Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Achievements in Challenge Mode while not logged in

I played a few games in challenge mode without realizing that I wasn't logged in. The result is that there are a whole bunch of achievements (more than 10 of them) that I can't get to activate now despite the fact that I've accomplished them several times:
bjohn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We're looking into this but it would help if you can you clarify this a little!

I'm understanding you to mean that the achievements you got while not logged in are somehow bugged now, and now aren't recognized by the game even when you achieve them when logged in.

Is that an accurate description of the issue or no?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We're looking into this but it would help if you can you clarify this a little!

I'm understanding you to mean that the achievements you got while not logged in are somehow bugged now, and now aren't recognized by the game even when you achieve them when logged in.

Is that an accurate description of the issue or no?
That is correct.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

Can you give use the link to your challenge profile and some names of those bugged achievements?
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not exactly sure how to link to my profile. The link shown is https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.com/profile . That sounds to me like a generic link that would work for anyone's profile, though. My username is bjohn13, just as it is here on the Forum. Some of the awards that I have earned but won't display despite earning them several more times include:

"Flavor of the Week"-First Player of the Week Award
"The Next Generation"-First Draft Pick
"Dealmaker"-First Trade
"It's Outta Here!"-First Home Run

There are several more, but I hope that's enough to get you started.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Due to the way that they are tracked and stored, the "First XXX" like you have listed above will not fire when they have already fired for the save. So, for example, the "first home run" will only trigger when you first hit a home run in a challenge mode save file. If you are not logged in at that time, then you will unfortunately not get credit for the achievement in your online profile.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Due to the way that they are tracked and stored, the "First XXX" like you have listed above will not fire when they have already fired for the save. So, for example, the "first home run" will only trigger when you first hit a home run in a challenge mode save file. If you are not logged in at that time, then you will unfortunately not get credit for the achievement in your online profile.
The problem is that I have achieved about half of the challenges while not logged in. And then I have achieved them dozens of more times while I am logged in, but I am not getting credit for them. My take is that once you achieve one of the achievements while not logged in, that achievement becomes unachieveable. Which, unfortunately, kind of ruins the whole concept of the challenge mode.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is this still something that was being looked into? If it isn't, then about 2/3 of my challenge achievements will be unachieveable, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having the challenge mode in the first place.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohn13 View Post
Is this still something that was being looked into? If it isn't, then about 2/3 of my challenge achievements will be unachieveable, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having the challenge mode in the first place.
It's still on our list!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #10
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

Like Matt already said only the twelve "First XXX" and the three "Milestone Win" achievements can be achieved once per save game. Every other of the 63 achievements you can get multiple times.

Unfortunate if you missed one or multiple of these achievements the only way to save them to your online profile is to start a new game.
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
JustinM
Major Leagues

I didn't even know logging in was a thing until today. Challenge mode now seems to be pointless for me, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Marquardt View Post
Like Matt already said only the twelve "First XXX" and the three "Milestone Win" achievements can be achieved once per save game. Every other of the 63 achievements you can get multiple times.

Unfortunate if you missed one or multiple of these achievements the only way to save them to your online profile is to start a new game.
You say unfortunate, I say game-breaking. I don't start multiple new games because there's only so much time in my day and I like to make it as far as possible. It's clear that these achievements and seasons are saved *somewhere*, so why not sync all of this?

Last edited by JustinM; 06-27-2017 at 06:15 PM.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
I didn't even know logging in was a thing until today. Challenge mode now seems to be pointless for me, yes?

You say unfortunate, I say game-breaking. I don't start multiple new games because there's only so much time in my day and I like to make it as far as possible. It's clear that these achievements and seasons are saved *somewhere*, so why not sync all of this?
There are a few problems with that:
1. You may have earned that achievement while logged in to another account, so if we went to give retroactive credit, then it could lead to other forms of cheating.
2. We would have to check every time you load the game that the achievement was logged, so that extra overhead may be a problem.
3. We want to prevent double-counting of achievements. We have put in extra measures to prevent that, but if you allow retroactive claiming of achievements that adds another level of complexity.
4. There are some details that we pass to the server that are only available the moment that an achievement is achieved. If we wanted to give retroactive credit, so we would have to change things to store extra details each time you get an achievement.

We'll certainly take this under consideration as we move forward, but as it currently stands, you must be logged in to get credit for achievements and season scores. Also keep in mind that this is the first iteration - we want to be sure the core details are solid first, and as we move forward, we will revise and update things.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote