Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

The Official 2015 Chicago Cubs Thread

Now that they have signed Maddon, Hammel and wow...Jon Lester, They might have a legitimate chance to be over .500 this coming season.

After signing Lester, Vegas odds on the Cubs winning the WS went from 40-1 to 12-1. Oddsmakers seem to be putting a lot of faith into this team, or they need to push away from the bar and slowly back away from the bottle of scotch.

As an avid fan, I'm excited, but reasonably cautious. They have some fine prospects and decent starting pitching. They need to shore up the bullpen next.

Any Cubs fans out there?
AnotherAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

I don't really have anything to say but

It's going to be a good year in Chicago. Both sides of town look to be fairly competitive the next few years. I can't remember that last time that happened.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Jordan
All Star Starter

I'm excited. And I've had no reason to be for several years. That in and of itself is an accomplishment.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I travelled extensively to Chicago for work yet by strange circumstances it never seemed to be in baseball season or when either team was home and I was close enough to go. Several times I visited a customer less than a mile from US Cellular Field but never in season.

The wife and I have discussed a road trip. Chicago might be a good choice in 2015.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Jordan
All Star Starter

An additional note. If anyone knows how the central to southern part of Illinois is, that is Cardinal country. I have a family from that part while having grown up closer to the city, being a Cubs fan primarily while simultaneously being a Cardinal fan due to family ties. Insanity, I know

From about the point where Jorge Soler was embarrassing their pitching staff at Busch Stadium with moonshots up to now in the offseason, I've never heard so much chirping from Cardinals fans about how laughable the Cubs fans thinking they've got a chance at playoffs and/or World Series in the coming season(s). I think it is out of nervousness that it might actually come true at their expense. I find it particularly unclassy considering that Cardinals fans are the "best fans in baseball."
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
An additional note. If anyone knows how the central to southern part of Illinois is, that is Cardinal country. I have a family from that part while having grown up closer to the city, being a Cubs fan primarily while simultaneously being a Cardinal fan due to family ties. Insanity, I know

From about the point where Jorge Soler was embarrassing their pitching staff at Busch Stadium with moonshots up to now in the offseason, I've never heard so much chirping from Cardinals fans about how laughable the Cubs fans thinking they've got a chance at playoffs and/or World Series in the coming season(s). I think it is out of nervousness that it might actually come true at their expense. I find it particularly unclassy considering that Cardinals fans are the "best fans in baseball."
Par for the course. Cubs never get any respect and that'll likely continue until they bring home a world series. Even Red Sox fans who should be sympathetic to the pain pile on. Only one way to change that, and that's win a world series. Let's hope Theo and company can make it happen. I'm just excited to have competitive baseball again. Playoffs in 2015 may be a stretch but 2016-17 looks extremely promising.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherAlias View Post
Now that they have signed Maddon, Hammel and wow...Jon Lester, They might have a legitimate chance to be over .500 this coming season.

After signing Lester, Vegas odds on the Cubs winning the WS went from 40-1 to 12-1. Oddsmakers seem to be putting a lot of faith into this team, or they need to push away from the bar and slowly back away from the bottle of scotch.

As an avid fan, I'm excited, but reasonably cautious. They have some fine prospects and decent starting pitching. They need to shore up the bullpen next.

Any Cubs fans out there?
As a Sox fan I hope the Cubs suck. That being said These 2 teams both have good teams going into 2015 and either or both could make the playoffs this year. Cubs need a little bit more pen help and need Baez to cut down on his strikeouts, Kris Bryant to come up eventually and do well.I love Jorge Soler in my EBL vs MLB league and hope he performs as well IRL. Hopefully Lester pitches well for 5 yrs. I would love to see a rematch of 1906. Cubs and Sox have both only made the playoffs twice in history, 1906 & 2008.It could be a fun summer no matter which team you like. The future looks bright.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post

Two types of people I have never met in my life: a millionaire willing to give me $1 million dollars and a classy Cardinals fan.
AnotherAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
gem
Banned

"It is perfectly okay to sell consumers a failing product. The Chicago Cubs have been doing it for a century." - Stephen Colbert
gem is offline   Reply With Quote