Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #41
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

It's only ever the Royals. For years, I've tried to start a franchise as some other team...but I always come home. It feels like I'm cheating on them if I don't stay #ForeverRoyal.
christophermichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #42
legofarley
Major Leagues

In MLB it's always the Mariners for me. It should be fun given the trade flurry that just happened in Seattle.

But I'm also planning a new fictional/history league with AL, NL, PCL, and Negro League teams all at the Majors level starting in 1945.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #43
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Along with playing my various league that I have played for years I will play a 1919 White Sox replay game for game.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #44
jpontzer93
Bat Boy

I'll have several games going.

The main one will be with the Pirates. I manage each game (I do substitutions only; I let the manager do the rest), and let the assistant GM handle call-ups/downs and minor league FA signings, except for my top prospects (2.5 star potential or above), which I disable AI promotions/demotions for.

The second game I do (I've tried to do this format several times, but never follow through because I get lazy) will be World Series or bust for 2019. I'll takeover whoever I feel like the best/most fun team is for the year (looking at maybe LAD, PHI, BOS or NYY because of the big markets). I'll play the season 1 day at a time in real time, playing each day like I do in my PIT series, and handling the minors the same way as well. I'll trade away any prospects as needed to make the 2019 club better, going for it all, as I will not be continuing after the season's done. Wish me luck with this one.

I'll probably takeover a rebuilding/hot young team with good prospects (looking at probably SD for this one). I really won't manage any of the games for this one (except for playoffs, opening days, and top prospect debuts). For this one I sim 3 days at a time (so I can keep an eye on waivers) and manage the prospects as I do above.

I'll also probably take over the Washington Wild Things in the independent Frontier League for some extra fun.

I always want to do a historical game with the Pirates in the early-mid 2000s (I always look at 2007-8, when the Bucs had Bay, Nady, McLouth, Bautista, LaRoche, Sanchez, Wilson, Doumit, but no pitching at all) for some nostalgia, but I always find myself getting frustrated at roster inaccuracies and quit when I find them (i.e., J. Karstens and Jose Tabata have been on the Pirates in the beginning of 2008 games, even though they were acquired in the Nady trade later that year)

Last edited by jpontzer93; 03-17-2019 at 04:25 PM.
jpontzer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #45
Brennan
Minors (Triple A)

I hate them, but in memory of my recently deceased grandfather I will use the New York Yankees and name my character after him.
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #46
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I've gone fictional almost exclusively ...

But each year I start a sim with the 1901 season hoping to watch all the all-time greats play and a sim where I sim until 1969 to take over the Seattle Pilots and eventually the Brewers.

Unfortunately I usually don't get far ... but hey, maybe this year is "next year"?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #47
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Angry what a drought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legofarley View Post
In MLB it's always the Mariners for me. It should be fun given the trade flurry that just happened in Seattle.

But I'm also planning a new fictional/history league with AL, NL, PCL, and Negro League teams all at the Majors level starting in 1945.
Making the Mariners (or the Giants for that matter) a winner in 2-3 years will certainly be a challenge in OOTPXX (heck in real life it might take another decade, ugh!). 17 years and counting eh?
Old 03-17-2019, 05:17 PM   #48
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #49
EarlWeaver4
Bat Boy

I thought about playing the Rays and moving them to Montreal to return as the Expos. I think it would be fun to play in the same division as Toronto and to see the return of the Expos.
EarlWeaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #50
EarlWeaver4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
As an Orioles fan I try not to use my favorite team but they’re so bad the rebuild project might be worth using them even though I always say I’m going to try someone else and then go back to them but this task might be worth it.
Rebuilding projects can be frustrating, but they also can be fun. I'm GM of the Orioles in OOTP19 and it's been rough to say the least especially the Chris Davis contract. However, it also is fun to have a challenge and the Baltimore Orioles certainly are that.
EarlWeaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #51
mavericktango
Major Leagues

I will be diving straight into the new European leagues, probably France first but maybe seeing how easy it is to combine that season with a European tournament featuring teams from France, Spain, Germany and Italy
Old 03-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #52
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Huge BoSox fan but it’s never fun when you’re a top team and especially defending champs. Only way you can go is down.

I’ve always enjoyed the rebuilding aspect of the game. So, I think I’m going to decide between KC and BAL. Two of the toughest AL rebuilds for sure. Neither organization has a a lot of top prospects or even good prospects that are close to ready.

I’m leaning slightly to KC because it’s fascinating how they went from being a strong team for a 2-year run to a complete rebuild. Maybe I’ll get lucky and ownership will change while I’m there so maybe they’ll actually start expanding the payroll.

Last year, I played as Detroit. I am in my 11th year and finally won a WS in Year 9. Thanks to an MVP year from Acuna Jr. who we paid big bucks for in FA in Year 6 or 7. I’ll also be carrying that save over and keeping that going in hopes of winning another ring. We are still inside the window of contention.

Last edited by thesmokeshow; 03-17-2019 at 11:13 PM.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 PM   #53
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Always the Red Sox. I play with the Orioles for more of a challenge, sometimes, but I always come back to my favorite team.

Definitely some interesting aspects with the Sox. Do Sale and Price hold up? How much $ will Betts want? Who is going to be the closer? Can Devers and Benintendi improve? Who is the starting catcher? Then you have some tough decisions on whether to throw long term deals at Bogaerts and JBJ, or see if they will take shorter deals, or just trade them. The farm system is average, but has no great, immediate pitching prospects.

Should be fun and I can't wait!
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #54
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

question: if you start out as a minor league manager (singe A), will you receive promotions/job offers based on your success?

it's always something I've wanted to try.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote