Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #1
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

*New* Retro League Baseball - new league looking for GMs

The Retro League Baseball is a new historical fiction league. The league was created using historical teams, strategies, finances, and statistical tendencies. However, all the players are fictional. The league started in 1901 and simulated hand-off through the 1969 baseball season evolving and expanding as the MLB did. As such, the league has its own history, the records are unique to the league, and players have meaningful stats from previous seasons.

We start at the beginning of 1970 where rumors of international free agents, both established and amateur coming to North America and making big money has current players talking. After much fiery debate, court trials, and threats of boycotting the league, Retro League Baseball has agreed to allow players free agency after the 1970 season, abolishing the reserve clause.

New players will be given the opportunity to create their own scouts
We have started the inaugural season and draft and had some players leave or get booted for inactivity.

Minors: AAA, AA, A, A-, R
Communication: Slack

DH: Off in both leagues
Scouting: On
Coaching: Off
Overall and potential overall ratings: Off
Other rating scale: 20-80

Sim schedule: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat (7 days per sim)

StatsPlus: https://statsplus.net/retrolb
Constitution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

5!of the 24 teams are currently Available

AL East
Detroit Tigers

AL West
Kansas City Royals

NL East
Chicago Cubs

NL West
San Diego Padres
Houston Astros

Last edited by mrgoboom; 01-06-2019 at 03:00 PM.
mrgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yankees taken
Old 12-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Padres, A’s, and Tigers taken
Old 12-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
LaLuna
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Just a heads up, this commissioner was kicked from another league that I'm in for running multiple teams from the same IP address. Thought people might want to know before they join.
LaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #5
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLuna View Post
Just a heads up, this commissioner was kicked from another league that I'm in for running multiple teams from the same IP address. Thought people might want to know before they join.
It was two different people from the same house. We were not given a chance to prove this. Our mistake was not making this clear from the start. The other player is my father. I have referred to him as my roommate before (mostly to avoid oversharing). He is in this league as well.

Last edited by mrgoboom; 12-03-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
LaLuna
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoboom View Post
It was two different people from the same house. We were not given a chance to prove this. Our mistake was not making this clear from the start. The other player is my father. I have referred to him as my roommate before (mostly to avoid oversharing). He is in this league as well.
I find that unlikely for the following reasons.

1. You didn't disclose that you were exporting from the same IP address with multiple accounts until you were caught.
2. Every time one of the teams you were running exported, the other team you were running also exported within 10 minutes.
3. You keep changing your story about it being a roommate and/or family member. Now it's morphed into your father.
4. You've used the same exact name (Mike Byrne) on slack accounts for both you and the person that you're now claiming is your father.

But if you aren't in fact the same person feel free to provide that proof that you supposedly have at any moment...
LaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLuna View Post
I find that unlikely for the following reasons.

1. You didn't disclose that you were exporting from the same IP address with multiple accounts until you were caught.
2. Every time one of the teams you were running exported, the other team you were running also exported within 10 minutes.
3. You keep changing your story about it being a roommate and/or family member. Now it's morphed into your father.
4. You've used the same exact name (Mike Byrne) on slack accounts for both you and the person that you're now claiming is your father.

But if you aren't in fact the same person feel free to provide that proof that you supposedly have at any moment...
1. This was our mistake. We didn’t realize it would be an issue until we were already kicked.

2. Not every time. Not expecting anyone to go digging that far into server logs to prove it. Those that were more or less the same were because we’d often export as we chatted about the game. Each of us on our laptops.

3. I’m a private person. I generally prefer not to share information unless I have to. Calling him my roommate is technically true, but in the interest of openness I am now telling the full story. I volunteered that he’s my father in the same comment I mentioned I used to say he’s my roommate. Why would I do that if I was lying?

4. This is false. I always use the name mrgoboom. My name is Scott. His is Mike. He usually uses the name gnordimer. Both names have history.

As for proof, what we would have done is have a couple simultaneous voice conversations (or a conference call, whatever) where we discuss our plans for our team. This is obviously no longer possible, though if someone feels the need to do similar for this league we may be able to set that up at some point in the future.

One thing I can do is prove we both exist with an interest in baseball. I hope the attached photo does that. I’m not sure what else I could do. EDIT: Without exposing more personal info than I care to.
Attached Images

Last edited by mrgoboom; 12-04-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #8
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Phillies, Mets, and Brewers taken.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #9
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Atlanta and San Francisco taken.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #10
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cubs and Reds taken.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #11
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cleveland taken
Old 12-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #12
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dodgers taken
Old 12-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #13
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Astros taken
Old 12-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #14
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cardinals taken
Old 12-13-2018, 02:51 AM   #15
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pirates, Angels, and Red Sox taken
Old 12-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #16
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Senators taken.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #17
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Several teams have been claimed and a few have opened up as players have left or been kicked due to inactivity. Current available teams are Tigers, Twins, Royals, Cubs, Padres, and Astros. Significant variation in quality of teams. Detroit won it all last year, the Cubs are solid, the Twins suck but have a good farm, and the Royals, Padres, and Astros are '69 expansion teams.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #18
mrgoboom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Twins are taken. Tigers, Royals, Padres, Astros, and Cubs still available.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #19
OzSindland
Bat Boy

This looks really interesting. I'd be glad to jump in as the Astros
OzSindland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #20
mettrain
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bump. Great league with strong GMs and a commish who makes sure the schedule runs on time. 7 day sims 4x a week keeps the league moving at a good pace.
mettrain is offline   Reply With Quote