Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BacksJosh View Post
This would have to come with the option of keeping it discreet for the good of the club.
Heck no! Let it trash team morale!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

A player coming out as gay maybe?

I also like the player getting catfished idea and the marrying a celebrity one.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Another way for team morale to plunge!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Per the above:

LA Times

Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Player suffers a severe allergic reaction to (peanuts, pecans, pesticides, whatever) and is hospitalized and put of the game for 30 days and takes a ratings, potential, and fragility hit due to immune system damage.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Player must serve thirty days in jail due to getting his fourth DUI.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
jotro
Minors (Double A)

Player is caught David Cone-ing himself in the bullpen to the horror (or delight) of some female fans.
jotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Player marries a super-hottie. Immediate uptick in player popularity.
Player is divorced by a super-hottie. Immediate downtick in player popularity and morale.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #29
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotro View Post
Player is caught David Cone-ing himself in the bullpen to the horror (or delight) of some female fans.
That was not a stroke of brilliance on his part.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #30
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Player x says something controversial on his twitter account, gets suspended/fined by league/team.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #31
Bret Leuthner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Carl Pavano just gave you a great storyline! he ruptured his spleen after slipping while shoveling his driveway!

Sammy Sosa threw his back out sneezing once. Then who was it last year that broke his thumb while closing it in his wife's suitcase?
Bret Leuthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

I do think the storyline feature has been harmed by the compulsion to put really weird "zany" stuff in. That stuff should be in and happen very rarely, but really most "storyline" type stuff that happens should be pretty mundane -- the thing is that even mundane storylines are really cool to have in a game. i.e. player X and player Y don't get along, player X doesn't get along with the manager, player Y is pissed about a position change, player X doesn't get along with the media in the big city, rumblings about player Z mailing it in after he got his big contract. Not everybody needs to be getting limbs crushed by their exotic pets. Again, not saying that stuff shouldn't be in there but should be very rare. My advice is, keep it simple.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Depends, is he the catcher or the pitcher?
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
jotro
Minors (Double A)

Hall of famer releases tell-all autobiography where he admits to doping/being otherwise 'under the influence' during some memorable games.

Hall of famer to face jail term for tax evasion.
jotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Well, suspended 50 games for illegal substances. Dont think i've seen that yet on OOTP. Just maybe 10 games for that at the most. Also, as morbid as it sounds, there should be random premature deaths. Maybe 1 per every 2 years in a league on average. Plane crash (Roberto Clemente), car accident (Mike Sharperson), being shot (Lyman Bystock), Suicide (Don Wilson).

also, a humorous one, hurt back while eating pancakes. Happened to NHL player Dustin Penner.
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #36
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Best new story line idea to me is retired numbers.

Another story-line idea I like to see is veterans commity hall of fame inductions. Usually after the player has died or he's very old. Deacon White's been dead 70 years, he just got in this year!
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Another way for team morale to plunge!
Maybe give owners the option to institute a 'don't ask don't tell' policy.

Here are some funny yet true baseball injuries

Infielder Chris Brown missed a game because he “slept on his eye funny”.

Pitcher Adam Eaton stabbed himself in the stomach as he was using a knife to open a DVD wrapper.

Sammy Sosa was disabled after a violent sneeze.

Pitcher Jeff Juden missed a start because a tattoo he got prior to the season opener got infected.

Reliever Randy Flores was put on the disabled list – while removing his socks after a game, a large patch of skin also came off.

DH Mickey Tettleton went on the disabled list with athlete’s foot. The story is that he tied his shoes too tight.

Utility infielder Bret Barberie missed a game because he mistakenly rubbed chili juice in his eyes.

Pitcher Ricky Bones injured his lower back getting out of a chair while watching television in the clubhouse.

Outfielder Dustan Mohr strained his groin while trying to get out of the dugout for a celebration for another player’s home run.

Reliever Larry Anderson strained a rib muscle jumping from the bench to join a brawl.

Shortstop Rey Quinones wasn’t available as a pinch hitter as he was in the clubhouse playing Nintendo.

Pitcher Mark Smith was injured when he stuck his hand into an air conditioner to see why it wasn’t working.

Reliever Joey Eischen broke his arm jumping into the air to field a ground ball.

Shortstop Clint Barmes fell down some stairs and broke his collarbone. He was unable to break his fall because he was cradling a package of venison given to him from teammate Todd Helton.

Pitcher Greg Harris suffered a strained elbow flipping sunflower seeds while sitting in the bullpen.

Pitcher Randy Veres injured his hand pounding on the hotel room wall, trying to get the people in the next room to be quiet.

Third baseman Randy Johnson strained his back putting on his socks.

Pitcher Byron McLaughlin cut his right hand when he was practicing his windup in his hotel room. He was apparently too close to the mirror.

Catcher Brent Mayne missed an entire month in the 2002 season because he turned his head to check traffic as he was crossing the street – and wrenched his back.

more here: Strange but True Baseball Injuries « Bits and Pieces
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #38
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

18 year old phenom is drafted into the league but after a some what crappy season we find out he is 26.

Player A Pitcher, is in a horrific accident and loses a few fingers, but still goes on to lead the league in Ks.

A ball boy/bat boy in your organization is found by your scout to have immense potential. And you have the chance to sign him or he never plays the game. I like the chance to get a diamond in the rough and if you miss that chance no one gets him.

Gm/Owner's Son is created at the feeder level and trys to follow the footsteps of other great baseball players. Would you draft your own kid for the sake of family? Or would you let your son get drafted to another team? That depends on how good he is right lol
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #39
BMD
All Star Reserve

A player is found to be using a fake identity. As a result, his name is changed and his birthdate changes to make him 2 years older.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #40
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

Ideas/Storylines.

Zack Greinke almost quit baseball in 2005-2006. Be nice to have an occional loose cannon/bad make up guy that retires or needs a therapy break.

It would be cool if an occasional player decide to unretire in June-July. Like a Chipper Jones for example? If this isn't possible, maybe have a retired franchise type player interviewed about his former teams success or failures? Praising or possibly even throwing his former manager or a player under the buss?

Ugueth Urbina released from prison would have made for a good story line. He's working out for scouts.

Any storyline involving Jose Lima, no matter the context would be cool by me. Maybe his spirit is uplifting in the Royals club house? "Lima time"

A lot of goofy spring training stories would make it a little more interesting. An occasional DUI and what not as well?

Maybe an email about a player pressing because he's about to reach a milestone? (3,000 hits for example) Maybe you decide to rest him a couple of games so he can reach the milestone at home?

Players telling GM or management about how they feel about their new position or there spot in the lineup. Maybe Hanley Ramirez's morale/performance has dropped because he's hell bent on being a shortstop instead of a 3rd baseman? I never did dig the "upset about playing time" emails when I have a guy playing every day in the 5 or 6 hole.
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote