Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 11-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cards View Post
I'm having a slightly... unusual issue, not sure if it's intentional or not. I downloaded and installed the QS properly. However, when I load it up, I'm at the start of the 2012 season. Like Royalblue, no 2012 stats are listed. I know that there's a lot of discussion going on here, so if someone wants to PM me feel free.
I think that is how it's set up, so you can replay the whole 2012 season with the end of year rosters.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #42
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attualista View Post
Thanks for your help on this, but I'm still getting the "could not load world file" error even after downloading from your link and expanding the contents into the QS folder. I wonder what the problem is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Make sure you are on the most recent version of OOTP.

Attualista,

As Recte44 correctly stated, make sure you are using the most recent version of the game. In the event you are using the most recent version, I then recommend that you uninstall and re-install the game. Uninstalling the game will not have any affect on your saved games, logos, FaceGens or jerseys. However, if you have any saved filters I suggest backing them up.

Let us know if you need any help.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #43
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post

As Recte44 correctly stated, make sure you are using the most recent version of the game. In the event you are using the most recent version, I then recommend that you uninstall and re-install the game. Uninstalling the game will not have any affect on your saved games, logos, FaceGens or jerseys. However, if you have any saved filters I suggest backing them up.

Let us know if you need any help.
I am not going to bother with it. End of year moves but no end of year stats doesn't appeal to me.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #44
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I am not going to bother with it. End of year moves but no end of year stats doesn't appeal to me.
How likely is it we will see a roster with updated stats down the road? I'm having a lot of fun with my historical seasons, but would be an enticing idea to take the present day Pirates or Royals for a spin..
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #45
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg View Post
How likely is it we will see a roster with updated stats down the road? I'm having a lot of fun with my historical seasons, but would be an enticing idea to take the present day Pirates or Royals for a spin..
We will get updated rosters/stats when OOTP14 comes out. The updated rosters will be for OOTP14 only and will not work in OOTP13.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Honestly, the previous years stats are not usually added to our roster database until the Lahman database is ready., which is the one Markus uses for the game. I am not entirely sure if there is another accurate DB out there that he would be willing to use.

Right now what I wanted to do was put out a set that included updated rosters with all trades, etc (so that the Dodgers could beat them damn Gints (misspelled on purpose). As far as ratings go, admittedly I didn't touch too many ratings for major leaguers, most went into re-rating a lot of minor leaguers as well as getting all the 2012 draftees in with the first year draft.

What I would like is some help from the OOTP community with next years set. Between myself, Robin, BigRod and Cubby we tried to get to as much detail in the ootp13 rosters as we could but the rosters are such a huge undertaking and since none of us get paid for this, we have to fit in what we do around our regular lives, schedules, etc.

There are a few projects that we need to get done but with other things we'd like to accomplish, we could use some help in these areas. What we basically need are baseball loving, anal-retentive nerds like ourselves with time on their hands and a desire to make the game better.

Any takers, send me a PM.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #47
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

I was able to get it to work. I wasn't up to the latest version, that did the trick.
Garrett67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I have a spreadsheet of the 2012 stats, which I use for my encyclopedia. I may be able to help out by creating a new world can use the end of the season files and start at the end of the 2012 season, instead of at the beginning. I am thinking of the following plan--

Simming the 2012 season, so we get to the end of the year. Then, export the stats file and take out the simmed 2012 major league stats, replace them with the real world 2012 stats and then reimport the file.

There are a few logistical problems. First, we won't have the actual 2012 standings. The OOTP world would have its owned simmed standings and postseason results. I don't think there's anyway we can edit the standings, so we would just have to live with that.

I would turn off AI moves during the 2012 season. The problem that I see with that is, due to injuries, we'd have players playing out of position, thus earning experience at that position, which would then affect them for future OOTP seasons. For example, I ran a test sim last night and, just looking at the Yankees, Derek Jeter got 22 G at 2B and Eric Chavez caught a few games. I can get around that by reimporting the rosters at the end of the season, thus retaining the original position experience figures. But, the cost of reimporting is we lose a year's worth of player aging and maturing.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #49
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I don't have 2012 minor league stats in my spreadsheet, but I know where I can download them. It's too big a project for 1 person, but if I can put together a group of people who can do the downloading into Excel for me, I can then take care of the rest of the work as far as getting them into the final product.

I would need a volunteer for each of AAA, AA and Hi-A ball. There wouldn't be a need for Lo-A and Rookie ball, since so many of them would be 2012 draftees who wouldn't even be in the quick start that we have to start of with.

If there are any volunteers, can you PM me.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #50
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I don't have 2012 minor league stats in my spreadsheet, but I know where I can download them. It's too big a project for 1 person, but if I can put together a group of people who can do the downloading into Excel for me, I can then take care of the rest of the work as far as getting them into the final product.

I would need a volunteer for each of AAA, AA and Hi-A ball. There wouldn't be a need for Lo-A and Rookie ball, since so many of them would be 2012 draftees who wouldn't even be in the quick start that we have to start of with.

If there are any volunteers, can you PM me.
Don't worry about 2012 minor league stats. We actually have a few guys working on that as a matter of fact please, please, please contact BigRod as he is leading that project and could sure use your help.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #51
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Don't worry about 2012 minor league stats. We actually have a few guys working on that as a matter of fact please, please, please contact BigRod as he is leading that project and could sure use your help.

hb
What kind of project would that be? Is that a project to re-rate everyone and completely a new roster set? The problem that I see with getting involved that kind of project is that the work won't really bear its fruits for weeks/months. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that goes into those projects. But, it's just that I don't have the patience to wait until then to have a new roster set that I can start playing with.

My goal here is to be able to start using a roster set, with the 2012 end of the year rosters and then let OOTP play out the 2012-13 offseason. I am hoping to be able to have something ready to go during the upcoming week. Also, I am assuming that those who are putting together new roster sets over the course of the offseason are going to be keeping up with the real world moves. And, that would unfortunately be contradictory to those of us who just want to start with the real world end of the season rosters and then play out the offseason with our own roster moves. Personally, I'm thinking of a hybrid situation where I accept the real world trades up to a certain point, like maybe the end of November, and then let OOTP take over. And, my motivation there is in great part influenced by it helping to the difficulty level and competition for my Yankees, by letting the Blue Jays trade be incorporated into the AL East pennant race.

My idea of putting together a team to put together the minor league stats was almost an afterthought. I would like to have those stats. But, I would be willing to settle for having the 2012 real world major league stats and just the 2012 OOTP minor league stats.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #52
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

I think it's a great idea and probably the only way to do it..simming through the season, exporting the stats, changing them all manually (ouch..) and then importing them again. Quite a lengthy task though (especially the minor stats).
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I think it's a great idea and probably the only way to do it..simming through the season, exporting the stats, changing them all manually (ouch..) and then importing them again. Quite a lengthy task though (especially the minor stats).
I can use the VLOOKUP function in Excel to add the players' OOTP ID numbers. That woukd make the task go significantly quicker.

But, I am going to have to limit it to just the major league stats, since that's all I have in my existing spreadsheet.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #54
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

Because this is a quickstart and is set to the beginning of 2012, is there any way to advance to 2013 without generating any stats?

In other words, I want to start this quickstart in 2013, with no history.

I ask because I was trying to update the Tigers roster so I could have the current players (Torii Hunter) and remove who has been released (Laird, Raburn) but the trouble
I had was because I wanted to start in 2013, some of them had contracts that expire at the end of 2012, but the game thinks its still the beginning of 2012. So, I had to go in
and manually alter contracts, either have them start a year earlier than they really did or just delete it so I could release them.

Last edited by Garrett67; 11-26-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Garrett67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #55
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Quote:
What kind of project would that be? Is that a project to re-rate everyone and completely a new roster set? The problem that I see with getting involved that kind of project is that the work won't really bear its fruits for weeks/months. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that goes into those projects.
No rerating as far as what I do goes..only Minor League stats updating as well as almost 5,000 free agents minors stats.
For those of you that's thinking about undertaking stats, here's what it takes if your doing it yourself.
About an hour minimum for each team depending on roster size.
If your doing an entire MLB organization, It can be done in about 5 hours non stop. 30 Organizations=150 hours. Limit that to 5 hours a day and your looking at 1 Month to finish just the complete Minors + another week to update the Majors with their 2012 stats.
Even then it's not complete..You've got to consider all the players that were released and are now free agents.
Once you got all that, there's the sorting of everything to get it to match ootp's requirements, double checking to make sure there's no erroneous data and replacing the team names with there IDs.
If that's not enough..here's the killer...If you make one mistake and don't immediately catch it..there's no way possible to be sure that any of the final data is correct.
With that said...any takers?? as I sure could use the help. Currently there's only 2 of us doing this. Just send me a pm and I'll set you up.
Thanks in advance.
Rod

Last edited by Bigrod; 11-26-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #56
subtle
Minors (Single A)

Let me tell you all how excited I am to start a season with the Cubs' 2012 end of year roster.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #57
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

This roster is kind of pointless to me, with it being at the beginning of the 2012 season. I suppose you could turn off injuries and trades and CPU moves, sim to the end of the season and continue from there. As it stands now though, it's a half-cooked idea.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
For those of you that's thinking about undertaking stats, here's what it takes if your doing it yourself.
About an hour minimum for each team depending on roster size.
If your doing an entire MLB organization, It can be done in about 5 hours non stop. 30 Organizations=150 hours. Limit that to 5 hours a day and your looking at 1 Month to finish just the complete Minors + another week to update the Majors with their 2012 stats. ...

Are we still talking about the project of putting together a file with the complete 2012 minor league stats?

If so, I have a much simpler method. I have been retrieving the stats, team by team, level by level. It only took me about 45 minutes to do the entire AL East. I then imported that into Excel and, using Excel functions, I was able to easily add the team ID for each stat line and also the OOTP player ID.

My plan is to do the AL Central right now and then take a break. Later tonight, I will see how much I can get done. Then, either my plan is to finish up the project tomorrow night or, at the latest, Friday or Friday night.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #59
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I got through the whole AL.

My goal is to do the NL tonight.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #60
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Are we still talking about the project of putting together a file with the complete 2012 minor league stats?

If so, I have a much simpler method. I have been retrieving the stats, team by team, level by level. It only took me about 45 minutes to do the entire AL East. I then imported that into Excel and, using Excel functions, I was able to easily add the team ID for each stat line and also the OOTP player ID.

My plan is to do the AL Central right now and then take a break. Later tonight, I will see how much I can get done. Then, either my plan is to finish up the project tomorrow night or, at the latest, Friday or Friday night.
I do believe that's what the folks want. However, it doesn't apply to the work we do. OOTP has never had complete stats for minor leaguers. We made a huge leap forward in ootp 13, but we only got those players that were on the rosters at the time of downloading our database, so many players were excluded as we had to work with end/pre season rosters. That's why it's so time consuming for us as we can't use the team pages, we have to use the individulal player pages to get the stats. Once this is done, we can use the team pages as all we'll need is just the current year stats and not any previous years.
As for what you're doing, I'm sure a lot of users would like to have that. Be sure to release it as a mod and contact Charlie Hough to get it listed on ootpmods.com and downloads central where everyone can enjoy your excellent work.
Thanks.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote