Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #101
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
So you aren't going to use recalc?
I have chose whole career when i se up the league and left the 3 year recalc checked. I thought the option to mport based on the whole career and then recalc after each year based on every 3 years was to keep a players ratings closer to his stats at at that point in his career. Like before when Babe Ruth would not always develop into the hr king even though he was imported based on his whole career.
Anyway the sim stats have always been in the ballpark for me doing it this way but its just with random debut im not sure how the rookies are being rated.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #102
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Heres what im seeing Joe McGinnity come in at 1872 rookie draft.
He should have more years in his real stats tab.
Attached Images
Old 02-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #103
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Heres what im seeing Joe McGinnity come in at 1872 rookie draft.
He should have more years in his real stats tab.
I notice all the stats are cutting off after 1902 (Wagner and McGinnity to be precise). What's your maximum season in your random debut settings? Obviously, your minimum is "No minimum" so you can get the National Association guys, but what's your maximum?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 PM   #104
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I notice all the stats are cutting off after 1902 (Wagner and McGinnity to be precise). What's your maximum season in your random debut settings? Obviously, your minimum is "No minimum" so you can get the National Association guys, but what's your maximum?
its no minimum to 1899
Old 02-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #105
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
its no minimum to 1899
So the maximum is set to 1899? I think that may be what's causing this. I know you don't want it to be this way in your game, but try setting the maximum year to "No Maximum" or "2014" and try re-importing any player that you see that's cutting off at 1902 like this.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #106
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Can't believe I'm 40 years in and I'm yet to see a 500 home run guy. 477 the most so far, Vlad Guerrero.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #107
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can't believe I'm 40 years in and I'm yet to see a 500 home run guy. 477 the most so far, Vlad Guerrero.
What are your injury and pos. player fatigue settings? How packed is your schedule? Anything that stops star players from maxing out plate appearances is going to affect milestones. But yeah, that is odd that you haven't seen one in 40 years.

I've got three after 31 years: Frank Robinson, Darryl Strawberry, and Dave Kingman. Reggie Smith and Rocky Colavito will probably get there soon too. As I've said before Reggie is an absolute beast. Mike Schmidt should eventually arrive too. Way too early to predict on Mantle, but he does already have 155 HR through his age 22 season.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #108
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What are your injury and pos. player fatigue settings? How packed is your schedule? Anything that stops star players from maxing out plate appearances is going to affect milestones. But yeah, that is odd that you haven't seen one in 40 years.

I've got three after 31 years: Frank Robinson, Darryl Strawberry, and Dave Kingman. Reggie Smith and Rocky Colavito will probably get there soon too. As I've said before Reggie is an absolute beast. Mike Schmidt should eventually arrive too. Way too early to predict on Mantle, but he does already have 155 HR through his age 22 season.
I use high(realistic modern day). Normal for fatigue.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #109
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Finished up season 40 last night. The Dallas Eagles who came into the league in 1957 as an expansion team won their very first World Series. This leaves Houston(used to be the Boston Green Sox) as the last non expansion team without a ring.

Strange Hall induction following season 40. Jack Clark gets voted in and to say it has me scratching my head is an understatement. Clark hit only .248 over his career with 397 home runs. His WAR was under 50, I think 48. He walked 1500+ times which ranks him in at least the top 5(at work, so can't say for sure, but I think he second all time behind Eddie Collins). He won 5+ Silver Slugger awards and I think 1 MVP. I just didn't expect him to even come close.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #110
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Strange Hall induction following season 40. Jack Clark gets voted in and to say it has me scratching my head is an understatement. Clark hit only .248 over his career with 397 home runs. His WAR was under 50, I think 48. He walked 1500+ times which ranks him in at least the top 5(at work, so can't say for sure, but I think he second all time behind Eddie Collins). He won 5+ Silver Slugger awards and I think 1 MVP. I just didn't expect him to even come close.
I'm having the same issue with two of my favourite players IRL. Jose Bautista and Duane Ward are creeping closer and closer to induction with each passing year (and I have my years on the ballot set to 15 instead of 10). Bautista has 42.4 WAR and 36.1 JAWS, which...I'm sorry...Just doesn't cut it. His offensive numbers are tremendous, but he had a -254.9 career ZR at five different positions, which is positively puke-inspiring. That's 25 wins or so down the drain on defense. If he could've carved that down to a -100 ZR or so, maybe I can see it because he would've been in a much better WAR/JAWS position, but as it stands no.

As for Ward, so far he's the best closer/reliever I've ever seen in my league. It's sooo hard to measure relievers though because their impact innings-wise is so small, and yet importance-wise it's huge. Just ask the RL 1983 and 1984 Toronto Blue Jays (although the 1984 guys didn't stand much of a chance against the steamroller that was that year's Tigers) about how nice it would've been to have a real bullpen instead of a damn hand grenade brigade.

It breaks my heart to say this, but if either of them get in, I'm gonna have to go full on commissioner mode and rip them out.

My HoF now has 22 members after the 1932 election, which had no inductees (Bautista finished highest with 67.1% of the vote, while Ward was next with 56.7%), including RL Tigers Norm "Stormin' Norman" Cash and Victor Martinez, who actually was a starting catcher 1,822 times in my game. Cash went in as a Pirate, and Martinez went in as a Yankee, but Roberto Alomar went in as a Tiger. So...There's that.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #111
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm having the same issue with two of my favourite players IRL. Jose Bautista and Duane Ward are creeping closer and closer to induction with each passing year (and I have my years on the ballot set to 15 instead of 10). Bautista has 42.4 WAR and 36.1 JAWS, which...I'm sorry...Just doesn't cut it. His offensive numbers are tremendous, but he had a -254.9 career ZR at five different positions, which is positively puke-inspiring. That's 25 wins or so down the drain on defense. If he could've carved that down to a -100 ZR or so, maybe I can see it because he would've been in a much better WAR/JAWS position, but as it stands no.

As for Ward, so far he's the best closer/reliever I've ever seen in my league. It's sooo hard to measure relievers though because their impact innings-wise is so small, and yet importance-wise it's huge. Just ask the RL 1983 and 1984 Toronto Blue Jays (although the 1984 guys didn't stand much of a chance against the steamroller that was that year's Tigers) about how nice it would've been to have a real bullpen instead of a damn hand grenade brigade.

It breaks my heart to say this, but if either of them get in, I'm gonna have to go full on commissioner mode and rip them out.

My HoF now has 22 members after the 1932 election, which had no inductees (Bautista finished highest with 67.1% of the vote, while Ward was next with 56.7%), including RL Tigers Norm "Stormin' Norman" Cash and Victor Martinez, who actually was a starting catcher 1,822 times in my game. Cash went in as a Pirate, and Martinez went in as a Yankee, but Roberto Alomar went in as a Tiger. So...There's that.
I thought about stepping in on Clark and removing him, but in the end I decided to stay hands off. Meanwhile, Whitaker is hovering in the low to mid 60's in votes. I have to think he's in soon. Jim Kaat is also hovering right alongside Whitaker. Patrick Corbin, Joe Morgan and Ty Cobb are all shoe ins, but they refuse to retire. Cobb is my first hitter to reach 100+ WAR and Morgan is in the 90's himself.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #112
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought about stepping in on Clark and removing him, but in the end I decided to stay hands off. Meanwhile, Whitaker is hovering in the low to mid 60's in votes. I have to think he's in soon. Jim Kaat is also hovering right alongside Whitaker. Patrick Corbin, Joe Morgan and Ty Cobb are all shoe ins, but they refuse to retire. Cobb is my first hitter to reach 100+ WAR and Morgan is in the 90's himself.
Maybe it's just me...(probably) but Lou Whitaker just doesn't get enough respect in this game. I've had to put him on a couple of All-Star teams where it was obvious he deserved it. Meanwhile, I have to keep rippin' lunks like Russell Branyan off All-Star teams. Yeah, he can hit 30 HR in a season in his sleep, but that's not all there is to playing baseball at a high level. /rant over
Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #113
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Frank Robinson retired with 112.5 WAR, while Reggie "The Shreveport Slammer" (TM) Smith sits right behind him with 111.5 WAR (having already passed him in JAWS). Cal Ripken and Mike Schmidt are gaining on that pair. Ripken has 93.9 WAR, while Schmidt has 90.0 WAR.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #114
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe it's just me...(probably) but Lou Whitaker just doesn't get enough respect in this game. I've had to put him on a couple of All-Star teams where it was obvious he deserved it. Meanwhile, I have to keep rippin' lunks like Russell Branyan off All-Star teams. Yeah, he can hit 30 HR in a season in his sleep, but that's not all there is to playing baseball at a high level. /rant over
Had to check and Adam Dunn did steal 19 bases in his second season in the bigs. He had 30+ for the 85 season in my league.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #115
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Had to check and Adam Dunn did steal 19 bases in his second season in the bigs. He had 30+ for the 85 season in my league.
That's the thing about locking to 1984 totals...Lots of SB to go around thanks to 22 guys having 31 or more SB that year. Raines led with 75 (just 10 CS...Cooperstown are you listening? Hello?)
Old 02-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #116
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's the thing about locking to 1984 totals...Lots of SB to go around thanks to 22 guys having 31 or more SB that year. Raines led with 75 (just 10 CS...Cooperstown are you listening? Hello?)
I had a guy steal 90 last season.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #117
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had a guy steal 90 last season.
I've had 13 guys do that (like I said lots of SB to go around), including Bob Bescher (who?) three times (108, 102, and 90, plus an 88), and Hans Lobert (again who?) twice. Two guys stole 100+ bases in 1925, Harry Pattee (yet again who?) with 108, and Bescher with 102.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #118
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've had 13 guys do that (like I said lots of SB to go around), including Bob Bescher (who?) three times (108, 102, and 90, plus an 88), and Hans Lobert (again who?) twice. Two guys stole 100+ bases in 1925, Harry Pattee (yet again who?) with 108, and Bescher with 102.
Cool, I haven't had a ton of the big stolen base guys come aboard yet. Lou Brock, Ricky or Raines. Man, my last draft class was premium dullsville. I keep waiting to see Ruth or Aaron or Stan the Man or Koufax or Carlton and Seaver. Ugh!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #119
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool, I haven't had a ton of the big stolen base guys come aboard yet. Lou Brock, Ricky or Raines. Man, my last draft class was premium dullsville. I keep waiting to see Ruth or Aaron or Stan the Man or Koufax or Carlton and Seaver. Ugh!
Ruth was unfortunately in my Inaugural Draft and debuted as a 34 year old with Cincinnati. I haven't seen Brock or Rickey yet, but Raines was also in my Inaugural Draft and debuted as a Senator at age 29, but was dealt mid-season to the Cardinals for Lefty Williams and some scrub. Lefty went on to strike out 3,000+ but is not in my HoF and probably won't get there.

Speaking of lefties, Carlton's the only other one from your list that I've seen so far, and he came in as a 19 year old rookie in 1915. Still going strong in 1932 at age 36, he has a 235-173 record with a 3.15 ERA (126 ERA+), with 3,127 K against just 1,209 BB. So far, this might be his best season, as he's 9-3 with a 2.02 ERA and 105 K against 30 BB, and just 4 HR allowed in 111.1 IP close to the All-Star break. He's a lead pipe cinch for the HoF whenever he chooses to retire.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #120
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I have some fun pitchers to watch right now. Dave Steib, Fernando Valenzuela, Robin Roberts, Whitey Ford and Johan Santana. Eddie Ciccotte as well. Cicotte had a great season in 85. Ron Darling Sid Fernandez and Geoff Zahn are also in the league. Mickey Lolich is having a nice career.