Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
italyprof
All Star Reserve

If this thread was based on the beta version, the contact ratings got fixed before release of the definitive version. If this happened after the release of the main game, maybe it counts as a big.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

good idea to post this in the bug forum, with as many details as you think relevant. It will get looked at there by one of the developers - most likely sooner than later. They may need your .lg files to see if some setting got changed in the conversion to 20.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #8
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I don't see it. I imported my 19 into 20. Import was on Jan 1st 1921. Played through to the end of WS in 1921.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
I don't see it. I imported my 19 into 20. Import was on Jan 1st 1921. Played through to the end of WS in 1921.

That's an historical league, yes ? As I said in my original post, my historical league is fine. It's my fictional one that got messed up.

Thanks for the suggestion to post it in the bug forums. It got thoroughly ignored there as well, so I deleted my league and started over .
Old 03-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #10
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

I would like to see some closure on this issue before I make a decision to pull the trigger on XX. This seems like an important issue if, indeed, it is an issue.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #11
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I move far too slowly with my fictional league to offer any definitive feedback here.
But I can say that while I did experience some small shifting of ratings (likely due to some changes in the scouting process) after bringing my save over to 20, I haven't experience anything concerning.

Moving forward with a new season (again, far too small a sample size to offer proof of anything) and things seem pretty usual to me.

This is not meant as any kind of refutation of what others are experiencing. But maybe some comfort for those alarmed at the thought of transferring over their fictional universe to 20.
My advice would be, as always, of course, back up, back up, back up. And you could, to be on the safe side create a second backup of your fictional save as a test league and transfer that over to 20 and sim forward a bit to see if anything looks seriously off before transferring it over for continuation.

Me, I'm not one bit concerned about how my W.P. Kinsella League looks after being shifted over to 20.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #12
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I move far too slowly with my fictional league to offer any definitive feedback here.
But I can say that while I did experience some small shifting of ratings (likely due to some changes in the scouting process) after bringing my save over to 20, I haven't experience anything concerning.

Moving forward with a new season (again, far too small a sample size to offer proof of anything) and things seem pretty usual to me.

This is not meant as any kind of refutation of what others are experiencing. But maybe some comfort for those alarmed at the thought of transferring over their fictional universe to 20.
My advice would be, as always, of course, back up, back up, back up. And you could, to be on the safe side create a second backup of your fictional save as a test league and transfer that over to 20 and sim forward a bit to see if anything looks seriously off before transferring it over for continuation.

Me, I'm not one bit concerned about how my W.P. Kinsella League looks after being shifted over to 20.
Must agree with Birdwatcher, I play out all my team's games in my long-running fictional league so things likewise move slowly but I've not seen anything untoward so far. Will post again if anything appears out of whack!
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:29 PM   #13
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

I have a league in OOTP 18 which I'd like to import (I skipped 19). I guess my questions are -- first, am I out of luck? I'm suspecting the answer to this would be "yes". And second, even if there is a way, do we know that the resultant import would be statistically valid? Mine is not a fictional league, but it is fairly heavily modified. (It's MLB expanded to 32 teams...plus I modded the world file to include a fictional country with its own six-team league.)

Visit The Boardwalk for Sports, Gaming, and other talk!
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #14
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriole^ View Post
I have a league in OOTP 18 which I'd like to import (I skipped 19). I guess my questions are -- first, am I out of luck? I'm suspecting the answer to this would be "yes". And second, even if there is a way, do we know that the resultant import would be statistically valid? Mine is not a fictional league, but it is fairly heavily modified. (It's MLB expanded to 32 teams...plus I modded the world file to include a fictional country with its own six-team league.)

First, if you want to import to XX, you'll have to get 19 first (demo should do if it's still available).

Second, I could only identify scouting as the different variable between my two leagues.

I'm not trying to deter anyone from getting the game, others have had no issue importing their leagues and that's great. I did, and saw no resolution, so I deleted and moved on. I sadly can't say if you will or will not have an issue. I'm still playing and enjoying my historical league I've imported from 19 without an issue.

I too, move slowly and I play out all my games. When I saw the jump in ratings, I did not want to invest time into something that suddenly looked broken (can you blame me ?). All of a sudden, almost every single batter in my league was a 5 star potential. I recreated a league from scratch in 20 using the exact same structure and everything looks fine now, so I'll go with that.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:07 PM   #15
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
There is no import feature in OOTP 19 demo just a heads up
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote