Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

"New" look Expos, what do you think of the home cap?

Sorry this is a huge screen shot, but what do you all think of the new Expos home cap?? This is one idea I am toying with! Opinions welcomed!
Name:  new_game_2016-04-02_14-58-09.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  284.1 KB
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Looks good

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Looks okay from what I see. Perhaps a closer shot of the FaceGen?

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I goofed. I had the Expos logo with the lower case "expos" underneath the big M. So just try to block that out of your vision and pretend it's just the M on the white hat / royal blue visor.
The road cap is the same except for the side panels and back being royal blue. Looks kinda like a spring training cap.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

These are still huge shots because I am somewhat busy, but here are updated home and road caps.
Name:  new_game_2016-04-02_17-14-20.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  185.3 KB
Name:  new_game_2016-04-02_17-14-38.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  184.6 KB
Old 04-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
JaBurns
All Star Starter

My own personal preference but I always liked the solid blue cap with the logo on it, much preferable to the tricolor beanie of the late '60's. Again only my 2 cents.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I hear ya', JaBurns. I took the red out of the cap because it looks a little better and blue is my fav color.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

I too am have the Expos in my league and am using the uni's in the screenshot and compared to yours these are straight out fugly.

Could you post your jersey.expos.png file or whatever it's called so I could copy it into my league file and use your much better looking jerseys??

PS. Wouldn't mind the hat either if it's not too much trouble, but the jersey is a must. Those look great and mine look horrible.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it would work for me to just "crop it out" from the that big picture posted above? If so I could download that big picture, cut out just the jersey part and name in appropriately but I'm not sure it would work right. Size issue maybe??? Anyone know?
Attached Images

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 04-27-2017 at 07:35 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #9
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

OldFatGuy,
The hats I made from the generic patterns the game gives you. I found the Expos logo, made it my main and secondary logos and then found it by hitting the "Select" on for each cap. They are nothing installed. Just some fancy work on my part
The jerseys however....I dont know how to give you all that because I had Tucker Duckson and Hooray Saturday trying to help me get the Expos jerseys before my wife figured out how to download them on my game. I have no idea how she did it except it involved WinZip or WinRAR. I dont know if just simple copying and pasting would do it?!?!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Okay, I got it. I found that thread and downloaded the historical jerseys and found that one (1992 I think).

The one I was using I liked really well (so it's unfair to call it fugly LOL since I actually liked it a lot) UNTIL I saw yours LOL. Then I suddenly didn't like mine anymore.

Now I've got that one! I really like that one.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #11
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
I too am have the Expos in my league and am using the uni's in the screenshot and compared to yours these are straight out fugly.

Could you post your jersey.expos.png file or whatever it's called so I could copy it into my league file and use your much better looking jerseys??

PS. Wouldn't mind the hat either if it's not too much trouble, but the jersey is a must. Those look great and mine look horrible.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it would work for me to just "crop it out" from the that big picture posted above? If so I could download that big picture, cut out just the jersey part and name in appropriately but I'm not sure it would work right. Size issue maybe??? Anyone know?
Try this link:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=272051

May be a little too much but you never know when you may want or need all of these unis, caps, and logos.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #12
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

OldFatGuy, glad you got what you wanted. I went thru h e double hockey sticks to get it. I dont know all of this downloading stuff and I imagine I had Tucker Duckson thinking "Oh, C"MON!!!"
Old 04-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #13
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

I scoffed more than I'd like to admit.

Plays legit baseball now. My OOTP ratings are low.

2022 update: I'm two stars!
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #14
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I like the ice cream cap look (white cap/blue bill). For the road cap, instead of the front panel being white, what if it was gray? I'd like that better.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #15
Jordan
All Star Starter

Good stuff. Always love seeing Expos posts
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #16
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Tucker - Yeah... I hate I'm like this, but I never needed or had any training to do this kind of stuff. I am REAL basic internet. When it comes to copy and paste of a normal basis, I can do THAT, but I am computer ignorant of Zip files, RAR, and all that kind of stuff.

cheo25, I might shoot for the gray front panel, I guess I could give it a look and see.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #17
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Good stuff. Always love seeing Expos posts
I'm probably PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE in an Expos thread, since I'm a die-hard, all-in, emotional to the hilt, crazed Washington Nationals fan.

But I feel for Expos fans. I saw my team leave TWICE, once for 34 or 35 years. I was around when the Washington Senators left the first time and became the Minnesota Twins. I wasn't very old and didn't really cry about it (well especially since it was announced that Washington would be getting that expansion team and wouldn't be without a team a single year), but then when the expansion Washington Senators left and became the Texas Rangers I was old enough. Old enough to cry like a baby. Seriously.

I had gone to sooo many Senators games, ALWAYS watched them on Channel 9 when they were on (usually just road games back then), felt like I knew them all personally and thought Frank Howard was a God walking around in a man suit, and literally had tears flow when they left. Had I known at the time it would be for over 30 years then, I imagine the tears would've been accompanied by a never ending rage. But the rage did come every time baseball expanded and Washington wasn't chosen, which was at least three times, 2 cities each IIRC. (Blue Jays/Mariners in the late 70's and then the D-Backs, Marlins, Rockies, and Rays in two expansions in the 90's. 6 cities and not a one was Washington. The rage... it burned....)

I hope Montreal isn't in the dark as long as Washington was. Greedy owners. Worst part of baseball. In every era.

EDIT: My cousin and I used to collect baseball cards back then and kept at it all the way up until our late 20's or early 30's. And one day in December of the year the Senators had just left for Texas, my cousin called me on the phone and couldn't hold back his excitement because he had bought a package of Topps baseball cards for the new year and they had Washington Senators in there (albeit they were wearing San Diego uniforms IIRC). I was once again filled with hope. Nope. Turns out it was some rumor about the Padres moving to DC or something but obviously that didn't happen. I asked him several years later if he had any of those cards and he said no. Bet those would probably worth something now.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 04-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #18
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
I like the ice cream cap look (white cap/blue bill). For the road cap, instead of the front panel being white, what if it was gray? I'd like that better.
Let me echo that I love the white cap with the blue bill. Not as big a fan of the two-tone road hat. I don't think I'd like gray any better. Maybe replace the white with red? Or make the bill red & go blue (maybe with the soutache look?)
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #19
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
I'm probably PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE in an Expos thread, since I'm a die-hard, all-in, emotional to the hilt, crazed Washington Nationals fan.

But I feel for Expos fans. I saw my team leave TWICE, once for 34 or 35 years. I was around when the Washington Senators left the first time and became the Minnesota Twins. I wasn't very old and didn't really cry about it (well especially since it was announced that Washington would be getting that expansion team and wouldn't be without a team a single year), but then when the expansion Washington Senators left and became the Texas Rangers I was old enough. Old enough to cry like a baby. Seriously.

I had gone to sooo many Senators games, ALWAYS watched them on Channel 9 when they were on (usually just road games back then), felt like I knew them all personally and thought Frank Howard was a God walking around in a man suit, and literally had tears flow when they left. Had I known at the time it would be for over 30 years then, I imagine the tears would've been accompanied by a never ending rage. But the rage did come every time baseball expanded and Washington wasn't chosen, which was at least three times, 2 cities each IIRC. (Blue Jays/Mariners in the late 70's and then the D-Backs, Marlins, Rockies, and Rays in two expansions in the 90's. 6 cities and not a one was Washington. The rage... it burned....)

I hope Montreal isn't in the dark as long as Washington was. Greedy owners. Worst part of baseball. In every era.

EDIT: My cousin and I used to collect baseball cards back then and kept at it all the way up until our late 20's or early 30's. And one day in December of the year the Senators had just left for Texas, my cousin called me on the phone and couldn't hold back his excitement because he had bought a package of Topps baseball cards for the new year and they had Washington Senators in there (albeit they were wearing San Diego uniforms IIRC). I was once again filled with hope. Nope. Turns out it was some rumor about the Padres moving to DC or something but obviously that didn't happen. I asked him several years later if he had any of those cards and he said no. Bet those would probably worth something now.

Thanks for the kind sentiments! I appreciate your story and it makes the 'Spos being in Washington hurt a little less lol! The Expos leaving was a slow 15 year grind that wore most fans out by the time they left. It took me many years to watch MLB again. What still irks me and totally put me off of the Nats was their lack of recognition to the franchise's past in Montreal. They could have kept me as a fan. I hope they honour former Montreal players? I would be interested to know.

Anyway cheers and enjoy your team!
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote