Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #81
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

This is the international stud we signed in 2013
Attached Images
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #82
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

My Ace just had an amazing season. League single-season record 23 wins. Won the Pitching Triple Crown. Haven't gotten to award announcements yet, but he is a lock to be Pitcher of Year in my league.

Name:  OliverGarcia.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  106.9 KB
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #83
urlordjesus
Bat Boy

The years 1970 with the Expos! As for how we're doing... Pretty OK. Rusty Staub is looking to have a career year... As he's projected to have 40 homeruns. A couple of our prospects (including the Number One Prospect Jonathan Shulmerich (SP) are out for the time being. Though Jon is the only one that actually has a spot on the ML roster (because our pitching sucks)

Right now we're in 3rd in the NL East. 3.5 games off first with a 20-17 record...

Which is a lot better than our expansion year where we posted the third worst record in the majors at 64-98 (still a better record than the real life Expos)
urlordjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #84
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

This is how my opening day roster is shaping up going into 2015, in which I'd better not suck or I'm getting fired. Rookies marked with an asterisk.

Rotation
Hyun-Jin Ryu
Yovani Gallardo (FA pickup for 5 yr/31m)
Jake Odorizzi (trade pickup for Brett Wallace; Tampa had him as MR)
Brad Peacock
Ruben Alaniz*/Brett Oberholtzer*

Bullpen
Paco Rodriguez
Scott Elbert
Josh D. Fields
Jason Stoffel*
Chia-Jen Lo*
Chris Perez (FA pickup for 3 yr/6.57m)

Catchers
Max Stassi*
Josh Phegley

Infield
1B Jonathan Singleton*
DH Chris Marrero (FA pickup during 2014 season)
2B Jose Altuve
3B Matt Dominguez
SS Jonathan Villar
IF Eric Sogard
1B Cameron Seitzer

Outfield
LF Austin Wates* (went from 30-ish OVR/POT to 70 during 2014)
CF Che-Hsuan Lin
RF Jordany Valdespin/Fernando Martinez (TBD)
OF Robbie Grossman
OF George Springer
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #85
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

I've been playing a Major League QS with the Nationals since the game was released. All the settings are on default, trading on default, etc. I sim each game on a day-by-day basis, but I set the lineups, control the minors, etc.

The 2013 season was simply awesome. We battled with the Braves for the division title all the way to the final few days. We ended up clinching it by two games. My pitching pretty much carried me the entire year. Strasburg won the Triple Crown after going 20-5 with a 1.82 ERA and something like 323 strikeouts. Bryce Harper was a stud too. He finished with a 9.9 WAR and only barely lost the MVP Award to Matt Kemp. Anyways, we ended up winning the World Series and in the off-season I was able to pretty much keep the same team in tact all the way around. The only player I lost of significance was SP Dan Haren (who made the All-Star team for me). I replaced him by signing SP James Shields, which isn't too shabby as my 4th SP behind Strasburg, Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmermann. On offense I signed 3B Michael Young for backup depth and that was pretty much it.

About to start spring training 2014 and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can repeat as champs.

EDIT: I forgot to add, the poor, poor Astros selected an absolute STUD of a SP with the #1 overall pick in the draft, only to see him retire from baseball after the season to "pursue missionary work". I couldn't stop laughing, but I did feel a little sorry for them. Poor guys...

(BTW: I absolutely love this game!)

Last edited by The Yurpman; 05-28-2013 at 08:57 PM.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #86
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Fortunately, that hasn't happened to me! Well, yet anyway.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #87
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
I've been playing a Major League QS with the Nationals since the game was released. All the settings are on default, trading on default, etc. I sim each game on a day-by-day basis, but I set the lineups, control the minors, etc.

The 2013 season was simply awesome. We battled with the Braves for the division title all the way to the final few days. We ended up clinching it by two games. My pitching pretty much carried me the entire year. Strasburg won the Triple Crown after going 20-5 with a 1.82 ERA and something like 323 strikeouts. Bryce Harper was a stud too. He finished with a 9.9 WAR and only barely lost the MVP Award to Matt Kemp. Anyways, we ended up winning the World Series and in the off-season I was able to pretty much keep the same team in tact all the way around. The only player I lost of significance was SP Dan Haren (who made the All-Star team for me). I replaced him by signing SP James Shields, which isn't too shabby as my 4th SP behind Strasburg, Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmermann. On offense I signed 3B Michael Young for backup depth and that was pretty much it.

About to start spring training 2014 and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can repeat as champs.

EDIT: I forgot to add, the poor, poor Astros selected an absolute STUD of a SP with the #1 overall pick in the draft, only to see him retire from baseball after the season to "pursue missionary work". I couldn't stop laughing, but I did feel a little sorry for them. Poor guys...

(BTW: I absolutely love this game!)
OOTP default or MLB 2013 quickstart download default? Hope that makes sense...
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #88
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

In his first game of the 2015 season, Bryce Harper went 3-3 with 3 solo HR and 2 walks. That's a pretty good way to start the year.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #89
Canuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just had my first expansion with league evolution in my mlb game going into 2020. One team went to Memphis and I renamed them the Memphis Soul. The other team went to Columbus but I didn't want a third team in Ohio so I edited them to be the Nebraska(Omaha) Harvesters.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #90
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

2015 and the Cubs make the playoffs with a record of 93-69.

However, in typical Cub fashion the 2nd to last start of the season Jeff Samardzija gets injured in the first inning for 4 months. He was my 4th starter for the playoffs and Martin Perez will replace him but still typical Cub luck considering I was letting him get this one last start in and then his next start was going to a AAA guy. Oh well onto the playoffs....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #91
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Well in typical Cub fashion we find a way....

Up 2 games to 0 in the Division Series against the Dbacks we blow the 3rd game by giving up 5 runs in the 8th.

Lose game 4 so we head to Arizona tied up with our ace and potential Cy Young winner on the mound...

Up 3-2 heading into the bottom of the 9th and after a double and a hbp we get 2 outs. Then give up an infield single and then a passed ball to tie the game.

That's alright we get up in the 10th and Jorge Soler hits a sac fly to put us up one heading into the bottom of the 10th. First guy up Martin Prado hits a homer ties the game. Next guy up Paul Goldschmidt hits a triple. We IBB the next guy...Infield in groundball to my SS (Junior Lake) guess Barney got hurt and Sveum had to move guys around and we don't get Goldy at the plate and the DBacks advance...

I need to fire Sveum.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #92
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

At the end of April, my Astros stand 10-12 (and still in last in the AL West!), one of our best months in the last 3 seasons, and easily the best April in that time. My pitching staff is verging on top 5 status, and my hitters are actually hitting (to the tune of .259/.321/.409)!

Maybe we won't suck any more!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #93
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Long time lurker, thought I'd join in on the posting about your game thing!

Just imported my OOTP13 game into 14.

Just past the 2020 Trade Deadline. Decided to stand pat really, got a pretty solid core of players, but had some pretty hot and cold pitching that has basically been saved by my 'worst' pitcher having a career year (11-4 in 20 games so far with 3.42 ERA) that has led him into the All-Star game. Was pretty rewarding as he was one of the minor leaguers that I had managed when I was a minor league coach before taking the Baltimore job.

Top of the division right now with a 55-47 record, 3 games ahead of Boston, 4.5 ahead of Toronto, 7.5 ahead of Tampa and 18 ahead of the Yankees (will make it 4 of the last 5 years without playoffs).

Though my favourite moment in this save has been this guy winning the triple crown in 2017: http://oi41.tinypic.com/29kufwi.jpg

Hasn't come close to matching that year, but it was a pretty damn fun year regardless. Though he had a pretty good 2018 playoffs: http://oi39.tinypic.com/2r3ij42.jpg

Seattle and Miami are both having insane years, 65-36 and 65-37 respectively, though knowing how it goes, they probably won't win the World Series haha

EDIT: Pitcher (B Lorin) who's having a career year just got pitcher of the month. In April went 4-0 with a 2.84 ERA, 38 innings, 33 strike outs, 4 walks and 22 hits.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 05-31-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #94
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

The 2015 draft pool was just released, and my Astros have the first pick. I'm going through the pool, and I think the second guy I looked at will be my guy.

Eric "Dash" Fox
- 21 years old on draft day, college player out of USC
- Great competition, normal signability
- 75-rated defender as a pitcher
- 50/60/45 currents with 70/65/65 potentials
- Throws 95-97 mph with 62% GB
- 5 pitches: Fastball (60/70), Curveball (45/60), Slider (50/65), Changeup (45/60), and Forkball (55/65)

I almost HAVE to draft him and park him in AAA, don't I?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #95
sc_superstar
Major Leagues

Was sad to see my favourite pitcher go, I ended up scrapping the league, cause I wasnt a fan of the of the aging modifiers, but I let my first International Signing worth anything get his HoF call, I changed the wait to none and it inducted him the day he retired. Poor guy ended up with a torn rotator cuff in 2034 and was never the same, still holds most pitching records for this league, and that K total was impressive, I just wish he hit 4200
Attached Images
sc_superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #96
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

It's only May 14, and my Astros have already reached about 1/3 of our previous year's attendance. We're on pace to up attendance by over 50%. With most of the initial set of prospects in the majors or about to be, with others on the way, I wonder if it's time to start switching from rebuild mode to normal.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #97
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Just hit game 144 of the season.

Sitting easily on top of our division with a record of 83-60, 12.5 games ahead of the Blue Jays, magic number is 8. We're the only team over .500 in the division as well, Yankees are bottom with a beautiful 47-95 record

Wasn't all good news, my 2020 1st round pick Joe Byrd (LF) decided to retire from baseball to focus on a football career.

He hadn't been brilliant in his rookie season (managed 3 hits in his last 47 AB's in S/A and A). But he was still projected to be a solid MLB player, with his hitting ratings all 70+ potential (Eye and Avoid K's projected to mid 50's). So I was a little surprised he retired.

Though in fairness it wasn't as big a blow as this guy (http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ztfsrr.jpg) helped soften the blow. Kind of surprising his season if you compare to his A and AA seasons. He's usually my lead off hitter (I act as GM only), pretty solid stats across the board couldn't complain with his emergence!
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #98
Mathies_dane
Bat Boy

2 season into my MLB Quick start with the Boston Red Sox. I had one 81-81 season which was as expected for the first year. Second year was better but another September collapse saw the Red Sox loose out on the wild card on the final day of the season. Now it will be a very long off season.

I signed Lester, Ellsbury long term. Other wise banking on some of the younger talents to shine. I was forced into using Webster, De La Rosa to soon but Lackey and Bucholz went down for the season right before the all star break. They were good but still need some seasoning.
Mathies_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #99
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

The return to relevance for my Astros came in 2015, during which season we went 86-76, finishing 2.5 games back of the division lead (but only 4th in the division, because it's the AL West).

So of course the AL abolishes the DH in the offseason. Time to rethink the roster a bit.

But hey, rookie LF Austin Wates won a Gold Glove and 1B Jonathan Singleton won Rookie of the Year (and finished 4th in the AL in OPS). Yep, they're keepers.

And my manager won Manager of the Year.

Last edited by olivertheorem; 07-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #100
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

As of Feb 28, this is my expected MLB roster for the 2016 Astros.

Starters
C Russell Martin (61/61) (1-year, 1.2m free agent)
1B Jonathan Singleton (66/71) (won RoY)
2B Jose Altuve (54/68)
3B Matt Dominguez (49/49)
SS Francisco Lindor (47/59) (no-hit, all-glove SS; acquired via trade w/ CLE for George Springer)
LF Austin Wates (74/74) (won GG)
CF Teoscar Hernandez (56/73) (minor-league promotion)
RF Ariel Ovando (40/66)

Bench
C Max Stassi (27/41) (minor-league promotion)
1B Cameron Seitzer (45/46)
2B Nolan Fontana (51/52) (can play 2B/SS)
3B Eric Sogard (26/26) (can play 2B/SS/3B)
LF Jacob Goebbert (21/21) (placeholder for younger talent)
CF Andrew Aplin (21/21) (minor-league promotion, defensive sub for Hernandez)

Rotation
SP Hyun-Jin Ryu (70/70)
SP Jake Odorizzi (63/63)
SP Alex White (60/60) (minor-league promotion)
SP Yovani Gallardo (54/54)
SP Dallas Keuchel (44/45)

Bullpen
RP Joey Taylor (66/74) (acquired in 2-for-2 trade w/ MIA)
RP Scott Elbert (65/65)
RP Paco Rodriguez (55/55)
RP Chris Perez (64/64)
RP Jason Stoffel (54/54)
RP Mitchell Lambson (61/61) (minor-league promotion)