Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Playoff Tree Bug

Or at least I think this would be considered a bug. So, I have an 18 team, 2 conference, 4 division league. All went well until the playoffs were generated.

The playoff tree shows the winner of the Eastern Conference #1 and #4 seed playing the winner of the Western Conference #2 and #3 seed in the first round on one side of the bracket and the Western #1 and #4 winner playing the Eastern #2 and #3 on the other side of the bracket.

Why is there a conference crossover in the playoffs? So now there's a high chance that 2 teams from the same conference could play for the Cup. I have my game saved right before the playoff tree is generated in case there's a fix before I advance. I attached pictures to help explain.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I don't think that's intentional, something's going wrong there. We'll have a look at it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #3
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I don't think that's intentional, something's going wrong there. We'll have a look at it.
Is this something you guys will check on your end or do I need to do something to help?
Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Nope, I was able to replicate it. Probably just something reversed in the code for that particular playoff type.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Nope, I was able to replicate it. Probably just something reversed in the code for that particular playoff type.
Figures I pick the one league messed up, haha. Ok, so is this a simple fix that can be applied for my active save game? As I said, I haven't advanced to where it sets the playoff tree yet. I did a shutdown on FHM4 after I took those screenshots to keep it from saving.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

In this case, I'm guessing it's probably going to be stuck that way even after an update - the playoff rule data will be stored during setup and nothing alters it after that, so I don't think there's anyway for a fix to change it in mid-game.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
In this case, I'm guessing it's probably going to be stuck that way even after an update - the playoff rule data will be stored during setup and nothing alters it after that, so I don't think there's anyway for a fix to change it in mid-game.
That... sucks...
Old 12-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #8
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

I had a similar issue in a Historical Game in the mid 70's. First Round playoffs always showed the bottom half of the rounds as blank ( I could see the top half) but all subsequent rounds showed up fine.
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:28 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Do you mean the preliminary round that starts in 74-75? That's how it's supposed to look, the divisional winners get a bye to the second round, so both of the first two rounds only have four series.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 AM   #10
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

That's probably what it was. Wasn't familiar with the playoff format for the year. I think it happened in at least 2 years though.
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

I'm glad I mentioned this when I did because it was fixed in the latest release and when I advanced to the playoffs in my existing league it worked! Didn't have to restart which is awesome! Thanks guys