Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Slow on a mac?

Hello. I am on a mac. Updated the new patch, but the interface responds slowly now. Any click or highlight or menu happens with a delay. Is that happening to anybody else on a mac? Thank you.
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #42
zonk84
Minors (Triple A)

Just an FYI on the facegen issue for PC --

I originally just DL/IN the patch -- just tried the full version and installed that and do not appear to have any issues.... so at least for the PC, it appears to be the patch-only that has issues. The full version install of 14.6.33 seems to be fine...
zonk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #43
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockies99 View Post
Hello. I am on a mac. Updated the new patch, but the interface responds slowly now. Any click or highlight or menu happens with a delay. Is that happening to anybody else on a mac? Thank you.
Yes, this has been reported to us in the Bug Report Thread (Page 54).

Thanks!

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Thank you!
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #45
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

This may be a stupid question, but did the font change with this update or am I imagining things?

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #46
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
This may be a stupid question, but did the font change with this update or am I imagining things?
Someone else mentioned they thought the font had changed between 14.5 and the previous "buggy" build of 14.6. Can't remember if it was Mac or PC specific.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #47
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
It's definitely different on my iMac. I updated yesterday and the different font was instantly noticeable.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #48
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Version 14.6 with build number 31 (IIRC) had a wrong setting for the font engine, that's true. That's fixed in 14.6.33. All should be well now.

Quote:
It's definitely different on my iMac. I updated yesterday and the different font was instantly noticeable.
So how is it different? Is it worse? What's your OOTP version & build number? Can you send me a screen shot please?
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #49
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockies99 View Post
Yes, it's awful. I hope this is fixed sooner than later.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #50
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Version 14.6 with build number 31 (IIRC) had a wrong setting for the font engine, that's true. That's fixed in 14.6.33. All should be well now.

So how is it different? Is it worse? What's your OOTP version & build number? Can you send me a screen shot please?

The font is definitely less clear on this Mac version- I'm on 14.6.33 on a Mac. Some things go a little slower also, I think particularly when Facegens are loaded. I had skipped the last update so I think my last version was 14.4.
Attached Images

Last edited by jaa36; 11-28-2013 at 10:10 AM.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #51
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I run a Mac and see no slowness. I DID see the font change. Did it change back or did I just get used to it?
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #52
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I run a Mac and see no slowness. I DID see the font change. Did it change back or did I just get used to it?
No, I still see it. Also, the game seems to be running incredibly slow for me. This is also on a mac. Nearly unplayable right now, might have to revert back to an older version if that's possible.

@MisterG90

Last edited by Mister_G; 11-28-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #53
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

Update Woes

I have had OOTP for years and never had a problem like this. OTTP14 was working fine. I got the eMail about the update, so I downloaded and installed the update.

Now, the game runs very very slowly. The menus don't open as before. You click on the menu and wait 3-4 seconds before each menu or each new window opens. It's almost unplayable. I didn't install anything new in the computer, so the issue has to be related to the update.

Is there a way I can reinstall the old version?

I have an iMac 12GB RAM Intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Processor 1TB hard drive.

Will OOTP14 Update#6 work properly on my computer?
joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #54
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeswell View Post
I have had OOTP for years and never had a problem like this. OTTP14 was working fine. I got the eMail about the update, so I downloaded and installed the update.

Now, the game runs very very slowly. The menus don't open as before. You click on the menu and wait 3-4 seconds before each menu or each new window opens. It's almost unplayable. I didn't install anything new in the computer, so the issue has to be related to the update.

Is there a way I can reinstall the old version?

I have an iMac 12GB RAM Intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Processor 1TB hard drive.

Will OOTP14 Update#6 work properly on my computer?
Hi,

Please see my message that was posted yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
For those Mac users who wish to revert back to OOTP 14.5.28 until some issues are fixed, you may do so by clicking the following link:
OOTP14.5 Build 28

This is for Mac users only!

Thanks,
Bowtie

Last edited by Bowtie; 11-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #55
Shawn0531
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is the first time I've updated OOTP 14 on Linux, and I have one question. All of the previous patch updates are included with the latest one correct?
Shawn0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #56
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Bowtie!

Will there be an eMail to users when this "slow down" issue is addressed?
joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #57
Hfthomp
Minors (Single A)

I am too experiencing the crazy slowdown in the new update on my Mac. Crazy! When will this be fixed?
Hfthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #58
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post

Andreas, sorry, I reverted back to a previous build that one of the mods had posted in the tech forum, so I can't post a screenshot. I don't know if the font itself is different, but it's definitely smaller. Honestly, it didn't bother me, but I reverted back to a previous build because of the lagging that a lot of us with OS Mavericks are experiencing. But I could see how the smaller font size would affect some people on a macbook or with poor vision.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #59
Andreas Raht
Administrator

We just uploaded a new build for Mac OS X which fixes two problems that occured in the Mac version of build 14.6.33: wrong font settings and the lagging.

The version number of the new build is 14.6.34. The current PC and Linux version is still 14.6.33 because only the Mac version needed the update.
Please download the new version for Mac OS X here:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...4Installer.dmg
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #60
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Hi,

Please see my message that was posted yesterday.
Is there a way to revert back to older versions for PC owners? I own a Samsung lap top, windows 8 etc, and I get a black screen every time I try to play a game and when there are in-game substitutions. The game has become unplayable.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote