Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #101
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DéjÃ* Bru View Post
This is getting, what, tiresome? Exasperating?

I was going to say that Frazier was the 14th player on the IL but Sanchez came off of it recently.

It's getting to the point where somebody has to take the fall even if it is not fair, just to have an indication that something is done about this. I'm thinking about the trainer and the strength and conditioning staff.

I also have to think that some of these injuries could be preventable.
I've been following baseball (i.e. Yankees) since 1976. I cannot recall a single time ever over that extensive period of time when they've had this many key players injured at the same time. It's usually a heavy blow to simultaneously lose 1-2 key players, but to essentially lose most of your starting lineup AND your #1 starter is simply incomprehensible.

Maybe you're on to something with regards to the training staff. This never happened when the Gene Monahan was the head trainer, and he didn't have a fraction of the technology that's available today at his disposal throughout most of his tenure.

Overall, however, I'm going to take the positive road here. It's hard not to. Despite all of their injuries, they're 14-10. If they were 8-16, or, God forbid, 4-20 at this point, these injuries would be an unmitigated disaster of potentially season-ending proportions. However, the fact that they still have a better record than the Sox, are in 2nd place, and well within striking distance of 1st, has me feeling optimistic about the remainder of the year.

Look at it this way: Barring the team charter crashing, it can't possibly get any worse than this...and they've still played better than the Sox. That's definitely cause for at least some optimism.

BTW, help is on the way! Yanks just traded for Cameron Maybin, so put your worries to bed.

Last edited by Caporegime; 04-25-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #102
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
"They aren't pliable enough" -- Tom Brady
That's justifiable, verifiable, and undeniable. In the end, they're liable to be unreliable because this is just not viable. Any more and I'll be certifiable!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #103
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
BTW, help is on the way! Yanks just traded for Cameron Maybin, so put your worries to bed.
Meh, he's this year's Andrew McCutcheon.

At least they got him for cold, hard cash! But Tyler Wade has to be pulling his hair out.

- Bru

Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #104
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Meh, he's this year's Andrew McCutcheon.

At least they got him for cold, hard cash! But Tyler Wade has to be pulling his hair out.

More like this year's Brandon Drury. If he hits above .190 I'll be shocked.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #105
Caporegime
All Star Starter

15-11....How are they doing it? They're being held together with scotch tape, spit, and gauze pads, but somehow they're winning.

It's almost May, and it's not Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Severino propelling this team forward, but Urshela, Voit, Estrada and German. Who would've predicted that back in ST?
Old 04-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #106
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who would've predicted that back in ST?
Brian Cashman, to give him due credit.

- Bru

Old 04-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #107
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Brian Cashman, to give him due credit.

Well, I think he was banking on his big guns to blast their way through. However, he deserves all the credit you can squeeze between the moon and NYC for making all the right moves to plug the gaps. Even the aforementioned Cameron Maybin, whose lack of hitting prowess I joked about above, contributed to their victory against the great Madison Bumgarner last night.

Kudos to Cash.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #108
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

The strange thing will be if, when Yankee regulars come back, the team goes on a losing streak. This has been remarkable so far, I must say. What are they going to do with some of these bench guys who are playing so well? Especially when, say, an Andujar or a Stanton are rusty and batting under .200? We'll see.

- Bru

Old 05-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #109
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
15-11....How are they doing it? They're being held together with scotch tape, spit, and gauze pads, but somehow they're winning.

It's almost May, and it's not Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Severino propelling this team forward, but Urshela, Voit, Estrada and German. Who would've predicted that back in ST?
Indeed.
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 05-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #110
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

...and Andujar catches Bird Flu and is out for the season.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #111
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
...and Andujar catches Bird Flu and is out for the season.
Well, it's really the same injury from March 31 but what will really be Bird-like is if Gio Urshela becomes the regular 3B in his absence. A slash line of .347/.398/.500 . . . a walk-off hit last night . . . let's just say that I wish Miguel well but I'm not missing him much right now.

- Bru

Old 05-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #112
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

As a matter of fact, maybe there is a tactful way of asking some of those guys on the IL to, uh, take some more time off just until we see how this is going? Until they are actually needed? No sense taking a chance hurting themselves again otherwise.

Name:  Image0018.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  53.3 KB

"Hey Aaron, Didi, Giancarlo, Luis, Troy! Been to Disney World recently? No? Here's tickets, all-expenses paid. We'll call you, OK?"

- Bru

Old 05-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #113
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Yankees have now hit 29 HRs in their 10 games against the Orioles.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #114
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Why the Yankees need Dallas:

The starting rotation has quite a few injury concerns CC, Paxton, Tanaka. These guys just don't stay healthy. Germaine is too inexperienced and JA Happ is oldish.

Severino is supposed to come back after the all Star break I've heard, but I just don't feel confident going into the playoffs with that rotation. The Yankees need more consistentacy out of their starters. Dallas could help with this.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #115
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, it's the middle relievers that have been dragging the team down. Cessa, Holder, and Green all have stunk. The Yankees need to find an answer to this dilemma, fast.

- Bru

Old 06-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #116
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

It was so nice to see our old friend CC Sabathia in town this weekend. He had very nice things to say about his time in Cleveland.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:22 PM   #117
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
It was so nice to see our old friend CC Sabathia in town this weekend. He had very nice things to say about his time in Cleveland.
Too bad he left town with an "L."

- Bru

Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #118
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Quote:
Meanwhile, it's the middle relievers that have been dragging the team down. Cessa, Holder, and Green all have stunk. The Yankees need to find an answer to this dilemma, fast.
We are still not getting quality starts as well. How many starters are going to the seventh inning to at least ease up on our bullpen.

I blame Boone for cessa. He would bring him in at the wrong time, which is mostly always but cessa is not a bullpen guy. Cessa belongs as a starter on the back end of someones rotation that is not competing for a playoff spot.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:47 PM   #119
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I hate to say this but they should keep throwing CC out there until he wins his 250th - they owe him that - but in the meantime, they should be looking to trade for somebody to replace him in the rotation. He's done.

EDIT: And Luis Cessa needs to be sent down to the minors. This season is starting to go downhill and the damned pitching is dragging them down there.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 06-14-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:43 PM   #120
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Quote:
I hate to say this but they should keep throwing CC out there until he wins his 250th - they owe him that - but in the meantime, they should be looking to trade for somebody to replace him in the rotation. He's done.

EDIT: And Luis Cessa needs to be sent down to the minors. This season is starting to go downhill and the damned pitching is dragging them down there.
Yes unfortunately pitching is not good. Need Severino to come back and pitch like an ace. Need Paxton to pitch well again. Cessa probably should be traded I feel like he never gets consistent opportunities. He is not a bullpen arm and should be the 5th starter on the Tigers.