Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlefe View Post
Hi.

Not sure if this was actually supposed to be fixed in this interim release, but I still get a black screen in Full Screen mode when loading the game and when pop-ups (historical nostalgia) appear.

Although the bypass of using the "windowed" preference does work, because i'm on a 1366*768 laptop, losing that piece of screen real estate does hurt...
Hey dlefe - I have the same resolution laptop screen and don't like using Full Screen mode (although I don't have the black screen issue you have). What I end up doing is hiding my Windows taskbar just before I open OOTP, and set OOTP Preferences to 1360x768 windowed. This way it will take up the entire screen but still be in windowed mode. Then after it's open, I alt-tab back to the desktop and un-hide the Windows Taskbar. It will now be visible when using other applications, but OOTP will continue to overlap the Windows taskbar when it's open.

I would try that to see if it works around your black screen issue while still giving you the max screen real estate (except for the Windows title bar at the very top). I'd be curious to hear if you start experiencing any issues with FaceGen pictures whenever you minimize and re-maximize the game, though. That's really the only issue I'm currently having with OOTP on my laptop.

Last edited by hefalumps; 09-12-2013 at 01:38 PM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
Hey dlefe - I have the same resolution laptop screen and don't like using Full Screen mode (although I don't have the black screen issue you have). What I end up doing is hiding my Windows taskbar just before I open OOTP, and set OOTP Preferences to 1360x768 windowed. This way it will take up the entire screen but still be in windowed mode. Then after it's open, I alt-tab back to the desktop and un-hide the Windows Taskbar. It will now be visible when using other applications, but OOTP will continue to overlap the Windows taskbar when it's open.

I would try that to see if it works around your black screen issue while still giving you the max screen real estate (except for the Windows title bar at the very top). I'd be curious to hear if you start experiencing any issues with FaceGen pictures whenever you minimize and re-maximize the game, though. That's really the only issue I'm currently having with OOTP on my laptop.
That would likely be a workaround to the full screen / black screen issue, as it seems to be related to whether you actually have full screen selected in preferences. If so, like I said, the next time you start the game, the screen goes black instead of showing you the start menu. The game is out there and running; you just have to Alt-Tab or something to get around the black screen. Then either the game appears or you can click the icon in the taskbar. Your hiding the taskbar will probably work in that your setting remains windowed instead of full screen, but same effect.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Thanks for posting this. I was going to ask about this if nobody posted about it by the end of the day. Disappointed to hear this since there were some changes in the previous build that I was hoping to get. Guess I won't update yet.
The work around is to change your resolution settings to something different (doesn't matter what) as soon as you start up the game.

Runs OK after that, but you have to do it every time you restart - and it shouldn't be like that.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
philthepat

I also have the black screen issue. Im running Windows 8, with Intel HD Graphics 3000.
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts-Rock View Post
I'm running Mac OS X, what is the resolution bug?
I was wondering that as well. I am running OS X and have had no problems (other than the multi-game uniform bug).
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #26
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
The work around is to change your resolution settings to something different (doesn't matter what) as soon as you start up the game.

Runs OK after that, but you have to do it every time you restart - and it shouldn't be like that.
Thanks, I'm aware. To me, that's a pain in the butt and something that hopefully will be fixed.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Gudy2Shoes
Minors (Single A)

I am still getting flickering graphics on the screen during game play. I haven't tested it to be sure, but it seems to happen with the game is processing info in the back ground, either when loading an inning/new batter during a live game, or simming multiple days at a time.
Gudy2Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy2Shoes View Post
I am still getting flickering graphics on the screen during game play. I haven't tested it to be sure, but it seems to happen with the game is processing info in the back ground, either when loading an inning/new batter during a live game, or simming multiple days at a time.
Unless you hear more about this complaint here, it might be something to do with your computer. For example, that flickering could be from a program running in the background (such as your anti-virus; consider temporarily suspending it, going into game mode, or bypassing the OOTP game folders from its inspection).

