Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #61
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Patience is a virtue, yes, but a dozen closed threads on the first page of this forum is not a good sign nor is it conducive to good customer relations. It smacks of arrogance and the fellow who is doing most, if not all, of the closing should think about restraining himself. Being appointed a moderator does not give one the right to arbitrarily curtail free speech when it suits him.

- Bru

Old 01-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #62
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Obviously it does give him that right as he has exercised it !! Ignoring customer requests for info is simply BAD BUSINESS and extreme arrogance !!
Old 01-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #63
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Heh, let's see how fast he closes this one.

- Bru

Old 01-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #64
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Hmmm..it seems people are confusing "moderator" with "person who has control over whether there's an update and/or information about when the game might be released." I assure you, the two are not remotely the same.

The "can we get an update" thread was started nearly two months ago, and discussion of the lack of an update had spilled into multiple other threads, with the same basic back-and-forth talking points. My personal feelings about when we should get another update are immaterial, as it seems 100% clear at this point that..

1. We're not getting an update based on the community asking for one--but that instead it will be when {Jim?/Markus?/whomever makes that decision?} decides that it's an appropriate time. (I mean, it has been nearly two months--no way at this point that it's an oversight or something they haven't had time to do. I have to assume it's a conscious decision.)

2. The continued discussion of whether there *should* be another update has run its course, in the sense that there aren't going to be any new points made or minds changed. Are we not just recycling the same arguments?

Therefore, I closed the threads--because it seems silly to me to keep going back and forth about whether there should be an update for days/weeks/months on end.*

That said, it folks really want to keep at this,. I'll move all of the posts asking for an update and discussing whether there should be one (including all of this thread) into the "can we get an update" thread, and people can have at it. Heck, come to think about it, I guess if I do that, I can re-open those other update threads so that people who only check every few months/years can see the latest info from the dev team and weigh in on that stuff rather than the pros and cons of an update.

*--Don't read anything remotely official or even speculative into that "days/weeks/months on end." As far as I know, they could release the game tomorrow, or Fall 2021, or never. I'm a volunteer mod, not an employee of OOTPDev. I know nothing more than anyone else here about a potential release timeline.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 01-20-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #65
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

OK. I *think* I've consolidated this discussion into one place here now. If you wish to weigh in on the merger or the specifics of Jim's update from September, those threads are re-opened. If the desire is to request another update or discuss whether there should be another update, this thread is the place.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #66
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

There's hope for you yet, Mr. Key Person who has moderating powers. I thought you had simply deleted the other thread because you didn't like what you read there. Kudos to you for refraining and taking this stance instead.

I am a moderator on another game forum and I learned early-on to let people talk as long as they did not become abusive to the game, the developers, or each other, and as long as they did not troll. It's better to let people talk for a couple of reasons.

First, it shows interest in the game, even when people are complaining about "Where is it?" ad infinitum. Have patience. Maybe you get tired of seeing it, but OOTPD and FOF should be overjoyed that people can't wait.

Second, letting people grouse a bit gets it off their chests. Just assure them that progress is being made, please be patient in order for us to have a quality product, etc. etc. If you don't want to do it, then let others do so because there are always those people around, willing and eager to be optimistic cheerleaders.

But to just shut down threads because johnny-come-latelys ask the same questions over and over sends the wrong message. Like, there actually is some doubt that the game will ever be released and you don't want that possibility discussed.

So my advice is, ease up a bit and let the folks have their say.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-20-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #67
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Patience is a virtue, yes, but a dozen closed threads on the first page of this forum is not a good sign nor is it conducive to good customer relations. It smacks of arrogance and the fellow who is doing most, if not all, of the closing should think about restraining himself. Being appointed a moderator does not give one the right to arbitrarily curtail free speech when it suits him.
Believe me, he is Known for this type of behavior, and really should not be a moderator here IMO.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 01-21-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #68
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

We have had so many false dawns with games such as this, is does make you wonder a little due to the silence if something has gone wrong and there will be a huge delay or no game. The excitement in the leagues i play in is certainly dwindling but i guess that will change to some degree if this EVER gets released.

