Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #61
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Guys, many good points about SSDs. I got an early model and wore it out, but by following all the suggestions and having backups and a warranty you should be fine using one.

I was a pioneer, and got what pioneers usually get: an arrow to the knee.
Better than a small pox infested blanket
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #62
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon J. Scudworth View Post
Do you have all of these historical unis saved in the saved game folders, and the modern unis (from the all-in-one?) saved in the "main" (for lack of a better word) jersey/caps folder, where the AOI installs them? In the bug thread after the original release of OOTP 14, I noted that in my fictional league, OOTP was not automatically loading the jersey and cap files from their respective folders in the saved game file, as OOTP13 had done. I had to manually load them from within the game. The only ones that automatically loaded for me were from the MLB quickstart. This sounds like it might be the same issue, where the game is drawing from the main folder instead of your saved game-specific folders. The only difference being that in my case, the fictional names are obviously different from the MLB names, so my manually-loaded jerseys and caps have stuck.
I will have to double-check when I get home but that sounds right.

I currently have the historical stuff in a folder structure by year. So I should move the current files to... where? And how do I keep the different ones for the same team seperate when they all have the same name? (I assume that id I rename them, I will still get the same problem with the game reading the worng file).
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #63
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Working great on the Surface now...thought you'd like to know!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #64
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I will have to double-check when I get home but that sounds right.

I currently have the historical stuff in a folder structure by year. So I should move the current files to... where? And how do I keep the different ones for the same team seperate when they all have the same name? (I assume that id I rename them, I will still get the same problem with the game reading the worng file).
There's a great mod out there that's done all the renaming for you - go to FaceGen | OOTPMODS.COM and search for Gambo's Historical MLB Ballcaps/Jerseys Compilations (two separate files). They're already named in the right format so they'll rollover automatically on the first of the year. Just put them in your "OOTP Baseball 14\ballcaps" and "OOTP Baseball 14\jerseys" folders respectively, and you should be good to go (although it may take the game awhile to realize it needs to update).

Gambo also has one for Logos (check the Logos tab of the ootpmods website) that behaves the same way - just put them in "OOTP Baseball 14\logos".

If you prefer the uniforms/jerseys/logos that you are using to the ones in Gambo's pack, that's fine - but taking a look at these files and how they're named will help you figure out how to rename your own to make it work.

Oh and you'll also need software that can open RAR files to extract the uniforms/jerseys/logos from Gambo's packs. I use 7-zip but there are other utilities out there - just google.

Last edited by hefalumps; 09-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #65
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I think that his stuff is what I AM using... put from pre-14 so if naming conventions have changed that would explain it!

I am looking forward to giving this a go!

Thanks!
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #66
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Skyrim reference?
But of course.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #67
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Working great on the Surface now...thought you'd like to know!
That's good news, I'm looking to buy a Pro.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #68
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Better than a small pox infested blanket
That's what they used to GIVE, not GET.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #69
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
So you say OOTP was all you had on that SSD, and since the SSD is now broken, OOTP must have caused it?
It wore out. Sheesh.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #70
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The game is still showing player current star ratings > potential even though I have it set to cut off. I just rescouted everyone and it didnt change. Doesnt matter that much but definitely an annoyance.

Hopefully the 60 day dl bug is actually fixed because that was a game ruiner.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #71
markprior22
All Star Starter

My laptop info:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1B
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 2580MB used, 13697MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.008Hz)
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx 32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2476 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2476
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #72
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-problems.html

Possibly related

Old 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #73
NEcandy
New User

New arrival christian audigier handbags purchase at cheap cost with high quality

Things To Retain In Your HandbagsLeather Handbags are highly helpful with no lady should do without several designer handbags, cheap handbags and leather handbags for various situations. Fortunately you will find a variety of places you'll find handbags on the internet and these will sell designer handbags and then any others you'll need. The significance of handbags is several fold. First of all designer handbags will appear great and they're add-ons that may really increase a dress-up costume. These bankruptcies are not just practical products, but stuff that are part of the good outfit which will compliment your general ensemble. It is important when you purchase designer handbags to make certain that you simply match all of them with clothes you already own which means ensuring they suit your footwear, which they contrast or compliment your dresses. Another reason why handbags are essential, and why it's also wise to have plenty of cheap handbags readily available for dog walking or less glamorous occasions, is they are highly helpful for storing products which is something which nearly all women now could not do without. Women with handbags are nearly like snails transporting their worldly possessions with them also as like scouts ready for everything. But when you've looked for affordable handbags online, exactly what do you devote them? Wish to consider take a look at some essential things to help keep inside. Makeup: Your makeup is essential to keep in handbags and will also make certain that you simply stay searching pristine. Utilizing a mirror you should check how you are supporting during the day, with a tube of lipstick after that you can edit your lips or eyeshadow to make certain that you simply stay searching beautiful and do not 'fade' within the day. You may also make use of this to alter from work mode to 'party mode' and lay the makeup on the little heavier ready for publish-work drinks. First-aid: Just a little first-aid is advisable in handbags which is something simple like paracetamol for that odd Fake Handbags headache, or something like that like bandages and plasters. This is particularly essential for Mums visiting their children's helps. For those who have a particular condition for example bronchial asthma or diabetes then this is when to maintain your inhalers or perhaps your blood insulin. Glasses: For those who have glasses, then this is when you retain them. Even when you do not cheap designer handbags then cheap handbags are helpful for shades by the pool. Cell Phone: The majority of us would not be without our cell phone, which is why you ought to make certain that the designer bags have space of these. A good option to ensure that they're is within a pocket presents itself the bag and ideally one which will zip closed. This will be significant because otherwise someone can certainly steel the telephone, and simultaneously burying them at the end means you are unlikely to listen to them once they ring. Drink and food: Getting snacks you is essential to make certain that you will get that little shot of sugar to help keep you going during the day and water is essential for hydration as well as for washing cuts/ingesting aforementioned paracetamol. Wet Baby wipes: Or antibacterial gel ideal for once you stroked that stray dog or before you need to eat finger food.
NEcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #74
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

Markus,

If you do another update, I'd like to see the base runners speed rating on that popup that asks you if you want to send your runner home. It tells the ball is deep, shallow and the strength of the fielders arm but unless you have every players speed memorized, there is no way of knowing.
Garrett67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #75
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67 View Post
Markus,

If you do another update, I'd like to see the base runners speed rating on that popup that asks you if you want to send your runner home. It tells the ball is deep, shallow and the strength of the fielders arm but unless you have every players speed memorized, there is no way of knowing.
Isn't speed and steal rating shown on the icon that has the players name on it?
Like this...
Attached Images
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #76
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Yes, but sometimes that "Send runner?" dialog box might be blocking the runner on the field. I can't remember if that box is movable or not and don't have the game in front of me to try it.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #77
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

If I remember correctly, the ratings actually disappear during play-by-play (just the names remain).
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #78
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP 14 Update, Version 14.5.28 available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
Isn't speed and steal rating shown on the icon that has the players name on it?
Like this...
It might be but that popout blocks the player on second and I do not believe you can drag that pop up out of the way. I will have to see the next time it happens. But that might be a while because I'm in the off-season

Edit: just saw hefalumps (and Cinnamon)reply. What they said lol

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Garrett67; 09-19-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #79
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
You're right the ratings don't disappear but the box does cover the runner on second on my screen and it's not moveable. So I take back what I pointed out before.

I guess I should be impressed with how well I know my players that I never noticed before.
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #80
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP 14 Update, Version 14.5.28 available!

I just don't play enough and my seasons are 40 games.