Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #121
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

...ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!!!!

YES! Finally, one Stanley Cup before I die. GLORIA! Blue World Order 4 Life, baby!

Next best thing to winning the Cup? Seeing that punk Marchand cry.. Nice of the Blues to give a gift to the rest of the non-Boston NHL fandom, huh? May the tears give you life.

Never thought they could do it after Game 6. These guys never did it the easy way, but they did it. Gotta love this team.

Updated list of personal saviors:

1) Jesus Christ
1a) Jordan Binnington

O'Reilly did deserve the Smythe more, though. Binnington had too many games where he came out flatter than a week-old Pepsi there towards the end, but he got it done when it counted.

Nothing better than winning a Cup. Maybe Toronto or Buffalo or Vancouver, or one of the other long-suffering teams will get it done in the next few years. Good luck, but for now, victory is dressed in Blue.

only needed to be the better goalie in 4 games, not all 7

Blues played fantastic last night.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #122
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Road team 5, Home team 2. You hardly ever see stuff like that in the NBA or MLB. Another reason why I love the SC playoffs.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #123
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

...ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!!!!

YES! Finally, one Stanley Cup before I die. GLORIA! Blue World Order 4 Life, baby!

Next best thing to winning the Cup? Seeing that punk Marchand cry.. Nice of the Blues to give a gift to the rest of the non-Boston NHL fandom, huh? May the tears give you life.

Never thought they could do it after Game 6. These guys never did it the easy way, but they did it. Gotta love this team.

Updated list of personal saviors:

1) Jesus Christ
1a) Jordan Binnington

O'Reilly did deserve the Smythe more, though. Binnington had too many games where he came out flatter than a week-old Pepsi there towards the end, but he got it done when it counted.

Nothing better than winning a Cup. Maybe Toronto or Buffalo or Vancouver, or one of the other long-suffering teams will get it done in the next few years. Good luck, but for now, victory is dressed in Blue.
Never thought I'd see the day....

before game 1, I was just hoping for a good series where we didn't get swept or embarrassed... got the hard fought series and then some.... kudos to the Bruins for a great finals... looking forward to being in downtown St Louis this Saturday with a million or so others for the parade

and I finally got to touch this damned thing that's been on my shelf for 20 years.... back in 1999, Labatts Blue gave away mini Stanley Cup replicas with various logos of each team.... picked one up with the Blues logo and stuck it on a shelf (with some other Blues giveaway stuff from previous games/years) and told myself I couldn't touch it again until they win it all.... had to dust it off a bit last night but it made for a fun little pic (made it my social media profile pic for now) wife and I popped a bottle of champagne in the waning seconds of the 3rd period and poured a wee shot in the top of our mini cup to drink from it...
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #124
vrobx1
Hall Of Famer

When they had that little girl touching the Cup....

Goddammit! Who cut the onions!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
vrobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #125
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

I live in the St. Louis area, and have been a Blues fan for decades.

I didn't really appreciate just how much the Bruins were hated nationwide..and I ALSO didnt' appreciate just how. much. WHINING. the Bruins would do after they lost!

LET'S GO BLUES!!
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #126
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Which Bruins are whining?

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #127
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Blues uberfan here. The only person I've seen whine was El Presidente of Barstool Sports. Dave had a problem with it immediately following the series. I haven't seen any Bruins player whining.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #128
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
Which Bruins are whining?
Franklin Stubbs
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #129
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

I didn't ask which Dodgers were whiffing.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #130
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Road team 5, Home team 2. You hardly ever see stuff like that in the NBA or MLB. Another reason why I love the SC playoffs.
For sure! Not many NBA outliers (where the road team wins four games in a 5- or 6-game or series; wins one or two in a 7-gamer):

1953: Minny Lakers take game two at home vs Knicks; road team wins the other 4 games.
1974: Bucks win at home in game 2, and the Celtics win at home in game 3; all 5 other games won by road team.
1990: Pistons win game 1 at home vs Blazers, and then the road team takes the next 4 games.
1991: Bulls win game 2 at home against LA, but the road team takes games 1, 3, 4 and 5.
1993: Bulls take game 4 at home; the five other games vs Suns were won by the road team.
2001: Lakers won game 2 at home vs Sixers; the five other games were won by the road team.
2019: Raptors win at home in the opener vs Warriors, road team takes the next 5 games.

Interesting that with the home team going just 3-3 in the 1992 finals, the home team's record in the finals for the four-year period, 1990-1993, was just 6-19 (.240).

Along these same lines: How often do we see an NBA champ that wasn't seeded #1 or #2 going into the playoffs? Answer: Not often...

1969: Boston was #4 seed with 48 wins, but were the defending champs
1973: New York was #3, but with 57 wins and reached finals the year before
1977: Portland was #3, with 49 wins due to Walton missing time
1978: Washington was #3, with 44 wins
1995: Houston #6, but were defending champs, 47 wins due to injuries
2002: LA #3 seed but defending champs with 58 wins (tied w SA for 2nd most in conf)
2004: Detroit #3, with 54 wins good for 2nd-most in conf, but NJ got #2 seed for winning division
2007: Spurs #3, but with 58 wins
2011: Dallas, #3, 57 wins tied for 2nd most in conf
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote