Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful1212 View Post
OK, I've now downloaded the Linux file from the main and the mirror, installed, and both show up as 14.0 Build 2. I'm using Opera with the disk cache disabled, so I don't think it's a cache problem. I'll try downloading with a different browser, if you think that would help.
Sorry, there's obviously the wrong file online I'm building the new installer file now and will post here when it's online. Sorry for the hassle, Linux users.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
ShermLollar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick patch, Markus and Andreas. I started the "Majors" quickstart last Friday and was two weeks into the season as GM of the White Sox. I've been lying awake at night trying to figure out what to do with Jordan Danks 14.3 million dollar multi-year contract! With the new patch, he now has a Minor League Contract.

I'm kind of glad I have to re-start the season. The Sox got off to a poor start and were 5-14.
ShermLollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Played OOTP the whole weekend(since I pre ordered) but I honestly haven't been able to get into it yet(it's a great game) it's just I need to get a new monitor.. i HATE having the feeling, that so much stuff is cut off.. I'm the type of person who pays attention to every detail, have to get a new monitor soon so I can enjoy a great OOTP game.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
brainygamer
Bat Boy

Patched Linux version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Sorry, there's obviously the wrong file online I'm building the new installer file now and will post here when it's online. Sorry for the hassle, Linux users.
Any word on when this will be available? I purchased a license and would love to be able to register the game. Thanks.
brainygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #25
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermLollar View Post
Thanks for the quick patch, Markus and Andreas. I started the "Majors" quickstart last Friday and was two weeks into the season as GM of the White Sox. I've been lying awake at night trying to figure out what to do with Jordan Danks 14.3 million dollar multi-year contract! With the new patch, he now has a Minor League Contract.

I'm kind of glad I have to re-start the season. The Sox got off to a poor start and were 5-14.
Hmm.. He still shows that fat contract on my end (prepurchased and patched) 14.1 4
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
Hmm.. He still shows that fat contract on my end (prepurchased and patched) 14.1 4
You need to start a new game. The major league roster set fixes do not apply to existing saved games, as already explained in the patch description
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainygamer View Post
Any word on when this will be available? I purchased a license and would love to be able to register the game. Thanks.
It was updated this morning, you should be able to download it now.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You need to start a new game. The major league roster set fixes do not apply to existing saved games, as already explained in the patch description
I did a new quick start, and a new mlb game. I did a complete uninstall reinstall. These were fresh starts and not existing games. I'll keep trying
Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #29
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It was updated this morning, you should be able to download it now.
It's still the old file. The installer.pkg file in the tarball is dated 4/12. I installed it again anyway, and the game shows version 14.0 Build 2. It also told me that there was a newer version available when I launched it and directed me to this very thread where I had just downloaded the file.
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Wait a second... there are two Danks in Chicago Jordan and John
ok i'm good to go then. Jordan mlc, John mega contract... oh boy. Another reason to hate the Whitesox jk
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #31
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Scarborough View Post
Markus, you forgot to mention the win probability fix - this is awesome!
Is this only true of new leagues? I downloaded on Monday and imported an OOTP 13 league and still had the win probably at 100% through the entire game.
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
John J McGraw
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J McGraw View Post
I'm still on the fence. Was looking at the pics in the ad. Is it now possible to trade a player for money only? And is it possible to see pics of some of the new facegen historical players? And how exactly has the pbp been improved? Thanks.
No answers. I guess I'll just continue with ver 13. No problem. I've been enjoying it for a year so far.
John J McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #33
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

So, if any Linux users out there are still having trouble downloading the new version from the links in this thread (as I have been), I've found the correct files, based on the addresses that were provided to us in the email for people that preordered. I just changed the version number, and presto, there it is!

I hope Markus and Andreas don't mind me sharing the direct link to these. But as their links are still serving up the wrong files, and the first linux version wouldn't activate, here it is:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...install.tar.gz

This version activates. Huzzah, it works!
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #34
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

I just downloaded the linux version linked to on the OOTP front page and it worked!

Thanks!
kryakyu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
mike2228
Major Leagues

I just installed the patch and in my first game afterwards the game crashes. I hope this is not caused by the patch.
mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
brainygamer
Bat Boy

New Linux version works

I can happily verify the Linux edition linked on the front page is indeed the latest patched version, and registering it via PISD works like a charm.

Thanks, Markus and team, for remembering us Linux lovers far and wide.
brainygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #37
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainygamer View Post
I can happily verify the Linux edition linked on the front page is indeed the latest patched version, and registering it via PISD works like a charm.

Thanks, Markus and team, for remembering us Linux lovers far and wide.
Finally! The cloud computing stuff is great but uploading new versions of the same file is more difficult than it used to be

Dear Linux fans, sorry for the hassle and thanks for being patient with us.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
No answers. I guess I'll just continue with ver 13. No problem. I've been enjoying it for a year so far.
In my experience you cannot offer just money in a trade. I get the message Team xxx doesn't offer anything. Invalid trade. Furthermore if you offer a player plus cash for another teams player; once you remove your player the cash amount disappears lending credence to the "you cannot trade cash for a player".
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
John J McGraw
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
In my experience you cannot offer just money in a trade. I get the message Team xxx doesn't offer anything. Invalid trade. Furthermore if you offer a player plus cash for another teams player; once you remove your player the cash amount disappears lending credence to the "you cannot trade cash for a player".
That's interesting because the pics in the ads for ver 14 put out by the company show the opposite. They show a player being traded for another player plus cash.
John J McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #40
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's interesting because the pics in the ads for ver 14 put out by the company show the opposite. They show a player being traded for another player plus cash.
You can trade a player for another player plus cash. What i said was you cannot trade a player for cash. Your question was a player for cash only.

Last edited by Tycobbler; 04-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.