The reason I say this is, see how a bunch of us have complained about the full screen / black screen issue now? That's what OOTPD looks for to determine if they have a significant and general programming issue. So, keep an eye out here to see if any other folks have described your situation. In the meantime, though, check to see what's running in the background on your computer; look at your anti-virus options; see if your mouse and touchpad are running, calibrated properly and are not conflicting each other; run defrag; maybe even uninstall and reinstall OOTPB to see if that works.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Are you all using Windows 8? Can you please tell me which graphics processor your computer has? Thank you.
I'm on a Windows 7 laptop. I'll edit this post with video info later. It's not a gaming laptop or anything like that.
markprior22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the process of installing this build in my new Ideapad just out of the box. Windows 8 and NVIDIA Geforce video. I hope it works ok.

I have no problems with Win 7 and NVIDIA on my Toshiba.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Are you all using Windows 8? Can you please tell me which graphics processor your computer has? Thank you.
I'm on a Windows 7 laptop. I'll edit this post with video info later. It's not a gaming laptop or anything like that.
markprior22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I was wondering that as well. I am running OS X and have had no problems (other than the multi-game uniform bug).

I used to have that issue but w/last two patches it went away for me

2010 114-48, World Series Champions
2011 109-53, 1st Rd Loss to N.F.
2012. 96-66, 1st Rd Loss to L.A.
2013 112-50, World Series Champions
2014 119-43, World Series Champions
2015 124-38, World Series Champions
2016 111-51, LCS Loss to L.A.
2017 110-52, World Series Champions
2018 101-61, 1st Rd Loss to Baffin Island
2019. 98-64, LCS Loss to Baffin Island
2020 103-59,
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
The Mac OS X resolution bug still exists. So much for that.

Rolling back to 14.3 again.
I am not seeing it
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
dlefe
Minors (Single A)

Hi,

For me, the system specs are: It's Windows 7 64-bit, resolution 1366*768, Lenovo laptop, Nvidia GT 630M & Intel HD Graphics 4000.

This only started happening since the previous patch. I've never had this problem before, but it's also happening with this patch.

I'm current on the NVidia drivers, so I don't get it. Tried running in Full Screen and doing the alt-tab thing for a while, but when the All-Star cards generated, only half the facegens were appearing. Restored my game, went back to Windowed, and re-ran that day, and the cards were perfect.

I don't trust running in Full Screen anymore. Was really hoping that it was fixed, but if you guys can't reproduce, i'm not sure if there will be a solution.....
dlefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #35
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

My problem didn't get fixed, unfortunately:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-problem.html
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
My problem didn't get fixed, unfortunately:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-problem.html
OBSL Commish,

Sorry to hear. I still haven't seen anything like this in my league, and I hope it doesn't crop up - but stuff like that scares me.

Couple of questions:

1) Was this a league imported from an older version of OOTP?
2) Have you tried creating a new league and seeing if that league has the same problem?
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #37
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'm the crash-test dummy. Again.

Running what should be a standard Win7 laptop configuration for most players. I'm going to run a long sim and see what happens.
bwburke94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #38
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
OBSL Commish,

Sorry to hear. I still haven't seen anything like this in my league, and I hope it doesn't crop up - but stuff like that scares me.

Couple of questions:

1) Was this a league imported from an older version of OOTP?
2) Have you tried creating a new league and seeing if that league has the same problem?
1) Yes. Version 12
2) I checked another league I created in the last version (14.5.23) and it is not showing the same error. So I guess it has something to do with imported leagues.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I'm in the process of installing this build in my new Ideapad just out of the box. Windows 8 and NVIDIA Geforce video. I hope it works ok.

I have no problems with Win 7 and NVIDIA on my Toshiba.
No problems with Win 8 and NVIDIA on the the Ideapad.

I installed OOTP on the SSD. Wow this thing just flat out rocks now!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #40
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
No problems with Win 8 and NVIDIA on the the Ideapad.

I installed OOTP on the SSD. Wow this thing just flat out rocks now!
I ran OOTP 13 on an SSD and it wore it out.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote