Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #81
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
No, in the utility, they have nothing to do with who's in the HOF. It's merely a calculation based on leaderboard appearances. That said, you do need to run the code to calculate them from the career metrics admin page. They'll also only show up on the pages of players who have appeared on the appropriate leaderboards. If you've run them and aren't seeing them, please shoot me a PM with details and I'll help you investigate.
I'm assuming you have to run all those scripts in the Carreer Metrics Admin page everytime you update the SQL, correct?

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #82
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
I'm assuming you have to run all those scripts in the Carreer Metrics Admin page everytime you update the SQL, correct?
Yes and no. If you want the numbers to update, then you do need to run them every time. However, you don't have to. You could just update them at the end of the season if you want. For example, Black Ink and Gray Ink are based on leaderboard appearances, so they won't update until the end of the season anyway. Personally, I think running just the first three with each mid-season sim is plenty, then run the rest after the season is complete.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #83
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Excellent. Thanks for the tip.

- Tim McCarver

Old 08-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #84
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They'll also only show up on the pages of players who have appeared on the appropriate leaderboards.
Thanks for the extra info, I've now found some players with the scores.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #85
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

I would love to see, on the Upcoming Schedule, the record that your team has against a that particular team during the season. Thanks for doing this!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #86
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Opinion View Post
I would love to see, on the Upcoming Schedule, the record that your team has against a that particular team during the season. Thanks for doing this!
That's a great idea!

- Tim McCarver

Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #87
jmantemp
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for creating these. I've got them implemented on my league's pages now and since we do most of the work online people are excited about them. I had two questions (they might be related):

1. I'm getting a dateDiff() error when I import the SQL files, but all the files appear to be importing and the functions are working. I was just curious why this is and if it would be affecting anything.

2. Also, when I run Black and Grey Ink the numbers aren't showing up. For instance I thought they'd show up at: Player Report for #54 Joel Blachford - StatsLab for OOTPX for him, but I can't find the numbers anywhere. Any idea what that is? We're still in Spring Training. Is that it?

I really like the Last Sim utility. It's been very helpful already. Thanks again.
jmantemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #88
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmantemp View Post
Thanks for creating these. I've got them implemented on my league's pages now and since we do most of the work online people are excited about them. I had two questions (they might be related):

1. I'm getting a dateDiff() error when I import the SQL files, but all the files appear to be importing and the functions are working. I was just curious why this is and if it would be affecting anything.
Make sure you've got the latest download of the utils. That error was fixed, but the fix doesn't appear to be in your install.

Quote:
2. Also, when I run Black and Grey Ink the numbers aren't showing up. For instance I thought they'd show up at: Player Report for #54 Joel Blachford - StatsLab for OOTPX for him, but I can't find the numbers anywhere. Any idea what that is? We're still in Spring Training. Is that it?
No, it shouldn't have anything to do with Spring Training. A quick glance didn't reveal anything obvious, so I'll send you a PM on this.

Quote:
I really like the Last Sim utility. It's been very helpful already. Thanks again.
I've got a few cool new features coming for this in the near future. Stay tuned.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #89
satchel
Hall Of Famer

The Jamaica League is really enjoying StatsLab, thanks for all your work.

Quote:
I've got a few cool new features coming for this in the near future.
Great to hear it.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #90
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some folks have had issues with the load script timing out if the file is too big and their PHP install isn't configured to accept the script's request for additional time.
I'm having this problem with my players_game_batting.mysql.sql file. I'm loading all of the .sql files manually, and this one keeps timing out. It's 7.9 MB, so it's a big file.

Anything I can do about this? I'm on Dreamhost.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #91
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Satch, I've sent you PM with a link to some enhanced tools for managing very large files that time out via the individual SQL file load page. Please give them a whirl, and if everything looks good, I'll release them to the community.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #92
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
I'm having this problem with my players_game_batting.mysql.sql file. I'm loading all of the .sql files manually, and this one keeps timing out. It's 7.9 MB, so it's a big file.

Anything I can do about this? I'm on Dreamhost.
Really? Only 7.9 meg and it's timing out? Mine is 42 megs and it's running fine on Dreamhost. I wondering what the difference is...
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #93
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Satch, I've sent you PM with a link to some enhanced tools for managing very large files that time out via the individual SQL file load page. Please give them a whirl, and if everything looks good, I'll release them to the community.
The files you sent me are working great, and have solved my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Really? Only 7.9 meg and it's timing out? Mine is 42 megs and it's running fine on Dreamhost. I wondering what the difference is...
That is strange. I wish I knew what the difference is. It seems as if it could be some setting.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #94
MrWorkrate
All Star Starter

I'm going through the offseason right now (free agency), and I've already run all the career metrics stuff. Is there any reason I should still be running the SQL tools at this point, and if so which ones can I avoid? I don't mind uploading them each sim, but compiling them (especially the dreaded players_game_batting.mysql.sql and games_score.mysql.sql) is the killer.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #95
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWorkrate View Post
I'm going through the offseason right now (free agency), and I've already run all the career metrics stuff. Is there any reason I should still be running the SQL tools at this point, and if so which ones can I avoid? I don't mind uploading them each sim, but compiling them (especially the dreaded players_game_batting.mysql.sql and games_score.mysql.sql) is the killer.
The only thing you might care to update is development. The rest isn't going to change in the offseason. If you don't need the development over the offseason, there's no need to update the util.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #96
Recte44
Global Moderator

I'm using the settings you suggest for All Star Voting and I'm still getting blank ballots. Any ideas?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #97
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
I'm using the settings you suggest for All Star Voting and I'm still getting blank ballots. Any ideas?
Make sure your ootpsqlou/cache directory is clearing out the *as_ballot* files when you save your All-Star admin settings. It looks as if it tried to create that ballot before you entered your settings. If the directory is not being cleared, there may be a permissions issue with the cache directory.

It also looks as though you don't have the latest version with some fixes for date functions in there. Try reinstalling those as well.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #98
Recte44
Global Moderator

If you still have the info I sent you, think you could take a looksie for me?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #99
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
The issues people are seeing with ratings are due to the fact that the game now combines several internal ratings to determine the displayed ratings. I wasn't aware of this when I converted the OOTP9 version of these utils to OOTPX. If you review the threads in this forum for neags' dev tracker and Getch's OOTP OU, you'll see that they have the same problems.
Whatever the reason may be, the effect in the draft utility is alarming.

Looking at the a few of the top pitchers in the current Federal Baseball League draft:
Peyton Moore:
Game says potential of 9 stuff, 6 movement, 8 control
Utility says potential of 9 stuff, 8 movement, 4 control

Travis Carroll:
Games says 6-4-8
Utility says 6-8-2

Tom Larson:
Games says 4-7-5
Utility says 4-5-6

1) The numbers are far enough off that I am almost suspecting the columns are mislabeled in the utility. (In game, movement is 2nd; in the utility control is 2nd. Is that just a labeling error?)

2) Assuming for a moment that that is the case, this still makes discrepancies in movement odd. Travis Carroll has only a 45% gb%. So if the data dump is giving you his movement, setting aside a bonus for his gb%, this makes no sense. No way that 45% gb% is a bonus of 2 to movement. Thus, I am suspecting a problem with the game.

Ever since X came out, I have had a sense that when it came to pitcher ratings, what you see is not what you get. Given that Markus is not sharing his formulas, it would be the kind of bug that could go unnoticed for quite a while.

In my mind, it is suggestive of a problem in movement ratings that stuff ratings are coming through fine in the utility, even though they are supposedly the more complex rating, including both velocity and a bunch of pitch ratings. (Relievers do have a discrepancy in their stuff ratings, but it is consistent -- rated lower, so what you see in the utility is every pitcher including the relievers being rated as starters.)

Last edited by beorn; 08-23-2009 at 08:46 AM.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #100
Nyro44
Bat Boy

help

Notice: Undefined index: league_id in C:\wamp\www\ootpsqlou\
Notice: Undefined variable: lgid in

Any idea?

Thx a lot
Nyro44 is offline   Reply With Quote