Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
Nightwing
Bat Boy

Orioles:
Freddy Garcia has a minor league contract and is on the AAA roster
Jair Jurrjens also has a minor league contract
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Hopefully this doesn't qualify as nitpicking ratings, but I have two to point out on the Royals roster.

#1 - Luis Mendoza. He's listed as a MR on the game, which I guess could just be a function of the AI, but he's a starter in the rotation from day 1. If it was just a position/role change, that's fine. But his Stamina rating is 5. He's started 27 of his last 36 games in MLB, averaging 5.2 IP per game. I feel like his Stamina rating should reflect that.

#2 - Luke Hochevar. His ratings are fine, because he blows. And his role is correct now, as he is a MR. But, he's been nothing but a starter for his career and MAY be used as a starter at some point this year. He's started 128 out of 132 games in his career prior to 2013, so again I feel a Stamina rating of 5 doesn't reflect what he can do.

I can certainly manually change these things, but I didn't know if this was the kind of stuff you wanted to know or not.

Thanks,

ZD
Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZouDave View Post
Hopefully this doesn't qualify as nitpicking ratings, but I have two to point out on the Royals roster.

#1 - Luis Mendoza. He's listed as a MR on the game, which I guess could just be a function of the AI, but he's a starter in the rotation from day 1. If it was just a position/role change, that's fine. But his Stamina rating is 5. He's started 27 of his last 36 games in MLB, averaging 5.2 IP per game. I feel like his Stamina rating should reflect that.

#2 - Luke Hochevar. His ratings are fine, because he blows. And his role is correct now, as he is a MR. But, he's been nothing but a starter for his career and MAY be used as a starter at some point this year. He's started 128 out of 132 games in his career prior to 2013, so again I feel a Stamina rating of 5 doesn't reflect what he can do.

I can certainly manually change these things, but I didn't know if this was the kind of stuff you wanted to know or not.

Thanks,

ZD
Yeah, it is the sort of stuff we want to know. Thanks!

I think both those guys were probably intentionally given stamina on the border of RP and SP level. I personally think that even if a guy's slated for RP if he's started regularly in the past he should get SP type stamina. So I'll discuss this with the other team members and we'll figure out if we should make a change. We probably will.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, it is the sort of stuff we want to know. Thanks!

I think both those guys were probably intentionally given stamina on the border of RP and SP level. I personally think that even if a guy's slated for RP if he's started regularly in the past he should get SP type stamina. So I'll discuss this with the other team members and we'll figure out if we should make a change. We probably will.
Fantastic, thanks for the input. I figured both would be on the border as well, and I'm guessing maybe the border would be more in the 12-ish range? Not sure. But glad to know it might be looked at, and whatever you guys determine is fine. Like I said, I can always change it for myself.

Thanks again.

ZD
Old 04-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
Orioles:
Freddy Garcia has a minor league contract and is on the AAA roster
Jair Jurrjens also has a minor league contract

Which is as it should be. Neither actually has an MLB contract and both are currently in AAA. Neither is even on the 40 man roster.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Fantastic, thanks for the input. I figured both would be on the border as well, and I'm guessing maybe the border would be more in the 12-ish range? Not sure. But glad to know it might be looked at, and whatever you guys determine is fine. Like I said, I can always change it for myself.

Thanks again.

ZD
On the scale we use of 1-250 with 50 and above being the border at which OOTP views a player as an SP, they're rated at 48 and 49 respectively.

I think they'll probably get bumped up into the 60's or so, but as mentioned I want to talk it over with the rest of the team before we do anything.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #27
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Which is as it should be. Neither actually has an MLB contract and both are currently in AAA. Neither is even on the 40 man roster.
In the game, Freddy Garcia has a $1.3 million ML contract and is on the active roster (I believe this is the contract he signed with the Padres. They released him during the spring).

Jair Jurrjens is in AAA in game, but has a $1.5 mil contract.

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #28
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Felix Hernandez's team option for the game is at $1,000,000 for 2020.
While technically he does have one, in real life the Mariners can only exercise it if he spends 130 or more days on the DL in the previous season from right elbow surgery.
If this goes unchanged it could be a cheesy cheap contract for an AI or human player.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #29
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSoxFan View Post
In the game, Freddy Garcia has a $1.3 million ML contract and is on the active roster (I believe this is the contract he signed with the Padres. They released him during the spring).

Oh, I see. I read the post wrong and since haveband had already beaten me to fixing this in the db it didn't look like there was a problem. Sorry. It's right now at any rate.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #30
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSoxFan View Post

You're right about the Garcia contract, and I think Jurrjens 1.5 was supposed to kick in if he'd made the OD roster which he didn't, so both have been fixed.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

Thanks again.

ZD
Ok, we talked it over and gave both guys a boost. So they're off the borderline and are able to be SP's in game now. The ai will still assign them as RP's with the default roster since there's other guys rated higher overall, but they can start if needed now.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoheadley View Post
Felix Hernandez's team option for the game is at $1,000,000 for 2020.
While technically he does have one, in real life the Mariners can only exercise it if he spends 130 or more days on the DL in the previous season from right elbow surgery.
If this goes unchanged it could be a cheesy cheap contract for an AI or human player.
Dunno what we want to do about this one. My initial reaction is that we'll leave it as is. After paying him all that money for so long the poor Mariners player could likely use a cheap year.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #33
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Dunno what we want to do about this one. My initial reaction is that we'll leave it as is. After paying him all that money for so long the poor Mariners player could likely use a cheap year.
I guess it will be up to the individual player to decide what to do. I chose to delete it. Maybe in a future version we could have injury dependent options or something similar.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Ok, we talked it over and gave both guys a boost. So they're off the borderline and are able to be SP's in game now. The ai will still assign them as RP's with the default roster since there's other guys rated higher overall, but they can start if needed now.
What # did you boost them to? I'd like to make the same changes on my side as well (starting as KC later tonight..woohoo).
CBLCardinals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #35
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoheadley View Post
Maybe in a future version we could have injury dependent options or something similar.
That would be nice
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
What # did you boost them to? I'd like to make the same changes on my side as well (starting as KC later tonight..woohoo).
Hochevar got an 82. Mendoza a 67. But I think we're going to up Mendoza even more and cut Chen since Mendoza is actually the 5th starter now and Chen's in the bullpen.

Maybe something around 100 for Mendoza actually. And the same for Chen, who's way too high right now. The ai will still want to make Chen the 5th starter even then, that's due to the PECOTA generated ratings, but it should make things a little more realistic.

EDIT: Ended up giving Mendoza a 106 and Chen a 98.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #37
TinyC
Minors (Single A)

I noticed (at first glance) some owners having 0-0 ratings for patience and spending as in the past. Two for sure are Red Sox, Yankees owners.
TinyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #38
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Why is that Joe Mather has ratings as a pitcher when he is an outfielder. I understand he pitched in the 20 inning game against the Mets while with the Cards but i'm not sure why that would warrant good movement and control ratings. Also, thanks for fixing Hiroki Kuroda's batting ratings (really annoyed me in previous versions). Finally, this isn't a "Major League roster error" But Oscar Hernandez of the Rays minors has been a catcher his whole career and has no catching ratings.

Really love the improvements in player development!
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincoop17 View Post
Why is that Joe Mather has ratings as a pitcher when he is an outfielder. I understand he pitched in the 20 inning game against the Mets while with the Cards but i'm not sure why that would warrant good movement and control ratings.
Looks like a db error. Fixed now.

Quote:
Also, thanks for fixing Hiroki Kuroda's batting ratings (really annoyed me in previous versions).
Happy to help!

Quote:
Finally, this isn't a "Major League roster error" But Oscar Hernandez of the Rays minors has been a catcher his whole career and has no catching ratings.
Sure it is. We consider the minors part of the MLB roster set. It's fixed.
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #40
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyC View Post
I noticed (at first glance) some owners having 0-0 ratings for patience and spending as in the past. Two for sure are Red Sox, Yankees owners.
We're looking into that.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 04:54 PM.