I think everyone knows the best form of marketing is word of mouth and when people stop talking about a product that's normally not a good thing and people are not really talking about this outside of here that much from i what i see. Oh well

Last edited by thefatcat; 01-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #69
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If it's being delayed because they are also developing a pro basketball game then that would be ok by me.

I am not even thinking of a pro football game at the present time so when it does come out then it will be a big surprise.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #70
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
It smacks of arrogance and the fellow who is doing most, if not all, of the closing should think about restraining himself. Being appointed a moderator does not give one the right to arbitrarily curtail free speech when it suits him.
That's not what free speech is
Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #71
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmebrad View Post
That's not what free speech is
So, Brad, you seem to be an expert. Want to tell us how this definition shown below is different from what we have been talking about here? And enlighten us, please, as to what you found so humorous so that we may share in your amusement:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 01-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #72
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Skydog you are a dictator sometimes.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #73
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Skydog you are a dictator sometimes.
In fact, I am asking OOTPD to please consider removing his as a moderator, as he has a long history of this type of behavior (maybe not here...but certainly when it comes to FOF) and I am pretty confident a number of people here will automatically have issues with him (myself included) because of his past interactions with them. In other words just because FOF is now under the OOTPD umbrella, doesn't mean it's necessarily a fresh start when it comes to the way this certain moderator has behaved in the past. You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #74
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Talking to a deaf ear PSUColonel !!!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #75
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Talking to a deaf ear PSUColonel !!!
I don't care about updates, as the developers will share when they are ready...my issue is with a moderator who feels it's his right to curtail speech on a consistent basis. I am also not saying there aren't instances where this may be completely appropriate. (violation of forum rules and/ or other blantant infractions of forum policy) However, this man seems to think he's the arbitrator of those rules to the point...where of he tires of people's thoughts, or disagrees with them, then he is going to start with his rabid censorship. (I.E. closing threads, removing posts, and banning forum members)
Old 01-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #76
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I don't care about updates, as the developers will share when they are ready...my issue is with a moderator who feels it's his right to curtail speech on a consistent basis. I am also not saying there aren't instances where this may be completely appropriate. (violation of forum rules and/ or other blantant infractions of forum policy) However, this man seems to think he's the arbitrator of those rules to the point...where of he tires of people's thoughts, or disagrees with them, then he is going to start with his rabid censorship. (I.E. closing threads, removing posts, and banning forum members)
Nail. On. The. Head.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #77
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

“Jim is a mad genius and if you don’t agree with this I will end this thread.”

I try to keep a positive outlook, I really do, but we’ve had a project stalled before (for reasons out of just the company’s control, of course, but we faced this same delay and obfuscation), and people at OOTPD just simply don’t provide any updates for this project. Jim liked some posts defending him when we asked for an update, but he can’t provide any update on the product he’s working on.

I’m just tired. Tired of people thinking it’s okay to never communicate with their fan base. Tired of people relying on their loyal fans to do the work for them. Tired of this game not being released.

We faced the same issues with OOTP before they really got it together around their annual releases. I remember annual OOTP releases having expected release dates that would be pushed out weeks, if not months, with little to no communication. I’m tired of it.

Last edited by Zeppelin462; 01-23-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #78
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Not to be contentious. Free speech on a private or public forum is not a guaranteed right but solely the discretion of those who run or moderate said forum. Just sayin'.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #79
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Everybody calm down...this game is likely months away...and if I had to guess...I could easily see an August 2019 release which would coincide with a new NFL season. It doesn’t make any sense to release this type of game in the spring (rivaling OOTP 20) and it gives the developers that much more time to work on the project.
Doubt it'll be released until 2020 considering how well PT is doing.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #80
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Probably Fall 2020 or 2021 if we're lucky.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.