Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

18.5.57 Update Lost all Minor Leagues

Updated to 18.5.57 on Mac. It placed all of my players on the active roster, deleted all of the minor leagues and since I was at the first year player draft, there are no major league teams to do the draft, even though I can see all the MLB teams.

I wonder if the Windows version did the same or is it just reserved to Mac?
drowssap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

That's unlikely to be from the update, Mac or Windows, there's nothing about it that would've caused that to happen.

It sounds like something got corrupted with the league or something else weird happened and it was a coincidence that the update came at the same time.

Can you upload the league files for us to check out? Instructions are in my sig. Open a support ticket once you've done so and let me know what you named the league.

You can also try restoring your league from the auto-save function, instructions on doing that follow:

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

Now start the game and load your league. If it's successful, it will display a message letting you know it's cleaning up text files. This might take several minutes to complete (or even longer if the auto-save backup is older, like from the beginning of the year).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-11-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

I tried your suggestion but still the same issue. I have 150 reserve players LOL

I am ftp'ing the .dat files to you. It will be called "unemplyed bug"

If you need more, please let me know.

Thank you!!
Old 06-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

P.S. I also created the ticket and put the link to this thread in the description.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #5
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

Any update?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowssap View Post
Any update?
Did you get my emailed reply to the support ticket?

I'll include a version of what I said there here...

This happens naturally in a historical game because once you hit 2017, there's no longer any historical data in the db for the game to draw from on the minor leagues. So everything just kind of resets once the historical db runs out.

That being said, it might not be the best design to have that happen, it would be nice if we could just keep the already existing minors and let you play on in a fictional league.

I've actually suggested that we change the design to do that in the future, but this is pretty much just how historical play ends at the moment.

So this isn't really a bug, it's just kind of how historical play works at the moment.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
henry296
All Star Reserve

The workaround is to turn off import real minors before the 2016 season starts. It will then keep the minors.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #8
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

Never got the e-mail of this and tonight is the first night I have been on the forums since. Sorry about that.

I understand. It does need a fix. I mean, you just can't have it just end like that, so your suggestion might be the best way to handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Did you get my emailed reply to the support ticket?

I'll include a version of what I said there here...

This happens naturally in a historical game because once you hit 2017, there's no longer any historical data in the db for the game to draw from on the minor leagues. So everything just kind of resets once the historical db runs out.

That being said, it might not be the best design to have that happen, it would be nice if we could just keep the already existing minors and let you play on in a fictional league.

I've actually suggested that we change the design to do that in the future, but this is pretty much just how historical play ends at the moment.

So this isn't really a bug, it's just kind of how historical play works at the moment.